Take Tim Couch out and put in Derek Anderson
-
Masters said:
Perhaps a few, when I would pop in here (you will have to forgive that you weren't memorable to me). I don't need you to tell me I was here, as I told you that in my post (I said I didn't post here much under the other name).Sure, I was wrong about Frye panning out into an NFL starter. And?
So what of DA's 2007 season? It was really good run of games. But as expected, the clock struck midnight. It doesn't change the reality today now does it?
Anderson is better than Quinn based on? One good streatch of games? So again, DA isn't a QB worth a 1st and 3rd round picks (pro bowl 2007 season) by any QB starved team, but he's who you want to invest in as the long term solution at QB.
Where did I say I wanted DA as the long term answer.................I was on here in March saying the Browns should trade both Quinn and Anderson and sign a veteran and draft Mark Sanchez who I said at the time will be a Pro Bowl type QB in a few years in my opinion
I don't think Mangini is that excited about either QB on this roster as the QB he wants, I also believe the Browns made a huge mistake in not drafting Sanchez because what we got in return was quantity but not quality, when Sanchez is leading the Jets to the playoffs and a Superbowl who will remember the players we got from the Jets or Alex Mack, now come 2010 we have to draft another QB so we are looking at 2012 before we hopefully can contend, whereas drafting Sanchez would have speeded thing up IMO.
What I don't get is why you Masters and other were so harsh on Anderson and downplay the great 2007 season he had and yet look to make excuses for Quinn's crappy play, if DA had played anything the last 2 weeks like Brady people would have buried Anderson on this forum.
Now I ask you do you really see anything in Quinn to make you believe he can be more than just a manager of a game?
Btw, I'm just busting your balls about Frye, we are all wrong on players all the time, none of us are professionals that why we hang out on these boards
Where did I say I wanted DA as the long term answer.................I was on here in March saying the Browns should trade both Quinn and Anderson and sign a veteran and draft Mark Sanchez who I said at the time will be a Pro Bowl type QB in a few years in my opinion
I don't think Mangini is that excited about either QB on this roster as the QB he wants, I also believe the Browns made a huge mistake in not drafting Sanchez because what we got in return was quantity but not quality, when Sanchez is leading the Jets to the playoffs and a Superbowl who will remember the players we got from the Jets or Alex Mack, now come 2010 we have to draft another QB so we are looking at 2012 before we hopefully can contend, whereas drafting Sanchez would have speeded thing up IMO.
What I don't get is why you Masters and other were so harsh on Anderson and downplay the great 2007 season he had and yet look to make excuses for Quinn's crappy play, if DA had played anything the last 2 weeks like Brady people would have buried Anderson on this forum.
Now I ask you do you really see anything in Quinn to make you believe he can be more than just a manager of a game?
Btw, I'm just busting your balls about Frye, we are all wrong on players all the time, none of us are professionals that why we hang out on these boards
I wouldn't say I was harsh on Anderson. I simply pointed out the flaws in his game and that history showed they would remain in his game. So far, that is still the reality. I don't actually down play the 2007 season, unless it is in response to it being played up too much. I have yet to make an actual excuse for Quinn poor play so far. I have also called it poor play. If DA had played anything like Quinn has played the last two weeks people would have buried DA on here? They have and I am one of them. See games in 2007 against BUF, CIN, and SF, then 2008 PIT, BAL, WAS, half against HOU, and IND. Oh, he has played as bad or worse. The same "excuses" being used today for Quinn were used for DA.
To date in NFL game, no I have not seen anythign to make me believe Quinn can be more than a game manager, aside from the DEN game last season. But it is early and a bad football team, so we shall see in a the next 6 weeks or so.
I would not assume Sanchez would have the same success here as with the Jets. The Jets are a team that was sitting a 8-3 last year and knocked off the Titans. If Favre's arm doesn't fall off, that team was going deep in the playoffs. That's not exactly the team the Browns are.
No worries on the ball busting. It's not like I take things on a message board serious.
