2024 Important Dates
-
Rumor is that the Browns are going on the road to start the season vs the Eagles....
Waaaay on the road... in Brazil.
-
Rumor is that the Browns are going on the road to start the season vs the Eagles....
Waaaay on the road... in Brazil.
Rumor is that the Browns are going on the road to start the season vs the Eagles....
Waaaay on the road... in Brazil.
Are the NFL's New Jersey Generals still playing there? They had an owner that threatened to put the NFL out of business about 35-40 years ago. Today, that guy is selling gold high top sneakers as a fund raiser to help pay for his fraud charges while the NFL continues to get wealthier. Maybe Cal can share a selfie or 2 in his new sneakers to show us how adorable they look.
-
Feb. 27-March 4: NFL scouting combine, Indianapolis
Here's the schedule for the 2024 NFL Combine:
Tuesday, February 27th:
- NFL coaches and general managers will be available to the media between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 28th:
- Defensive line (edge) draft prospects will meet with the media from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Linebacker draft prospects will meet with the media from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Defensive line (interior) draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Remaining NFL coaches and general managers who didn't meet with the media on Tuesday will meet with them on Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 29th:
- Defensive back (safeties) draft prospects will meet with the media from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Tight End draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Defensive back (cornerbacks) draft prospects will meet with the media from 11 a.m. - noon
- Defensive linemen and Linebackers will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 3 p.m on NFL Network
Friday, March 1:
- Quarterback draft prospects and wide receiver draft prospects will meet with the media between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Running back draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Defensive backs and Tight Ends will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 3 p.m on NFL Network
Saturday, March 2:
- Offensive line and kicking prospects will meet with the media between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, and Running Backs prospects will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 1 p.m. on NFL Network
Sunday, March 3:
- Offensive Line prospects will go through physical testing beginning at 1 p.m. on NFL Network
Here's the schedule for the 2024 NFL Combine:
Tuesday, February 27th:
- NFL coaches and general managers will be available to the media between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 28th:
- Defensive line (edge) draft prospects will meet with the media from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Linebacker draft prospects will meet with the media from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Defensive line (interior) draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Remaining NFL coaches and general managers who didn't meet with the media on Tuesday will meet with them on Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 29th:
- Defensive back (safeties) draft prospects will meet with the media from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Tight End draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Defensive back (cornerbacks) draft prospects will meet with the media from 11 a.m. - noon
- Defensive linemen and Linebackers will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 3 p.m on NFL Network
Friday, March 1:
- Quarterback draft prospects and wide receiver draft prospects will meet with the media between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Running back draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Defensive backs and Tight Ends will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 3 p.m on NFL Network
Saturday, March 2:
- Offensive line and kicking prospects will meet with the media between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, and Running Backs prospects will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 1 p.m. on NFL Network
Sunday, March 3:
- Offensive Line prospects will go through physical testing beginning at 1 p.m. on NFL Network
Well done - thanks Gumbs! This question is for anyone that wants to answer it. Who are the guys or position groups that interest you the most? Since I usually wait for the Draft Mags to familiarize myself with the names and ranks of prospects I'll say OL, Safety, LB, WR (and hope FA/trades help other areas - ie: Berry did a nice job with this for DL last year before drafting a couple in rounds 3 and 4). The Combines are always a great lead into the information I see in the mags. Online stuff looks helpful to those of you already looking into it all. There's just some old school habits I never kick; and football mags are one of them. Having said that, if anyone has any football/draft sites to recommend to our fans in here - that'll be greatly appreciated!
-
Rumor is that the Browns are going on the road to start the season vs the Eagles....
Waaaay on the road... in Brazil.
Are the NFL's New Jersey Generals still playing there? They had an owner that threatened to put the NFL out of business about 35-40 years ago. Today, that guy is selling gold high top sneakers as a fund raiser to help pay for his fraud charges while the NFL continues to get wealthier. Maybe Cal can share a selfie or 2 in his new sneakers to show us how adorable they look.
