Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. DENVER

DENVER

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
35 Posts 29 Posters 3.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • AdaM ?
    • Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #15

    It's worn off for me as well. Until we meet them in the playoffs again that is.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • BrownsFan17 BrownsFan17B
      • 242 Posts
      • 1 Reputation
      BrownsFan17B BrownsFan17 wrote on last edited by
      #16
      My hatred for the Broncos died down when Elway retired however it would give me a little extra joy to win against them vs any other team outside our division.
      <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->I can't help but think that we are destined to go to the playoffs this year!!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
      L 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • BrownsFan17B BrownsFan17
        My hatred for the Broncos died down when Elway retired however it would give me a little extra joy to win against them vs any other team outside our division.
        lemosley01 L
        • 689 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by lemosley01
        #17

        @brownsfan17 said:

        My hatred for the Broncos died down when Elway retired however it would give me a little extra joy to win against them vs any other team outside our division.

        I agree. The rivalry to me was always with the Elway-led Broncos, and when he retired, it just isn't the same. When he was there, there was always a chance to redeem yourself.

        Still, they are low on the list of franchises I would like to see win every season.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
          #18

          My NFL Hate-O-Meter

          1) Steelers

          2) Cincy

          3) Denver

          4) Houston Oilers

          5) The team southeast of us formerly known as the Cleveland Browns

          6) Dallas

          7) Any team from California or Florida

          Karlis Missed
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Gips GipsG
            • 3k Posts
            • 34 Reputation
            GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
            #19

            Very deep scars but time has run its coarse i still hate em but not as bad as i did then....😉

            I will always have a phobia because of elway that when we play them they will always find a way to win in the last minutes/seconds...thanks john!

            We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
              • 64k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
              #20

              To this day, the squealers and dirty filthy lying cheatin cheapshottin ugly rabirds suck so much,

              I refuse to draft ANY of their players in fantasy football.

              No matter what.

              Denver was just a long time ago.

              But the Steelers and stupid ratbirds sucked back then, they suck right now, and they will suck always and forever.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Tobalaz T
                • 543 Posts
                • 4 Reputation
                T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by Tobalaz
                #21

                I really only hate 3 teams.

                1. Ravens, they stole our damn Superbowl.

                2. Denver, the drive and the fumble. It ruined my childhood memories.

                3. Cowboys, I'm sick of them being referred to as "America's Team," what the heck did they do to earn THAT title?

                3 seasons until our new head coach, let's hope they get it right this time.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Mr. T Mr. TM
                  • 7k Posts
                  • 184 Reputation
                  Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                  #22

                  Bob

                  Hates

                  Denver

                  and

                  Mr. ED

                  aka Elway!!

                  - Bob 😆

                  I hate the Steelers & Ratbirds equally!

                  Head or Gut?
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • RestinPeace R
                    • 526 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    R RestinPeace wrote on last edited by
                    #23

                    Nothing worse than the 1987 drive. I was so nervous as a 10 year old, I had to shoot hoops in the driveway just to calm down a little. I came back in when the Browns had just scored the go ahead TD, then the Broncos were backed up at their own 2. The worst of the "drive" came when they hit a long 3rd and 18. I couldn't believe it. I just ran out of the house and didn't look back lol. I didn't need to, I knew what was coming. It was a sad thing really. At that time, the big "snakebitten" Cleveland still hadn't been standardized yet. After that fiasco, the Cleveland Experience was born. Though RR88 was probably the beginning of it. That fiasco was amazing as well.

                    F 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • AZBrowns A
                      • 300 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by
                      #24

                      Yeah it sucked and yeah it upset me as a child, but I let it go a very long time ago. Doesn't mean I don't want the Browns to pound them, I just don't have the hatred for the donkeys that a lot of you do.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • R RestinPeace

                        Nothing worse than the 1987 drive. I was so nervous as a 10 year old, I had to shoot hoops in the driveway just to calm down a little. I came back in when the Browns had just scored the go ahead TD, then the Broncos were backed up at their own 2. The worst of the "drive" came when they hit a long 3rd and 18. I couldn't believe it. I just ran out of the house and didn't look back lol. I didn't need to, I knew what was coming. It was a sad thing really. At that time, the big "snakebitten" Cleveland still hadn't been standardized yet. After that fiasco, the Cleveland Experience was born. Though RR88 was probably the beginning of it. That fiasco was amazing as well.

                        FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                        #25

                        @restinpeace said:

                        I couldn't believe it. I just ran out of the house and didn't look back lol. I didn't need to, I knew what was coming. It was a sad thing really. At that time, the big "snakebitten" Cleveland still hadn't been standardized yet. After that fiasco, the Cleveland Experience was born. Though RR88 was probably the beginning of it. That fiasco was amazing as well.

                        No... snakebit sooner than that, in 1969 the Browns just MALLED the Cowboys forthe Eastern Conference Title game 38-14 then went to Minn on Jan 4 1970 and lost the NFL championship to Joe Kapp and the Vikes. talk about sadness in my life... I was around 10 years old then. It all seemed so normal to expect the big game loss - I would never say choke... BTW- I left my house during the 3rd Q last Sunday right before Petersons monster 64 yd TD 🙁

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                          @razor1414 said:

                          the broncos ruined my childhood. 86,87,89 i was 6, 7, and 9 years old.

                          I was in college and on the 'Fumble' I was at a party in a packed house. We celebrated for several minutes, piled on right in the living room before we realized he had fumbled ...

