Skip to content

Mock Drafts & Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
166 11 6.1k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Has anyone actually watched Payton Wilson, out of curiosity?   Highlight videos don't count...

    I've yet to, so I'm asking an honest question.

    It's funny you ask this, because after you shot down my Junior Colson love like some random girl at a Kent bar 20 years ago, I was going to ask you about this guy as a possible option. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's funny you ask this, because after you shot down my Junior Colson love like some random girl at a Kent bar 20 years ago, I was going to ask you about this guy as a possible option. 

    I have a little time before dinner, so I'll be in the machine shop doing some film work on him.    There's several cutups of him on YT, the first one against UConn.  I'll start there.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Has anyone actually watched Payton Wilson, out of curiosity?   Highlight videos don't count...

    I've yet to, so I'm asking an honest question.

    It's funny you ask this, because after you shot down my Junior Colson love like some random girl at a Kent bar 20 years ago, I was going to ask you about this guy as a possible option. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    because after you shot down my Junior Colson love like some random girl at a Kent bar 20 years ago

    😆   golden flashes.. three HS friends had my 25th birthday party at Ray's Place while attending Kent. nice small college town back 35 years ago. Got back to Toledo 2 days later ?. I'd image Ray's never closed a single day during Covid : ) 

    @tiamat63 said:

    There's several cutups of him on YT, the first one against UConn.  I'll start there.  

    These days... YT is all we get for free.. Junkies miss the draft site that had draftees full snaps of games. Sites name escapes me from a few years back ?

    I've seen PW play live in 3 games.. UNC/ Clemson/ ND.. The comparisons to LB Blake Martinez coming out of Stanford, may not be to far off ? But, the pro's got to get Wilson to add some good upper bulk. 138 tackles/ at times adding his knee brace to finish games? Loves the game & guts ! 

    LB class may have it's weakness? But, 

    Colson & Wilson are not that far behind, what Jack Campbell did in his college days verse pass/run percentages at Iowa  https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/stats/CD/LB/1/2024

    RANK PLAYER POS TEAM TACKLING PASS RUSH RUN DEFENSE COVERAGE RATING
    1
    Jack Campbell Iowa Thumbnail - NFLDraftBUZZ.com

    Jack
    Campbell

    LB
    Iowa   Mascot
    90 69 85 92
    87.6
    Payton Wilson North Carolina State Thumbnail - NFLDraftBUZZ.com

    Payton
    Wilson

    LB
    North Carolina State   Mascot
    91 75 83 88
    85.8
    Junior Colson Michigan Thumbnail - NFLDraftBUZZ.com

    Junior
    Colson

    LB
    Michigan   Mascot
    96 68 84 83
    86.2
  • @dutch-oven said:

    because after you shot down my Junior Colson love like some random girl at a Kent bar 20 years ago

    😆   golden flashes.. three HS friends had my 25th birthday party at Ray's Place while attending Kent. nice small college town back 35 years ago. Got back to Toledo 2 days later ?. I'd image Ray's never closed a single day during Covid : ) 

    @tiamat63 said:

    There's several cutups of him on YT, the first one against UConn.  I'll start there.  

    These days... YT is all we get for free.. Junkies miss the draft site that had draftees full snaps of games. Sites name escapes me from a few years back ?

    I've seen PW play live in 3 games.. UNC/ Clemson/ ND.. The comparisons to LB Blake Martinez coming out of Stanford, may not be to far off ? But, the pro's got to get Wilson to add some good upper bulk. 138 tackles/ at times adding his knee brace to finish games? Loves the game & guts ! 

    LB class may have it's weakness? But, 

    Colson & Wilson are not that far behind, what Jack Campbell did in his college days verse pass/run percentages at Iowa  https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/stats/CD/LB/1/2024

    RANK PLAYER POS TEAM TACKLING PASS RUSH RUN DEFENSE COVERAGE RATING
    1
    Jack Campbell Iowa Thumbnail - NFLDraftBUZZ.com

    Jack
    Campbell

    LB
    Iowa   Mascot
    90 69 85 92
    87.6
    Payton Wilson North Carolina State Thumbnail - NFLDraftBUZZ.com

    Payton
    Wilson

    LB
    North Carolina State   Mascot
    91 75 83 88
    85.8
    Junior Colson Michigan Thumbnail - NFLDraftBUZZ.com

    Junior
    Colson

    LB
    Michigan   Mascot
    96 68 84 83
    86.2

    @gumby73 said:

    😆   golden flashes.. three HS friends had my 25th birthday party at Ray's Place while attending Kent. nice small college town back 35 years ago. Got back to Toledo 2 days later ?. I'd image Ray's never closed a single day during Covid : )      

    Oh yes, Ray's Place...

    Two of my favorite "Just Missed A Really Good Time" stories center around Ray's.

    First, my buddy was out one night and decided to leave Ray's to go to another bar. Minutes later Drew Carey walks in, has the manager shut the doors and everyone already in the bar drank for free on Carey the rest of the night. 

    Second, I was at the Loft years later and the group I was with piece-meal decided to go down to Ray's. I was one of the last to leave, and there was a melee outside the bar's front door. I decided to leave when the cops rolled up, and minutes later two girls from the group who stuck around to witness the shenanigans come into Ray's and tells us that one of the guys in the fight got tasered by the cops. Damn it, I always wanted to see the Po-Po get all tasery. 

  • One week, party people!

  • One week, party people!

    @dutch-oven said:

    One week, party people!

    this dumb ass chose to work thru Monday & Tuesday, before jumping on Detroit flight Wednesday

    l2JhOVyjSHGejoXXq.gif          

    late to work again.. suspend me please