Are the NFL's New Jersey Generals still playing there? They had an owner that threatened to put the NFL out of business about 35-40 years ago. Today, that guy is selling gold high top sneakers as a fund raiser to help pay for his fraud charges while the NFL continues to get wealthier. Maybe Cal can share a selfie or 2 in his new sneakers to show us how adorable they look.
Air Treasons?
-
Are the NFL's New Jersey Generals still playing there? They had an owner that threatened to put the NFL out of business about 35-40 years ago. Today, that guy is selling gold high top sneakers as a fund raiser to help pay for his fraud charges while the NFL continues to get wealthier. Maybe Cal can share a selfie or 2 in his new sneakers to show us how adorable they look.
Air Treasons?
Air Treasons?
-
Here's the schedule for the 2024 NFL Combine:
Tuesday, February 27th:
- NFL coaches and general managers will be available to the media between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 28th:
- Defensive line (edge) draft prospects will meet with the media from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Linebacker draft prospects will meet with the media from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Defensive line (interior) draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Remaining NFL coaches and general managers who didn't meet with the media on Tuesday will meet with them on Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 29th:
- Defensive back (safeties) draft prospects will meet with the media from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Tight End draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Defensive back (cornerbacks) draft prospects will meet with the media from 11 a.m. - noon
- Defensive linemen and Linebackers will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 3 p.m on NFL Network
Friday, March 1:
- Quarterback draft prospects and wide receiver draft prospects will meet with the media between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Running back draft prospects will meet with the media from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Defensive backs and Tight Ends will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 3 p.m on NFL Network
Saturday, March 2:
- Offensive line and kicking prospects will meet with the media between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, and Running Backs prospects will go through physical testing at Lucas Oil Stadium beginning at 1 p.m. on NFL Network
Sunday, March 3:
- Offensive Line prospects will go through physical testing beginning at 1 p.m. on NFL Network
Well done - thanks Gumbs! This question is for anyone that wants to answer it. Who are the guys or position groups that interest you the most? Since I usually wait for the Draft Mags to familiarize myself with the names and ranks of prospects I'll say OL, Safety, LB, WR (and hope FA/trades help other areas - ie: Berry did a nice job with this for DL last year before drafting a couple in rounds 3 and 4). The Combines are always a great lead into the information I see in the mags. Online stuff looks helpful to those of you already looking into it all. There's just some old school habits I never kick; and football mags are one of them. Having said that, if anyone has any football/draft sites to recommend to our fans in here - that'll be greatly appreciated!
There's just some old school habits I never kick; and football mags are one of them. Having said that, if anyone has any football/draft sites to recommend to our fans in here - that'll be greatly appreciated!
crazy working hours. little spare time, so in short,
Waltersfootball nicely updated their site of popups. The Draft Network site, ruined it's site by non-escaping video, to not load any article or player scouting reports
paid little, web scouting ? (slim at best)
stroll to bottom here. click on player https://steelersdepot.com/2024/02/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-florida-state-edge-jared-verse/
Bleacher... draft https://bleacherreport.com/nfl-draft compare player scouting https://bleacherreport.com/nfl-scouting-department-hub
trend---Players that use to fall to pick 50's, have seemed to slide up bunching up around the 40's
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2024/consensus-big-board-2024 (so called consensus, combining several Mock slots) click team for Browns info
approaching underwear Olympics results, should have about 40 player panties going in the 1st round soon
... Later folks !
-
In my early 20's I was a huge Street&Smiths fan... I was really big on following stats and numbers back then. They had a great format with the way they put charts and info together in a concise easy to read format.. And the stories and interviews were great! Incidentally... I found this old gem in my art portofolio.. How it wound up there.. I have no clue lol!
-
In my early 20's I was a huge Street&Smiths fan... I was really big on following stats and numbers back then. They had a great format with the way they put charts and info together in a concise easy to read format.. And the stories and interviews were great! Incidentally... I found this old gem in my art portofolio.. How it wound up there.. I have no clue lol!
In my early 20's I was a huge Street&Smiths fan... I was really big on following stats and numbers back then. They had a great format with the way they put charts and info together in a concise easy to read format..
Me too Nicks! That gave me such an awesome 1st impression that I still buy football magazines today.