                          I cringed at the sight of ole Horse Teeth for years. I give respect to Qb's who can put together long drives to win games though, and gave USC's young QB credit in that Win last Saturday for doing the same. (but Big Ben got lucky last season)

                          I grew up remembersing the old Orange Crush, who rolled the Raiders back in 1977 AFC Championship game as I sat watching in my Oakland Raider cowboy hat.

                          Old Dawg Old DawgO
                          • 76 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          Old DawgO Old Dawg wrote on last edited by
                          #26

                          @atenears said:

                          I was in college and on the 'Fumble' I was at a party in a packed house. We celebrated for several minutes, piled on right in the living room before we realized he had fumbled ...

                          I cringed at the sight of ole Horse Teeth for years. I give respect to Qb's who can put together long drives to win games though, and gave USC's young QB credit in that Win last Saturday for doing the same. (but Big Gay Ben got lucky last season)

                          I grew up remembersing the old Orange Crush, who rolled the Raiders back in 1977 AFC Championship game as I sat watching in my Oakland Raider cowboy hat.

                          In my opinion it was just as much the fact that the prevent defense and anything more that a minute + on the clock and any decent QB will typically hurt you. We were the better team! The only thing that I can say at this point in time is that "Ol' Horse teeth" is lookin real old these days. I mean REAL OLD! I mean glue factory OLD!!! Go Browns!!!!!!!!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • damajuki D
                            • 475 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                            #27

                            I hate Denver and the Broncos, since the '80s losses and forever.

                            I hate that they wear one of our colors and they do so badly. The original uni's sucked and the new ones suck worse.

                            I hate that damn stripe.

                            I hate John Elway.

                            I want to destroy them tomorrow, for the past and for this season.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ndneighbor N
                              • 250 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              N ndneighbor wrote on last edited by
                              #28

                              Scars? Yes.

                              I did my share of waiting and suffering as a child and teenager. As a rather young adult at the time I had high expectations of those 80's Browns.

                              It's too late to change now. It's already burned into my DNA. Outside of the AFC North division, there is no team I'd rather see the Browns beat in a big way.

                              I don't care how many times their roster has turned over since then. I'll still enjoy seeing Denver on the short end of the stick.

                              P.S.

                              I think hiwaygal's favorite term for the lot of us is "Goobers" rather than nimrods. Maybe she just likes chocolate covered peanuts. 😛

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Born2Blitz Born2BlitzB
                                • 34 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                Born2BlitzB Born2Blitz wrote on last edited by
                                #29

                                I just want another shot at them in the AFC Championship.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                                  #30

                                  Lately its been people within the Browns organization that have my bullseye.

                                  When Belechik benched Kosar the worm began to turn. Since then there has only been sadness with breif moments of joy, but all the scars will freshen once we see the better half of.500 and approach important matchups with are enemies such as Denver and the Steelers.

                                  guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 9k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                    #31

                                    I don't hold grudges against any team really.

                                    I pretty much dislike all of them equally....or more on point, the Browns are the only pro team I root for and feel bad or mad when they lose.

                                    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 3k Posts
                                      • 127 Reputation
                                      Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                                      #32

                                      Hate List Rankings:

                                      1) Pittspile

                                      2) Pittspuke

                                      3) Baltiwhore

                                      4) Cincituck

                                      5) Cowpies

                                      6) Donkeys

                                      7) Houston Oilers--yes I still hate them

                                      😎 The Al-Zheimers Bunch

                                      9) Yinzers

                                      10) Hoodies Heros

                                      Is a pig's ass pork?
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                                        I know Bob hates Denver with a passion, but myself, I think the old AFC Championship losses to old Horse teeth has worn off with me. The Bronco's don't get my blood pumping as they use to, they are almost average on my radar.

                                        I guess winning out there in their house would mean something, but curious how many who were big Browns fans through the 80's still have deep scars?

                                        DumAssWhiteGuy DumAssWhiteGuyD
                                        • 155 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        DumAssWhiteGuyD DumAssWhiteGuy wrote on last edited by
                                        #33

                                        @atenears said:

                                        I know Bob hates Denver with a passion, but myself, I think the old AFC Championship losses to old Horse teeth has worn off with me. The Bronco's don't get my blood pumping as they use to, they are almost average on my radar.

                                        I guess winning out there in their house would mean something, but curious how many who were big Browns fans through the 80's still have deep scars?

                                        Every time I see Elway on TV in a commercial or whatever I still get the sudden urge to kick his teeth in!

                                        I always thought the Browns of the mid to late 80's was the best team not to make the Superbowl and thought they could won at least one if not two of those three Superbowls the Broncos were blown out in.

                                        D.A.W.G. or AKA Ignorantly-backsided caucasian
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                                          I know Bob hates Denver with a passion, but myself, I think the old AFC Championship losses to old Horse teeth has worn off with me. The Bronco's don't get my blood pumping as they use to, they are almost average on my radar.

                                          I guess winning out there in their house would mean something, but curious how many who were big Browns fans through the 80's still have deep scars?

                                          sisky fringo sisky fringoS
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 96 Reputation
                                          sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
                                          #34

                                          @atenears said:

                                          ...curious how many who were big Browns fans through the 80's still have deep scars?

                                          i sure as eff still do. gets me up like AFCN games. and Dallas would be sixth.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate