Skip to content

New Stadium in the Suburbs or Stadium Renovation

The Browns Board
22 12 950 1
  • I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

  • I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

    If they build an indoor stadium, they can hold a lot more events. 

    As someone who had season tickets for 18 years, the elements are way overrated IMO. Sure it’s nice to be outside in September and October, but give me climate control, all day long, in December and January.
     

    when the team was bad, I couldn’t give the tickets away when the weather sucked at the end of the year. 

  • I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

    I'm dating myself, but wasn't that the intention of the Gateway Project? My grandparents took me to Gund Arena before we went to an Indians' game at Jacob's Field. I recall there was a mall connected to Gund Arena.

    I know indoor malls aren't what they were in the 20th Century, but is it still there?

    My guess is restaurants, shopping, multi-plex cinemas, Topgolf, breweries, events venues, etc.

  • A AP1

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

    I'm dating myself, but wasn't that the intention of the Gateway Project? My grandparents took me to Gund Arena before we went to an Indians' game at Jacob's Field. I recall there was a mall connected to Gund Arena.

    I know indoor malls aren't what they were in the 20th Century, but is it still there?

    My guess is restaurants, shopping, multi-plex cinemas, Topgolf, breweries, events venues, etc.

    @ap1 said:

    I'm dating myself, but wasn't that the intention of the Gateway Project? My grandparents took me to Gund Arena before we went to an Indians' game at Jacob's Field. I recall there was a mall connected to Gund Arena.

    I know indoor malls aren't what they were in the 20th Century, but is it still there?

    My guess is restaurants, shopping, multi-plex cinemas, Topgolf, breweries, events venues, etc.

    Well there's bars and restaurants all around the Gateway area within walking distance...

    This ballpark village would be more of building an entertainment area out of nothing. Like how Atlanta did with their new ballpark Truist Park out in the suburbs. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I would imagine they would build some kind of "ballpark village" around it, like the Patriots did around Foxboro. 

    But I don't quite understand how that works when the stadium you build around only hosts a very small amount of events there...

    If they build an indoor stadium, they can hold a lot more events. 

    As someone who had season tickets for 18 years, the elements are way overrated IMO. Sure it’s nice to be outside in September and October, but give me climate control, all day long, in December and January.
     

    when the team was bad, I couldn’t give the tickets away when the weather sucked at the end of the year. 

    @browns149 said:

    If they build an indoor stadium, they can hold a lot more events. 

    As a proponent of an outdoor stadium, here are biggest upsides of an indoor stadium:

    Big 10 Football Championship Game

    MAC Football Championship Game 

    College Football National Championship Game

    Super Bowl

    Big 10 Men's Basketball Conference Tournament 

    College Basketball Final Four

    Big 10 Wrestling Tournament 

    NCAA Wrestling National Championship 

    USA Wrestling National Championships

    USA Wrestling World Team Trials

    Wrestling World Championships

    USA Swimming National Championship 

    Swimming World Championships

    USA Swimming Olympic Trials

    Monster Jam, which in a football stadium is awesome compared to the smaller footprint of a basketball arena

    Conventions and Trade Shows

    Concerts in the winter and spring

  • So I take it nobody saw the effect the wind had on Tyler Bass' heartbreaking field goal in the divisional game and you still want to play in the elements?

    At the very least, every team should have a retractable roof so you can have options, especially teams that play by the lake. It does not make sense to have a pure outdoor stadium on the shores of Lake Erie when the technology exists.

  • They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down.  It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down.  It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.

    What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.

  • N Neo

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down.  It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.

    What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.

    @neo said:

    What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.

    The article states:     Formerly the site of two Ford Motor Company plants, and next to a third Ford plant that remains active,

  • N Neo

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    They are talking about the Ford Plant location that was ripped down.  It's very close to the Airport (less than a mile) so it would be a good location for development.

    What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.

    @neo said:

    What Ford plant are you referring to? The only Ford plants I know of around the Cleveland area are the ones in Avon Lake and the engine plant in Brook Park.

    Brookpark.Cleveland Hopkins International Airport - Google Maps to the right of the airport between Snow Rd. and Brookpark Rd.

  • No brainer. Real grass and retractable roof! It is becoming the standard in both Footballs across the globe.  

  • How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them? 

  • How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them? 

    I'm pretty green. I've been to Three Rivers, the Hoosier Dome, Municipal Stadium and Lucas Oil Stadium.

    My opinion isn't desirable. 

    To me, Municipal Stadium was like walking on the streets of gold. I know, I know. Buy to a boy whose universe revolved around the Browns, it was the place where my heroes played and where Legends lived forever. 

    The Hoosier Dome was great because it was LOUD...couldn't even hear yourself think loud in the late 90's and 2000s. 

    Lucas Oil Stadium is cavernous. Almost too much. The field is in a bowl below street level. Entrance to the stadium takes place at the top of the first level. There is no experience whether it's HS or the NFL. It's just a big barn.

    Three rivers was the antithesis geometric sight lines. It's sort of like those seats at Fenway that face center field. Lots of twisting and turning to see little action, far away.

    I'm no help because I've only been in one modern stadium, and I don't care for it. And it cost $1B and we just finished paying off the Hoosier Dome.

  • "If they build it, I will come."-"Snowshoeless" Ag

  • How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    How many of you have been to other NFL stadiums, and how does Cleveland Browns Stadium compare to them? 

    One thing  for sure  we get to see many of the. 32 NFL Football Stadiums  however each week on our home  43"  55"  and larger  super TV sets to get an idea on what else is out there across the  good ol'  USA ......  from Green Bay to Seattle to  LA  to Jerry World, TX  to  everywhere else !

    ▪︎-->  Now it's so   VERY TRUE   you can get a really  outstanding  feel unlike any TV show by being there from the parking lots to having your  butt in the seats. <--▪︎

    This NFL experience runs every regular season  ● from September to February  on every  Thursday,  Saturday, SUNDAY  or Monday ●

    ●~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~●

    One other way you can compare the  Cleveland Browns Stadium is to read and watch other opinions.  For example :

    ● Ranking NFL stadiums 2023: Best and worst  30  stadiums in NFL  from  SPORTSNAUT   

     27. Cincinnati  23. Cleveland  19. Pittsburgh  (previously 16.)  16. Baltimore.     Note all open air stadiums in bottom half of the 30.

    ■   I EMAILED THIS OUT TODAY,  SATURDAY 2/10/2024  TO FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS.■

    H guy. and gal,  Saturday,  February  10,  2024,  11:4 am    ▪︎-->  SEND  ▪︎->  12:14 pm  ▪︎>  gone-zo !  -->  bye
    
    27. Cincinnati  23.  Cleveland  19. Pittsburgh  (prev. 16.)  16. Baltimore.   All in the bottom half,  all open air.   From mjp.
    
    https://sportsnaut.com/ranking-nfl-stadiums-best-worst/