Weekly Friday Observations
-
@inspecta said:
How about that huge solar flare in 2012, when the Mayan calender ends and thus killing all life on earth. There's a movie coming out about it. Anybody see the commercial for this flick? They set it up like a public service announcement talking about the Center for Human Continuity, and how there's gonna be a lottery to see who gets to survive and who doesn't. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a rash of rednecks flipping out when they saw it. It just screamed War of the Worlds to me.If we do get that 2000 ft tsunami on the east coast I'm f*cked in the ass fo' real. I live literally 5 minutes from the atlantic ocean. I don't think my minivan can drive that fast....
The scariest thing about the Tsunami one, is that its the most likely to happen sooner..... Its rediculous.. the problem is that there is a huge mountain rock shelf on the coast of africa with a volcano on the other side. The shelf is a part of the volcano, problem is, seprating the shelf rock and the volcano rock is an river that runs between the plates, the magma underground heats up the layer of water causing it to expand and pushes the shelf off into the ocean, thus causing everyone in new york and along the coast to die
scary shit
The Yellowstone supervolcano isn't anything to mess around with either though as it has already started depressing and seismic activity in the area is on a steady incline.
The solar flares will happen in 2012 (just as every astronomical activity the calendar has predicted) but I dont believe it will harm us neccesarily, we will just be exposed to excess radiation, which will cause slight mutations in our genes allowing us to access more of our minds
Im not making this shit up, you people need to watch the discovery channel, hurricane katrina was a direct effect from us nearing 2012, the increase in solar activity is screwing with the weather patterns
-
Zombo said:
Not sure about guys wanting to be him. I wouldn't want to be that short, wear that hairdo, or be able to dance that well.But I would have relished the Roadhouse role.
Zombo
--good call on Eva, three weeks in a row with a dickless chick
Well, I think that was the point about him. He could play a hardass tough guy role like Roadhouse and a few others; a romantic lead as in Ghost or Dirty Dancing (ain't nothing wrong with dancing good if it gets you chicks); an action character like in Point Break; even a drag queen like in the Julie Newmar movie....he sure as hell looked better in drag than Wesley Snipes did. You can't forget the bit on SNL with him and Chris Farley "trying out" for the Chippendales....so he could be very comedic. He could be heroic like in Red Dawn. A lot of pretty good stuff.
-
2012 will come and go just like the year 2000 came and went. A lot of people have misinterpreted the Myans or assume that because the calendar ends the world will end. I've been trying to find the link to this site that explained why they stopped but I can't find it and for the life of me I can't remember the reason. I do recall that the reason just made the whole speculation of the world ending because their calendar ends just completely stupid. But it gives something like the History Channel something to dedicate a week too. I think humans are what will destroy life on Earth via nuclear holocaust. I hope I'm wrong.
-

Here is La Palma, doesn't look that big from satellite, but just think of the landslide that occurred at Mt. St. Helen's, and imagine that 3000 feet of earth sliding into the ocean. It would make the tsunami that hit Indonesia a few years back look like a drop in a bucket.
-
@inspecta said:
Well shit, the way you make it sound we'll all turn into X-men in 2012. I can get down with that.Anybody know how long it would take a tsunami to cross the atlantic once that shelf drops in the ocean?
I'm not sure but that would be wild to see from the air.
-
@inspecta said:
Well shit, the way you make it sound we'll all turn into X-men in 2012. I can get down with that.Anybody know how long it would take a tsunami to cross the atlantic once that shelf drops in the ocean?
A Tsunami like that would travel at about 500 mph, so it would only take 4-6 hours to hit Miami or Wash. D.C., NYC etc. Certainly not enough time to evacuate beyond the Appalachians.
-
@inspecta said:
I would love to hear the reason why they stopped their calender. I know Nostradamus predicted stuff all the way up to the year 3000 or some shit.God said the end would come like a thief in the night, so it's unlikely it will come on one prescribed date. Speaking of which, I know this solar flare is supposed to occur in 2012, but does anybody have a specific date?
December 21, I think? I know that's the date everyone points out as being the end of the world. 12/21/12
-
The calendar, is technically only a half calendar to be used twice, the end of the calendar is supposed to signify the halfway point in the suns lifecycle when it is most active (in a radioactive sense, i.e. solar flares, sun spots etc.)
-
@inspecta said:
I would love to hear the reason why they stopped their calender. I know Nostradamus predicted stuff all the way up to the year 3000 or some shit.God said the end would come like a thief in the night, so it's unlikely it will come on one prescribed date. Speaking of which, I know this solar flare is supposed to occur in 2012, but does anybody have a specific date?
I am not sure that it is supposed to be a solar flare. What it is is the alignment of our sun with the middle of the Milky Way, plus a certain alignment of the planets. They say it is possible that the earth could rotate on its axis, which apparently it has done in the past. In other words, the current north and south poles would be switched so that they would line up along a new equator, and the north and south poles would then become where the current equator meets the prime meridian (somewhere off the coast of West Africa) and where the current equator crosses the international date line. (near Kiribati in the Pacific). The action of that rotation of the planet would rend apart the tectonic plates that make up the earth's crust and of course cause massive earthquakes and ice cap melting. The new equator would dissect Antarctica.
Oddly, the location of NE Ohio would not change drastically vis a vis the poles and the equator. The location that would be at the intersection of the 45th parallel and the 90th meridian would not have their "weather" change much.
That location is a place called Poniatowski, Wisconsin, which is just outside of Wausau (not far from Green Bay). And we are not that far from there.
-
@inspecta said:
I would love to hear the reason why they stopped their calender. I know Nostradamus predicted stuff all the way up to the year 3000 or some shit.God said the end would come like a thief in the night, so it's unlikely it will come on one prescribed date. Speaking of which, I know this solar flare is supposed to occur in 2012, but does anybody have a specific date?
The world is ending in 2012, we are all going to die! No more Brady Quinn! No more Inspecta fat ass rapping on Youtube. Shit, maybe it won't be so bad after all.
-
@inspecta said:
Don't kid yourself. I'll be rapping' for all eternity. In fact when you get thrown into the lake of fire the speakers will be blasting my rap songs, and you'll have to listen to me rap for all eternity....Muahhahahahahah!!!!!C'mon Diehard, i'm sure you can come up with some original fat jokes about me.....think hard....
Or hey, I know. Why don't you grow a sack and post a picture of yourself online here. I'm sure your a dreamy hunk just like our starting QB. Nothing to hide eh there batshit crazy dude?
Is it possible for you to be any weirder, or more of an asshole? Does anybody actually engage you in a real discussion? Have you ever talked real football or do you just drop in to share some of your mental dysfunction then leave to go sniff paint and masturbate to kiddy porn?
Settle down there tubby. Taking crack so early? Or drunk already? Loser.
-
@inspecta said:
I can get to Asheville NC in 5 hours. Give me 6 hours and I'll be well into Tennessee. Plus if there's a tsunami on the way, I'll be driving slightly over the speed limit....If there's a tsunami on the way, you wouldn't make it very far in your vehicle before either getting in an accident or hitting the biggest "traffic jam" in the history of the world.
-
@inspecta said:
Hey grandpa, aren't you supposed to be down at the VA clinic getting your psychotropic meds refilled?Loser? Haha, wow man you really showed me.....how the in the hell do you come up with these witty quips?!?
Maybe you should do some research on the internet on how to insult somebody properly. Right now my non verbal autistic brother has better smack talk skills than you....
Sure thing there tubbo. Sure thing, ROFLMAO.
-
Not an asteroid,volcano,nuclear holocaust,tsunami, sun flare......it will be ol mother nature shaking us off with a good ol' microbe. We are way overdue for a good ol' plague/virus/microorganism. It wont get us all but it'll get half....atleast! Bird flu~ swine flu....MN is trying....it will adapt and become strain resistant at some point...then BAM...the worst will be mankind's reaction after the fact....even more will die! It would be a good book anyway!

