Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects
-
Hold up now ! Where does your drafting mag have these 2 rated? near rating #54 still?
TE Cade Stover, Ohio State. 6'4, 251. Possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class.
Ok Bru'tus the Buckeye homer !
Been sitting in my OSU man-cave where the grey carpet has the Buckeye red/white stripe running down the middle of it.. Berry is going to piss both of off because?
TE Cade Stover will be age 24.5 when drafted, meaning Berry won't draft him
(but we share the same thinking on Stover)
damn, i got to cut the grass already ! ? Round 1 !
The magazine (Lindy's) has both Mitchell and Powers-Johnson as second rounders.
But you got me on Stover, they have him as a third rounder. ? But the "possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class" part made me think, you know, maybe he wouldn't be such a reach here in the second.
But you got me on Stover, they have him as a third rounder. ? But the "possibly the most well-rounded TE in this class" part made me think, you know, maybe he wouldn't be such a reach here in the second.
I've seen Buckeyes TE Cade Stover and Virginia WR Malik Washington being gone during the 4th round in mock drafts.
no Browns 4th round pick as of present
Our 2nd & 3rd round picks Berry can't miss on
-
edit: @texasag1969 You once mentioned some draft publication having Edgerrin Cooper as the 1st LB taken. I'd like to have a word about that, because two full games in and I ain't seeing what they're saying - which is basically that he's a day 1 starter. I see a great downhill, straight line speed and a decent motor. But that's about it. At what game in the season am I supposed to be impressed? Because I'd like to watch that and get a better feel.
I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963
I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963
What boosted his combine score was his 40 time. There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue. Combine that with the slower eyes and processing.... I have concerns.
And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out.
"Leadership" is a cliche' term. You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader. You have to contribute to be a leader period. So that's a non-factor in this particular eval.
-
Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63?
-
Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63?
Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63?
Not yet. Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape. I'll give you my initial impression later.
-
I think this one is a pretty fair overall look at him as a draft pick which is why I think he may still be there for round 3 if we fill a different area round 2. He's teachable and his overall combine score ranked him 1st among LBs. The thing no one seems to take into account is team leadership, something he has that I think will eventually translate well past being a rookie.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/edgerrin-cooper/3200434f-4f53-5990-fc98-570859860963
What boosted his combine score was his 40 time. There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue. Combine that with the slower eyes and processing.... I have concerns.
And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out.
"Leadership" is a cliche' term. You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader. You have to contribute to be a leader period. So that's a non-factor in this particular eval.
What boosted his combine score was his 40 time. There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue. Combine that with the slower eyes and processing.... I have concerns.
And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out.
"Leadership" is a cliche' term. You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader. You have to contribute to be a leader period. So that's a non-factor in this particular eval.
I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper
-
Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63?
Not yet. Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape. I'll give you my initial impression later.
-
When ya hear former gm's, praising the depth of this years class of Offensive Lineman? Our pal Tour, would've needed it's own Topic of 2024 OL prospects. ?
Prospect X is a term used in finding prospects that fall under the terms of "deepest draft sleeper" (think Drew Forbes, or maybe we shouldn't ?)
Pro Bowl LG Joel Bitonio was found playing his College football in Nevada.
This years Prospect X, maybe playing his College football as a South Dakota State Jackrabbit ?
.Projected 5th/6th round. Prospect rating as high as #125, but now at #134. X's PFF score is 87.6 with a RAS score of 9.97
Shrine Bowler maybe built out of the same play-doe mold of Joel Bitonio playing at Nevada
( Oh calm down ! ) Sit a year behind a pro bowler.
Here's to finding more game tape of Jack ? LG #60 Mason McCormick
It's not the Steelers, but 13-2 Montana played in it's Championship Game
It's a option after pick #85
-
Look at any Junion Colson tape yet, @tiamat63?
Not yet. Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape. I'll give you my initial impression later.
Not yet. Weather sucks today. I'm meeting a friend of mine out for a beer, then after that I'll be relaxing all day and jumping on some LB tape. I'll give you my initial impression later.
Happy St Patty's Day! Theme of the day - don't drink and drive; but do drink and post. Flugel's theme for our draft - Safety 1st!
