Skip to content

▪︎ The Denver Broncos have reportedly traded receiver Jerry Jeudy to the Cleveland Browns, for 5th, 6th rd picks.

The Browns Board
80 20 3.4k
  • Well look here, it's Ruh-Tard Tourette's Cal! 

    My goodness, the inferiority complex on that one. 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well look here, it's Ruh-Tard Tourette's Cal! 

    My goodness, the inferiority complex on that one. 

    You ever wonder if certain people are really that stupid, or do they do it just to piss you off?

  • N Neo

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well look here, it's Ruh-Tard Tourette's Cal! 

    My goodness, the inferiority complex on that one. 

    You ever wonder if certain people are really that stupid, or do they do it just to piss you off?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @neo said:

    You ever wonder if certain people are really that stupid, or do they do it just to piss you off?

    I would never underestimate Comrade Cal's stupidity. 

  • AxeA Axe

    @tiamat63 said:

    The same Baker that Tampa and himself are (rumored) to be at an impasse in terms of $ per year?   With Mayfield believing he's worth A LOT more than the Bucs are willing to pay.    Should be interesting to see how that shakes out.

    One last quote response because I am both a Bucs and Browns fan.

    Baker agreed today to a 3 yr 100 mil, 50 mil guaranteed contract which in essence makes it a 2 two yr deal. The Bucs will not pay him $40 mil in 2026

    Why? because Mayfield and Johnny football are the same guy, living off the coat tails of one Mr Mike Evans. Without Evans, Manziel doesn't win his Heisman and go on to CFL fame and Mayfield 's career does not get resurrected in Tampa..

    Mike Evans will enter the HOF.

    Manzeil and Mayfield will not without a ticket

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @axe said:

    One last quote response because I am both a Bucs and Browns fan.

    Baker agreed today to a 3 yr 100 mil, 50 mil guaranteed contract which in essence makes it a 2 two yr deal. The Bucs will not pay him $40 mil in 2026

    Why? because Mayfield and Johnny football are the same guy, living off the coat tails of one Mr Mike Evans. Without Evans, Manziel doesn't win his Heisman and go on to CFL fame and Mayfield 's career does not get resurrected in Tampa..

    Mike Evans will enter the HOF.

    Manzeil and Mayfield will not without a ticket

     I can't be that harsh with Baker.  He isn't living off the coattails of Evans, Johnny clearly did.   However Mike makes Bakers life a bit easier and, by no coincidence, the mistakes that plague him, a lot more minimized.    Mikey is a HoFer in my mind, just a high ceiling and consistent performer his entire career. 

  • @axe said:

    One last quote response because I am both a Bucs and Browns fan.

    Baker agreed today to a 3 yr 100 mil, 50 mil guaranteed contract which in essence makes it a 2 two yr deal. The Bucs will not pay him $40 mil in 2026

    Why? because Mayfield and Johnny football are the same guy, living off the coat tails of one Mr Mike Evans. Without Evans, Manziel doesn't win his Heisman and go on to CFL fame and Mayfield 's career does not get resurrected in Tampa..

    Mike Evans will enter the HOF.

    Manzeil and Mayfield will not without a ticket

     I can't be that harsh with Baker.  He isn't living off the coattails of Evans, Johnny clearly did.   However Mike makes Bakers life a bit easier and, by no coincidence, the mistakes that plague him, a lot more minimized.    Mikey is a HoFer in my mind, just a high ceiling and consistent performer his entire career. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #45

    @tiamat63 said:

     I can't be that harsh with Baker.  He isn't living off the coattails of Evans, Johnny clearly did.   However Mike makes Bakers life a bit easier and, by no coincidence, the mistakes that plague him, a lot more minimized.    Mikey is a HoFer in my mind, just a high ceiling and consistent performer his entire career. 

    Manziel competed 27% of his passes to Mike Evans, slightly above one quarter. So he did not clearly live off Evans' coattails. 

    EDIT: Now let's go back to Heisman winner John Huarte of Notre Dame in 1964. He completed 114 passes, 60 of which were to Jack Snow. Now maybe there you could argue that Snow carried him on his coattails to the Heisman, because Huarte did not run for even 8 yards that season, whereas JM ran for 1410 his Heisman season, none of which he was seen riding any coattails.?

