Skip to content

Screens, Slants, and Posts

The Browns Board
14 10 1.3k
  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @inspecta said:

    Let Quinn make those 5, 7 step drops and let it go. I think we can burn them all day long.

    yeah because the QB is awesome at going deep, right?

    oh wait, we're talking about Quinn.

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @inspecta said:

    Well with the Denver secondary banged up instead of the quick slant I would like to see us take a lot more shots down field. Send 4 out in routes and leave Vickers in to help with any blitz that might come. Let Quinn make those 5, 7 step drops and let it go. I think we can burn them all day long. Then when they play off the ball we can run the draw with Harrison (I hate Lewis running draws, he can't get speed fast enough)

    You can't take those shots down field if DEN plays deep coverage. If I am DEN and my CBs are banged up, I'd be playing cover 3 or cover 4 all day to keep the WR in front of my CBs. If DEN CB are truly banged up, they aren't going to be leaving them in man to man islands much, especially not Edwards.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I'm looking for Rob'ski and Furrey to get in there and run with the immediate passes.

    Go ahead and double cover Edwards.

    Make the Browns' day.

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #7

    All this talk about our passing game this week leads me to beleive were gonna run the ball twice as much as last week.

    Whatever you think makes sense, expect the opposite. Harrison would thrive with some timely screens.

    Cribbs will be our decoy this gm.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #8

    What they need to do is let furrey play

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by Lumbergh
    #9

    @inspecta said:

    With Dawkins and Champ out it's gonna make a huge difference.

    They both practiced yesterday.

    "Full participation"

    http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=350

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @inspecta said:

    Oh well no worries, champ was on the field for the denver game last year and it didn't stop Quinn from going up and down the field on them....

    No, Bailey didn't play in the game last year.

  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #11

    BE will decide if Bailey is a factor in this game or not. Not Quinn.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I hope Champ does play, it will be to our advantage. who are they going to put him on Cribbs or BE?

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'm kinda hoping for some more running plays. Right up the middle vs their banged up safety's. I want to see if Davis has the juice to be an in between the tackles tough guy or not. I know jamal can.. I hope his neck is good, cuz I expect to see a lot of that. If we make them honor the run.. the passes will be there.

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #14

    By the way, I have no problem using the short passes and to set up the long ones. Quinn likes quick hitters. Mangini likes safe ball control. To hell with these "you have to go deep to be successful" thoughts. Play to their strength, the D will have to adjust, and then burn them longer. Don't try to be something we're not.