-
Rumored Team prospect meetings can't be copy & pasted from this link. But can be viewed here
https://nfltraderumors.co/2024-nfl-draft-prospect-visit-tracker/
In progress Pro Day results can be viewed here (load delays)
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-pro-day-results/
-
Well Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M had an interview with the Bucs. Maybe I should visit cal over on their website now.?
-
What boosted his combine score was his 40 time. There was no shuttle or 3 cone. And downhill, straight line speed as a linebacker is no where near as important as being able to move, start and stop, laterally to recover or pursue. Combine that with the slower eyes and processing.... I have concerns.
And, from the two games I've watched so far, that lack of above average sideline to sideline really stands out.
"Leadership" is a cliche' term. You have to be an elite rookie, contributing immediately, to be a leader. You have to contribute to be a leader period. So that's a non-factor in this particular eval.
I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper
I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper
Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss. Just more of the same.
The increase in sacks was interesting. So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front. If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.
-
I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper
Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss. Just more of the same.
The increase in sacks was interesting. So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front. If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.
Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss. Just more of the same.
The increase in sacks was interesting. So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front. If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.
Well, it will be interesting to follow how he does as a pro wherever TB takes him. LOL!?
-
I think you will find the sideline to sideline you are looking for in later games in the season. That is where you will find the improvements and better stats from 2022 to 2023 seasons. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4430438/edgerrin-cooper
Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss. Just more of the same.
The increase in sacks was interesting. So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front. If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.
Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss. Just more of the same.
The increase in sacks was interesting. So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front. If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.
My quicker than Cliffs Notes limited research of him - I see a very opportunistic blind side blitzer opponents didn't even try to block or account for. While I see a fast player that can fly up to the LOS - I don't see a confident 1st step instinct that would get him there quick but more under control to execute a text book hit with head up accompanied by a simultaneous wrap. I know Aggies fans would probably tell me to put the crack pipe down and I wouldn't be surprised if our buddy @texasag1969 does just that. ?
I saw videos on line which are supposed to be his best highlights where he flies up to contact with a violent collision lacking a simultaneous wrap. Consequently when the ballcarrier is jolted back/bouncing off - he has to re-engage the ballcarrier with a wrap and wrestle to the ground. The collisions are impressive due to the physics but in this process he has to make 2 different attempts to bring the guy to the ground. In fairness, my limited research can't tell if this was a season long occurrence or just a few limited episodes that the highlights I watched captured. Love the kid's motor and passion jumping off the screen - just some coaching needed to fine tune it all.
My thinking is some of this can be corrected with NFL coaching and film prep. Bad habits depending on how long they were reinforced can be a challenge. In the end, my research doesn't have the whole truth and nothing but the whole truth - so I appreciate your observations.
-
Two full games later in the season - vs LSU then Ole Miss. Just more of the same.
The increase in sacks was interesting. So where A&M switched up their deployment was alternating who the 4th man was in pressure in there 3 man, odd front. If this kid is the 2nd LB off the board, it's a pretty weak draft class.
Well, it will be interesting to follow how he does as a pro wherever TB takes him. LOL!?
Well, it will be interesting to follow how he does as a pro wherever TB takes him. LOL!?
I hope it's not the same place TB took former 1st round LSU LB Devin White. He woke up one day on the scout team defense humping Baker's leg in practice.
-
All the players that are pending free agents, after the 2024 season have been removed from this chart. This gives us a indication of position rooms where they have the most need to draft someone and prepare for the future.
The best teams in the NFL will draft a year in advance so they aren't relying on a rookie to be a role player, give them a year in the system to develop.
1.) Add Jerry Jeudy to WR's
2.) All other players have expiring contracts or on 1 year expiring contracts after 2024. Except listed
3.) Key contracts would fall on Chubb/ Cooper/ Newsome/ Wills & JOK
Browns could Draft BPA in many positions
-
All the players that are pending free agents, after the 2024 season have been removed from this chart. This gives us a indication of position rooms where they have the most need to draft someone and prepare for the future.
The best teams in the NFL will draft a year in advance so they aren't relying on a rookie to be a role player, give them a year in the system to develop.
1.) Add Jerry Jeudy to WR's
2.) All other players have expiring contracts or on 1 year expiring contracts after 2024. Except listed
3.) Key contracts would fall on Chubb/ Cooper/ Newsome/ Wills & JOK
Browns could Draft BPA in many positions
-
Good Night of Carolina College Basketball ! ? what'd I miss?
