Skip to content

Vrabel

The Browns Board
11 9 823
  • I like it..

  • Browns hire Mike Vrabel as coaching and personnel consultant

    ...does that come with a meal plan?  

  • IMG_3581.png

  • It's cool. I like Vrabel's confidence. 

    I don't expect him to be part of the Browns more than one season.

    I'll just enjoy it while he's in Cleveland. 

  • cool side note: being that he is being labeled as a consultant and not a coach. The titans still have to pay him his full salary.Plus what ever The Browns are paying. So I say  Bravo  Bravo and a tip of the hat to you Mike

  • Mike Vrabel

    Really interesting. It surely can't hurt.

    Stefanski, Schwartz, Vrabel. Three head coaches on one staff.

    @bob806 said:

    Mike Vrabel

    Really interesting. It surely can't hurt.

    ★  Stefanski, Schwartz, Vrabel. Three head coaches on one staff.

    @ap1 said:

    ★  It's cool. I like Vrabel's confidence. 

    I don't expect him to be part of the Browns more than one season.

    I'll just enjoy it while he's in Cleveland. 

    ★  That sounds alright to me !

  • A move that can't hurt anything.

    To me, consultant is like a part time position.  I don't know if he is going to be in the building every day.  He will be active through the draft and camp.  After that...we'll see.

    I think the guy has his eyes on the OSU job if Day has problems this year.  Ohio isn't a bad place to hang out if that is the carrot you are after.

  • Mike Vrabel

    Really interesting. It surely can't hurt.

    Stefanski, Schwartz, Vrabel. Three head coaches on one staff.

    @bob806 said:

    Mike Vrabel

    Really interesting. It surely can't hurt.

    Stefanski, Schwartz, Vrabel. Three head coaches on one staff.

    Vrabel hired Schwartz as a Senior Defensive Assistant in TN in April 2021 through the 2022 season.  This was only 3 months after Schwartz though he'd step away from football as the DC in Philly (where he won a Super Bowl).  I remembered hearing "Defensive Consultant" at first about his job in TN but that became Senior Defensive Assistant as soon as they hired him.  Long story short, it looks like they have a good history working together.

    If the Browns have another successful season with their 2023 Defensive Assistant Coach of the Year - Schwartz could be in ideal position for a Head Coaching job. If we lose him to that, Mike Vrabel is the ideal solution.  He's a great guy to have on board for this Defense.  Our LBs in particular, could benefit from his wealth of knowledge as well as the entire front 7.

  • @bob806 said:

    Mike Vrabel

    Really interesting. It surely can't hurt.

    Stefanski, Schwartz, Vrabel. Three head coaches on one staff.

    Vrabel hired Schwartz as a Senior Defensive Assistant in TN in April 2021 through the 2022 season.  This was only 3 months after Schwartz though he'd step away from football as the DC in Philly (where he won a Super Bowl).  I remembered hearing "Defensive Consultant" at first about his job in TN but that became Senior Defensive Assistant as soon as they hired him.  Long story short, it looks like they have a good history working together.

    If the Browns have another successful season with their 2023 Defensive Assistant Coach of the Year - Schwartz could be in ideal position for a Head Coaching job. If we lose him to that, Mike Vrabel is the ideal solution.  He's a great guy to have on board for this Defense.  Our LBs in particular, could benefit from his wealth of knowledge as well as the entire front 7.

    @flugel said:

    Vrabel hired Schwartz as a Senior Defensive Assistant in TN in April 2021 through the 2022 season.  This was only 3 months after Schwartz though he'd step away from football as the DC in Philly (where he won a Super Bowl).  I remembered hearing "Defensive Consultant" at first about his job in TN but that became Senior Defensive Assistant as soon as they hired him.  Long story short, it looks like they have a good history working together.

    If the Browns have another successful season with their 2023 Defensive Assistant Coach of the Year - Schwartz could be in ideal position for a Head Coaching job. If we lose him to that, Mike Vrabel is the ideal solution.  He's a great guy to have on board for this Defense.  Our LBs in particular, could benefit from his wealth of knowledge as well as the entire front 7.

    It's kind of odd that nobody wanted him as a HC. His teams always were tough at Tenn, until they let their offensive weapons go. 

    Seems like the trend is to hire young offensive guys now. 

    I'm glad he's in CLE. 

  • @flugel said:

    Vrabel hired Schwartz as a Senior Defensive Assistant in TN in April 2021 through the 2022 season.  This was only 3 months after Schwartz though he'd step away from football as the DC in Philly (where he won a Super Bowl).  I remembered hearing "Defensive Consultant" at first about his job in TN but that became Senior Defensive Assistant as soon as they hired him.  Long story short, it looks like they have a good history working together.

    If the Browns have another successful season with their 2023 Defensive Assistant Coach of the Year - Schwartz could be in ideal position for a Head Coaching job. If we lose him to that, Mike Vrabel is the ideal solution.  He's a great guy to have on board for this Defense.  Our LBs in particular, could benefit from his wealth of knowledge as well as the entire front 7.

    It's kind of odd that nobody wanted him as a HC. His teams always were tough at Tenn, until they let their offensive weapons go. 

    Seems like the trend is to hire young offensive guys now. 

    I'm glad he's in CLE. 

    @bob806 said:

    It's kind of odd that nobody wanted him as a HC. His teams always were tough at Tenn, until they let their offensive weapons go. 

    Seems like the trend is to hire young offensive guys now. 

    I'm glad he's in CLE. 

    Me too! I like who he's learned about NFL Defense from.  The same guy Jim Schwatz did - Billy Badass Belichick