-
Not an asteroid,volcano,nuclear holocaust,tsunami, sun flare......it will be ol mother nature shaking us off with a good ol' microbe. We are way overdue for a good ol' plague/virus/microorganism. It wont get us all but it'll get half....atleast! Bird flu~ swine flu....MN is trying....it will adapt and become strain resistant at some point...then BAM...the worst will be mankind's reaction after the fact....even more will die! It would be a good book anyway!

Not an asteroid,volcano,nuclear holocaust,tsunami, sun flare......it will be ol mother nature shaking us off with a good ol' microbe. We are way overdue for a good ol' plague/virus/microorganism. It wont get us all but it'll get half....atleast! Bird flu~ swine flu....MN is trying....it will adapt and become strain resistant at some point...then BAM...the worst will be mankind's reaction after the fact....even more will die! It would be a good book anyway!

I'm always holding out hope for a zombie apocalypse.
-
@inspecta said:
I can get to Asheville NC in 5 hours. Give me 6 hours and I'll be well into Tennessee. Plus if there's a tsunami on the way, I'll be driving slightly over the speed limit....I doubt it because the entire population of the East Coast will be having the same idea as you, and the Interstates will be one massive parking lot. Better to be in a plane or a helicopter....or get into a boat and head out to see TOWARD the Tsunami. A number of miles off shore the Tsunami would perhaps be a massive wave, but you might be able to ridge the crest. If you are near the shore or on land, you may as well just put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.
-
Not an asteroid,volcano,nuclear holocaust,tsunami, sun flare......it will be ol mother nature shaking us off with a good ol' microbe. We are way overdue for a good ol' plague/virus/microorganism. It wont get us all but it'll get half....atleast! Bird flu~ swine flu....MN is trying....it will adapt and become strain resistant at some point...then BAM...the worst will be mankind's reaction after the fact....even more will die! It would be a good book anyway!

Not an asteroid,volcano,nuclear holocaust,tsunami, sun flare......it will be ol mother nature shaking us off with a good ol' microbe. We are way overdue for a good ol' plague/virus/microorganism. It wont get us all but it'll get half....atleast! Bird flu~ swine flu....MN is trying....it will adapt and become strain resistant at some point...then BAM...the worst will be mankind's reaction after the fact....even more will die! It would be a good book anyway!

Are you saying that nature will simply "cull" out the human race? That sort of thing has certainly happened before. Speaking of the Mayans, when the Spaniards landed in what is Mexico today there were millions of Mayans. With the disease the Spanish brought with them, in not so many years the Mayan population was down to a few thousands.
The Mayans had all those cities that are now just ruins in the jungle..
Don't forget the Black Death which wiped out about 1/3rd of the population of Europe.
-

Zombo's idealized version of Patrick Swazey?
-
Actually theres this website called www.cracked.com they wright comedic lists and articles that are hillarious, yet actually have scientific proof behind what they write. My favorite article is http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-sci...lly-happen.html it explains 5 ways a zombie apocalypse could actually happen, due to parasites, neurotoxins, nanobots etc.write
anyway, I just wanted to throw out that im effin dreamy, just like BQ and I's have no problem posting a picture of myself
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login