  • @neo said:

    You ever wonder if certain people are really that stupid, or do they do it just to piss you off?

    I would never underestimate Comrade Cal's stupidity. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would never underestimate Comrade Cal's stupidity. 

    I don't know.  He kind of sounded like George Costanza trying to give his tiny little acorn an alibi.

  • Berry continues to attack areas of need.  

    Just a few hours 'til FA.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #47

    @orion said:

    Berry continues to attack areas of need.  

    Just a few hours 'til FA.

    Exactly!  Now he's re-signing the productive FAs from last year that only had 1 year contracts. This is great for continuity and chemistry in many areas that were gigantic needs last year.   Well done Andrew Berry!

    The Bears are are dying to get a very small/any exchange value for Justin Fields - I hope we consider or at least inquire about this regardless of the Winston signing. With Watson's injury - he's 1 blindsided landing on the throwing shoulder from career curtains.  I can't think of a better back-up plan than Fields.  Again, he had a TD:INT ratio of 41:3 as a soph at OSU 1 season before leading the Buckeyes to a National Championship Game (where COVID prevented 10 Ohio State starters from playing vrs Bama).  We've got an OL the Bears haven't given to Fields... 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #48
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #49
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @syd said:

    awesome video with it

    New Brown WR Jerry Jeudy will wear the number 3

    Who does number 3 work for?

    Jerry Jeudy reminds me of Judge Judy. They look so alike. 

    Hit the gavel hard for us Jeudy. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #51
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #52
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @browns149 said:

    Browns sign Jeudy to 3 year extension 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39766129/browns-sign-wr-jerry-jeudy-3-year-58m-extension

    $41 mill guaranteed.

    That's a bold move, Cotton. 

  • @browns149 said:

    Browns sign Jeudy to 3 year extension 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39766129/browns-sign-wr-jerry-jeudy-3-year-58m-extension

    $41 mill guaranteed.

    That's a bold move, Cotton. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @dutch-oven said:

    $41 mill guaranteed.

    That's a bold move, Cotton. 

    He’s gotta be better then Moore

  • @dutch-oven said:

    $41 mill guaranteed.

    That's a bold move, Cotton. 

    He’s gotta be better then Moore

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @browns149 said:

    He’s gotta be better then Moore

    Sure hope so, hope he earns it.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    $41 mill guaranteed.

    That's a bold move, Cotton. 

    He’s gotta be better then Moore

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @browns149 said:

    He’s gotta be better then Moore

    I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

    The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

  • @browns149 said:

    He’s gotta be better then Moore

    I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

    The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @dutch-oven said:

    I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

    The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

    I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

    The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

    I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @runyon27 said:

    I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

    some said that about Njoku. and that turned out well.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

    The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

    I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @runyon27 said:

    I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

    Like, he's not had the production you'd want from a first rounder, but if he catches 50-65 balls at 14.5 yards a clip like he has, I think he's well worth the 5th and 6th rounders the Browns gave up for him.

    But not worth that much guaranteed money. But hey, it's not my money and as long as Jimmy keeps paying all these big contracts that get converted into bonuses, apparently this can go on infinitely. 

    I'd like to see Cooper extended a few years. 

  • @runyon27 said:

    I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

    Like, he's not had the production you'd want from a first rounder, but if he catches 50-65 balls at 14.5 yards a clip like he has, I think he's well worth the 5th and 6th rounders the Browns gave up for him.

    But not worth that much guaranteed money. But hey, it's not my money and as long as Jimmy keeps paying all these big contracts that get converted into bonuses, apparently this can go on infinitely. 

    I'd like to see Cooper extended a few years. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @dutch-oven said:

    Like, he's not had the production you'd want from a first rounder, but if he catches 50-65 balls at 14.5 yards a clip like he has, I think he's well worth the 5th and 6th rounders the Browns gave up for him.

    But not worth that much guaranteed money. But hey, it's not my money and as long as Jimmy keeps paying all these big contracts that get converted into bonuses, apparently this can go on infinitely. 

    I'd like to see Cooper extended a few years. 

    It's a insane contract for jeudy who has been supremely inconsistent. Haslam needs a leash. 

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Jeudy's main problem the past seasons seems to have been personality issues. Overpaying him seems a sensible way of dealing with that... *cough*