New Stadium in the Suburbs or Stadium Renovation
-
Haslam Buys Land in Brook Park
I have been critical of Jimmy Haslem. He's earned it. But it's great to see that he is making major moves for the future of the Browns.
My connections to Cleveland are as a fan. I'm not emotionally tied to the area around the stadium. If a new stadium in the suburbs creates a better fan experience I'm all for it.
I'm interested in hearing what you guys think of a new stadium in the suburbs vs a renovated stadium at the current site.
If this is a push to get a Super Bowl what are the current infrastructure and logistics of Brook Park? Restaurants? Hotels? I know the airport is nearby. I've only flown out of Cleveland twice and haven’t been to that area in 30 years.
Every time we visit family in PA, we drive and I'm hopping off 71 onto 271 so I don't get that far north to see everything.
I really look forward to hearing what you guys have to say?
-
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
-
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
Bingo. As much as I hate to say it, because I'm not one for tax payers footing the bills... the current land the Stadium is on can be redeveloped for downtown condo's and apartments. Along the lakefront, it would make CLE incredibly attractive to go along with the heart and soul she's got.
-
I rather games be played in the elements... But Money and betting has cancelled traditional football out and has a firm grip on the NFL... My guess is college programs and HS will follow suit.. Football has gone soft...
I rather games be played in the elements... But Money and betting has cancelled traditional football out and has a firm grip on the NFL... My guess is college programs and HS will follow suit.. Football has gone soft...
I'd rather they be played in the elements as well. I want an outdoor stadium.
I'm not so much worried about a Super Bowl as I am a great game day Browns' experience.
-
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
Bingo. As much as I hate to say it, because I'm not one for tax payers footing the bills... the current land the Stadium is on can be redeveloped for downtown condo's and apartments. Along the lakefront, it would make CLE incredibly attractive to go along with the heart and soul she's got.
Bingo. As much as I hate to say it, because I'm not one for tax payers footing the bills... the current land the Stadium is on can be redeveloped for downtown condo's and apartments. Along the lakefront, it would make CLE incredibly attractive to go along with the heart and soul she's got.
I don't like tax payers paying for stadiums either.
As it relates to the stadium what's parking like near the current stadium? Does this site allow for more parking near the stadium? Better tailgate opportunities?
-
I rather games be played in the elements... But Money and betting has cancelled traditional football out and has a firm grip on the NFL... My guess is college programs and HS will follow suit.. Football has gone soft...
I rather games be played in the elements... But Money and betting has cancelled traditional football out and has a firm grip on the NFL... My guess is college programs and HS will follow suit.. Football has gone soft...
Aren't you the guy putting people on ignore every other day because your tender feelings get hurt so, so easily?
-
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
-
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
If they build an indoor stadium, they can hold a lot more events.
As someone who had season tickets for 18 years, the elements are way overrated IMO. Sure it’s nice to be outside in September and October, but give me climate control, all day long, in December and January.
when the team was bad, I couldn’t give the tickets away when the weather sucked at the end of the year.
-
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
I'm dating myself, but wasn't that the intention of the Gateway Project? My grandparents took me to Gund Arena before we went to an Indians' game at Jacob's Field. I recall there was a mall connected to Gund Arena.
I know indoor malls aren't what they were in the 20th Century, but is it still there?
My guess is restaurants, shopping, multi-plex cinemas, Topgolf, breweries, events venues, etc.
-
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
I'm dating myself, but wasn't that the intention of the Gateway Project? My grandparents took me to Gund Arena before we went to an Indians' game at Jacob's Field. I recall there was a mall connected to Gund Arena.
I know indoor malls aren't what they were in the 20th Century, but is it still there?
My guess is restaurants, shopping, multi-plex cinemas, Topgolf, breweries, events venues, etc.
I'm dating myself, but wasn't that the intention of the Gateway Project? My grandparents took me to Gund Arena before we went to an Indians' game at Jacob's Field. I recall there was a mall connected to Gund Arena.
I know indoor malls aren't what they were in the 20th Century, but is it still there?
My guess is restaurants, shopping, multi-plex cinemas, Topgolf, breweries, events venues, etc.
Well there's bars and restaurants all around the Gateway area within walking distance...
This ballpark village would be more of building an entertainment area out of nothing. Like how Atlanta did with their new ballpark Truist Park out in the suburbs.
-
I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro.
But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...
If they build an indoor stadium, they can hold a lot more events.
As someone who had season tickets for 18 years, the elements are way overrated IMO. Sure it’s nice to be outside in September and October, but give me climate control, all day long, in December and January.
when the team was bad, I couldn’t give the tickets away when the weather sucked at the end of the year.
If they build an indoor stadium, they can hold a lot more events.
As a proponent of an outdoor stadium, here are biggest upsides of an indoor stadium:
Big 10 Football Championship Game
MAC Football Championship Game
College Football National Championship Game
Super Bowl
Big 10 Men's Basketball Conference Tournament
College Basketball Final Four
Big 10 Wrestling Tournament
NCAA Wrestling National Championship
USA Wrestling National Championships
USA Wrestling World Team Trials
Wrestling World Championships
USA Swimming National Championship
Swimming World Championships
USA Swimming Olympic Trials
Monster Jam, which in a football stadium is awesome compared to the smaller footprint of a basketball arena
Conventions and Trade Shows
Concerts in the winter and spring
-
So I take it nobody saw the effect the wind had on Tyler Bass' heartbreaking field goal in the divisional game and you still want to play in the elements?
At the very least, every team should have a retractable roof so you can have options, especially teams that play by the lake. It does not make sense to have a pure outdoor stadium on the shores of Lake Erie when the technology exists.
-
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.
-
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.
-
They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down. It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.
What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.
What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.
Brookpark.Cleveland Hopkins International Airport - Google Maps to the right of the airport between Snow Rd. and Brookpark Rd.
-
No brainer. Real grass and retractable roof! It is becoming the standard in both Footballs across the globe.
-
How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them?
-
How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them?
How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them?
I'm pretty green. I've been to Three Rivers, the Hoosier Dome, Municipal Stadium and Lucas Oil Stadium.
My opinion isn't desirable.
To me, Municipal Stadium was like walking on the streets of gold. I know, I know. Buy to a boy whose universe revolved around the Browns, it was the place where my heroes played and where Legends lived forever.
The Hoosier Dome was great because it was LOUD...couldn't even hear yourself think loud in the late 90's and 2000s.
Lucas Oil Stadium is cavernous. Almost too much. The field is in a bowl below street level. Entrance to the stadium takes place at the top of the first level. There is no experience whether it's HS or the NFL. It's just a big barn.
Three rivers was the antithesis geometric sight lines. It's sort of like those seats at Fenway that face center field. Lots of twisting and turning to see little action, far away.
I'm no help because I've only been in one modern stadium, and I don't care for it. And it cost $1B and we just finished paying off the Hoosier Dome.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login