-
30 years ago, at the height of SportsCenter kid-dom, I knew most players on the board and everyone drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
Today, I couldn't name 2 or 3 players from my favorite college team in the draft.
30 years ago, at the height of SportsCenter kid-dom, I knew most players on the board and everyone drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
Today, I couldn't name 2 or 3 players from my favorite college team in the draft.
Today, I forget names of players in college and pro a lot more than I used to. Some of that is because I'm about to turn 60; but most of it is I don't spend nearly as much time as I used on the same things. Aside from that, I don't remember losing multiple starters in the active roster from week to week back in the 80s, 90s and even early on in the new millennium. It used to be this is the roster and these are the situational rotation guys when the rules kept the physics safer and the injuries reduced. Just my perception of it all fwiw.
-
30 years ago, at the height of SportsCenter kid-dom, I knew most players on the board and everyone drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
Today, I couldn't name 2 or 3 players from my favorite college team in the draft.
-
30 years ago, at the height of SportsCenter kid-dom, I knew most players on the board and everyone drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
Today, I couldn't name 2 or 3 players from my favorite college team in the draft.
Today, I forget names of players in college and pro a lot more than I used to. Some of that is because I'm about to turn 60; but most of it is I don't spend nearly as much time as I used on the same things. Aside from that, I don't remember losing multiple starters in the active roster from week to week back in the 80s, 90s and even early on in the new millennium. It used to be this is the roster and these are the situational rotation guys when the rules kept the physics safer and the injuries reduced. Just my perception of it all fwiw.
Today, I forget names of players in college and pro a lot more than I used to. Some of that is because I'm about to turn 60; but most of it is I don't spend nearly as much time as I used on the same things. Aside from that, I don't remember losing multiple starters in the active roster from week to week back in the 80s, 90s and even early on in the new millennium. It used to be this is the roster and these are the situational rotation guys when the rules kept the physics safer and the injuries reduced. Just my perception of it all fwiw.
You and I are crossing that same geriatric threshold.. For me these days its lack of patience and short term focus... There are just more important things to focus on in the grand scheme of things and all the things with current events going on in the world... But I can still appreciate seeing someone like Amari Cooper who give his all.. And admire for him for his hard work and dedication.. There's beauty in that... Or even a guy whose not on your football team... An anomoly like Lamar Jackson.. Who despite the team he plays on.. I can appreciate his dedication to his craft.. He's a good kid who works hard.. And isn't making any headlines off the field.
-
30 years ago, at the height of SportsCenter kid-dom, I knew most players on the board and everyone drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
Today, I couldn't name 2 or 3 players from my favorite college team in the draft.
-
30 years ago, at the height of SportsCenter kid-dom, I knew most players on the board and everyone drafted in the first 4-5 rounds.
Today, I couldn't name 2 or 3 players from my favorite college team in the draft.
Today, I forget names of players in college and pro a lot more than I used to. Some of that is because I'm about to turn 60; but most of it is I don't spend nearly as much time as I used on the same things. Aside from that, I don't remember losing multiple starters in the active roster from week to week back in the 80s, 90s and even early on in the new millennium. It used to be this is the roster and these are the situational rotation guys when the rules kept the physics safer and the injuries reduced. Just my perception of it all fwiw.
Aside from that, I don't remember losing multiple starters in the active roster from week to week back in the 80s, 90s and even early on in the new millennium. It used to be this is the roster and these are the situational rotation guys when the rules kept the physics safer and the injuries reduced. Just my perception of it all fwiw.
It's amazing that all the bitching and griping by the NFLPA about training camp; therefore, virtually no training camp, no contact, and the increased rules favoring player safety and teams have more contact injuries than ever.
And with all of the advancements in sports science and the increase of performance over the last 20 years and non-contact injuries seem to be higher than ever.
-
Aside from that, I don't remember losing multiple starters in the active roster from week to week back in the 80s, 90s and even early on in the new millennium. It used to be this is the roster and these are the situational rotation guys when the rules kept the physics safer and the injuries reduced. Just my perception of it all fwiw.