Like 7-11... WR's are always open. What fans hate when they get open? Is WR drop rates..
It's @texasag1969 Birthday week.. HB pal ! Would you believe we both logged in here 10 years ago !
Texas A&M WR Ainias Smith has a pair of great catching hands.. 1.9% drop rate
Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft:
• Johnny Wilson: 16.1%
• Javon Baker: 10.6%
• Devontez Walker: 8.5%
• Troy Franklin: 7.3%
• Keon Coleman: 7.2%
• Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%
• Ladd McConkey: 6.3%
• Xavier Worthy: 5.4%
• Malik Nabers: 4.9%
• Xavier Legette: 4.8%
• Rome Odunze: 4.8%
• Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%
• Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%
Ainias Smith: 1.9%
• Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%
coded as DR. more WR draftee details here https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-wr-prospects-pff-grades-big-board-ranks/ bonus stats on contested catches
Browns drop rates last season..
Last yearCoop- 6.2Chief- 9.3Moore- 7.6Bell- 8.3Tillman- 4.6Jeudy- 6.9 -
I finally found Lindy's Pro Football Draft Magazine at the store yesterday. I've always liked the way they beat to their own drum in terms of where they are willing to project prospects. I also notice heights and weights of various prospects can vary from 1 publication/site to another. I'm going to find out with you if they dared to be different this year as I post their version of top 5 prospects in each position and their overall grade for the position group. I'll begin with defense this morning (I'll get the offense later today or tomorrow):
SAFETY GRADE C-:
1. Tyler Nubin, Minnesota 6-1 212 rd 1-2; 2. Kamren Kinchens, Miami 5-11 205 rd 2; 3. Jaden Hicks, Washington State 6-2 212 rd 2-3; 4. Tykee Smith, Georgia 5-10 206 rd 3-4; 5. Calen Bullock, USC 6-2 193 rd 4
CORNER GRADE A+:
1. Nate Wiggins, Clemson 6-2 189 rd 1; 2. Terrion Arnold, Alabama 6-0 190 rd 1; 3. Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama 6-0 196 rd1; 4. Cooper DeJean, Iowa 6-1 205 rd 1; 5. Ennis Rakestraw Jr, Missouri 6-0 185 rd 2
OLB GRADE B-:
1. Dallas Turner, Alabama 6-4 242 rd 1; 2. Chop Robinson, Penn State 6-3 254 rd 1-2; 3. Junior Colson, Michigan 6-3 247 rd 2; 4. Chris Braswell, Alabama 6-3 252 rd 2-3; 5. Ty'Ron Hopper, Missouri 6-2 225 rd 3
ILB GRADE B+:
1. Cedric Gray, North Carolina 6-2 235 rd 1-2; 2. Payton Wilson, NC State 6-4 238 rd 2; 3. Trevin Wallace, Kentucky 6-1 241 2nd rd; 4. Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M 6-3 230 rd 2-3; 5. Jeremiah Trotter, Clemson 6-0 230 rd 3-4
DEFENSIVE TACKLE GRADE A-:
1. Jer'Zhan Newston, Illinois 6-1 300, rd 1; 2. Darius Robinson, Missouri 6-5 293 rd 2; 3. Byron Murphy II, Texas 6-1 308 rd 2; 4. Kris Jenkins, Michigan 6-3 298 rd 2; 5. Maason Smith, LSU 6-6 315 rd 2
DEFENSIVE END GRADE D+:
1. Jared Verse, Florida State 6-3 252 rd 1; 2. Laiatu Latu, UCLA 6-5 261 rd 1; 3. Adisa Isaac, Penn State 6-4 246 rd 2; 4. Austin Booker, Kansas 6-5 245 rd 2; 5. Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan 6-3 275 rd 2-3
-
-
@flugel @gumby73 (And anyone else who wants to participate, of course)
Want to do a top 5 list for our 3rd round pick, like we we did for the 2nd rounder?
I'll start.
Sure. Thanks! I'll do mine this afternoon. Biggest surprise I found on defense in Lindy's Draft Mag was them projecting Texas' T'Vondre Sweat for round 3 as their 8th highest rated DT. I doubt he even makes it to #54 overall in round 2. Athlon has him as their 3rd best DT projected for round 2. As I said in my previous post - these rankings/projections can vary from 1 Magazine/Site to another.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login