It's amazing that all the bitching and griping by the NFLPA about training camp; therefore, virtually no training camp, no contact, and the increased rules favoring player safety and teams have more contact injuries than ever.
And with all of the advancements in sports science and the increase of performance over the last 20 years and non-contact injuries seem to be higher than ever.
It's amazing that all the bitching and griping by the NFLPA about training camp; therefore, virtually no training camp, no contact, and the increased rules favoring player safety and teams have more contact injuries than ever.
And with all of the advancements in sports science and the increase of performance over the last 20 years and non-contact injuries seem to be higher than ever.
It's like pitchers not playing full complete games and getting injuries all the time...Repetitions are important...
-
It's amazing that all the bitching and griping by the NFLPA about training camp; therefore, virtually no training camp, no contact, and the increased rules favoring player safety and teams have more contact injuries than ever.
And with all of the advancements in sports science and the increase of performance over the last 20 years and non-contact injuries seem to be higher than ever.
It's like pitchers not playing full complete games and getting injuries all the time...Repetitions are important...
-
And Gibson was known as a flamethrower back in the day, often times exceeding his usual 92-95 mph fastball. Not quite Nolan Ryan 100+ mph, but he usually stayed out there longer if you don't just focus on all of Ryan's two, one and no hitters (total of 37---18,12 and 7 respectively).
-
And Gibson was known as a flamethrower back in the day, often times exceeding his usual 92-95 mph fastball. Not quite Nolan Ryan 100+ mph, but he usually stayed out there longer if you don't just focus on all of Ryan's two, one and no hitters (total of 37---18,12 and 7 respectively).
And Gibson was known as a flamethrower back in the day, often times exceeding his usual 92-95 mph fastball. Not quite Nolan Ryan 100+ mph, but he usually stayed out there longer if you don't just focus on all of Ryan's two, one and no hitters (total of 37---18,12 and 7 respectively).
Yeah but how much of any of that above would have mattered if he wasn't from Texas? Unlike Roger Clemens, no steroids required - so there's no misremembering to play dodgeball with... ?
-
Feb. 20-March 5: Franchise and transition tags
Feb. 27-March 4: NFL scouting combine, Indianapolis
March 11-13: Free agency opens
March 24-27: Annual league meeting, Orlando
April 25-27: NFL Draft, Detroit
May 3-6 or 10-13: Rookie minicamps
May 9: NFL schedule release
Late May-early June: OTAs
Late July: NFL training camps
Aug. 1: Hall of Fame Game, Canton, OH
Sept. 5: 2024 NFL season opens
-
Help for 2024 team improvement will need to come from Free Agency....and trades.
Zac Jackson, The Athletic
Berry-led Browns again figure to be focusing on adding experienced players to the roster in March and the months that follow, April’s draft is also important — even as they have to wait to join the party.
Cleveland is slated to pick at No. 54 in the second round, but in the previous two years, the Browns traded down and started their drafts in the third round. Added WR Elijah Moore over the 42nd pick value of last season & a Jets 3rd round pick.
Even if the Browns think Tillman/Bell may take a big leap. Both Cooper and Moore are in the final year of their current contracts in 2024.
A significant move for a veteran in March seems possible again (pick 54 and if cap money fits), but the Browns still should be looking to add pop to the group via a deep WR draft class.
While several Browns positions of need could also become, Combine tampering diner talks.
ESPN Cleveland Tony Rizzo
Needless to say, that rubbed ESPN Cleveland personality Tony Rizzo the wrong way, as it would be the third time in as many years that they don’t have a pick in the first or second rounds (via ESPN Cleveland).
However, there’s a possibility that they could flip that pick for the right guy, such as, say, Mike Evans/Jerry Jeudy assuming a proven veteran becomes available.
Nonetheless, Rizzo would rather the team have some young players on rookie contracts instead of adding more veterans on big-time deals, and he might be right.
This team is built to compete right now, but championship windows could close drastically and suddenly in professional sports, especially in the NFL.
The front office has done a solid job of putting together a competitive team while still maintaining some salary-cap flexibility, and GM Andrew Berry claimed that will continue to be his approach going forward.
Pre-March Madness in Cleveland... ya got to
it !
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login