-
And if you really look at last year DA started the season off 0 - 3 when he had no receivers
How is that any different now? Last year he at least had BE and Winslow. Now it is down to just BE.
The problems on O for CLE run deeper than just the QB. It was the case last year and remains the case this year.
Masters said:
How is that any different now? Last year he at least had BE and Winslow. Now it is down to just BE.The problems on O for CLE run deeper than just the QB. It was the case last year and remains the case this year.
Last year BE missed nearly all preseason, hadn't practiced in weeks, Winslow had some kind of testicle/brain fart thing going on, Stallworth was injured, and DA MISSED most of preseason and couldn't practice outside due to light sensitivity from the concussion the 3-4 practices he had prior to the start of the season.
This year the QBs and receivers were all around and healthy the entire preseason (OK, it was a weird revolving door preseason as far as who actually got starters reps), and it appears our O still sucks. The only thing that's the same is the suckage.
-
@jadbf said:
Are you REALLY THIS STUPID???? REALLY?Do you not get WHY we started saying Frye was better than Anderson? do you really think we believe it?
NO we started that little game because all the DA backers kept wanting to say "BUT BUT BUT, Crennel is chosing DA over Quinn and he's a HC and your not, so he should know more and that proves Quinn isn't any good."
SO then we'd have fun saying that RAC also chose Frye over Anderson, so that must mean Frye is better.
And now, a second coaching staff has chosen a different QB over Anderson. Gee what does that say about anderson?
It says NOTHING. Just like when all the DA backers were saying Quinn was on the bench behind DA it really didn't mean as much as they thought it did.
Got it now?
So basically nothing you say can be taken at face value. OK then.
-
Greythan now you are going to another post within this thread which has nothing to do with my problem with your argument or the fact you attempted to cherry pick one variable and attempt to make it my entire statement.....
as for your apples to oranges you are trying to switch/add context of your original statement/conclusion of who is benched and who is playing.... which again is your m.o.
Even more funny is now you are moving to another topic of total franchise value vs it correlary relationship to winning in pro sports which is a whole different topic one of which I was not even talking about.
NOTHING is simple when it comes to an entertainment based business in terms of hundreds of millions of dollars.... if you think it is as simple when it comes to career coaches vs owners vs player vs fan expectations and all of the possible influences that can alter the on field product than you must not have a grasp of basic business principles or even basic risk assessment.
-
@jadbf said:
Are you REALLY THIS STUPID???? REALLY?Do you not get WHY we started saying Frye was better than Anderson? do you really think we believe it?
NO we started that little game because all the DA backers kept wanting to say "BUT BUT BUT, Crennel is chosing DA over Quinn and he's a HC and your not, so he should know more and that proves Quinn isn't any good."
SO then we'd have fun saying that RAC also chose Frye over Anderson, so that must mean Frye is better.
And now, a second coaching staff has chosen a different QB over Anderson. Gee what does that say about anderson?
It says NOTHING. Just like when all the DA backers were saying Quinn was on the bench behind DA it really didn't mean as much as they thought it did.
Got it now?
Why do you have to always call people stupid or other names, I have read many of your post and you are always calling people names
You are not the most knowledgeable guy here so I would not be calling people stupid
Do you have some type of issues that you have to continue calling people names......Unhappy home life? No friends? Mental issues?
I suggest you visit a doctor and seek professional help for your problems........somethings not right fella
And if you expect anyone to believe that horse crap story about having fun saying this or that about Frye over DA.....ok ok get some help dude you need it
-
you forgot to add the smiley, JADBF!

-
Greythan now you are going to another post within this thread which has nothing to do with my problem with your argument or the fact you attempted to cherry pick one variable and attempt to make it my entire statement.....
as for your apples to oranges you are trying to switch/add context of your original statement/conclusion of who is benched and who is playing.... which again is your m.o.
Even more funny is now you are moving to another topic of total franchise value vs it correlary relationship to winning in pro sports which is a whole different topic one of which I was not even talking about.
NOTHING is simple when it comes to an entertainment based business in terms of hundreds of millions of dollars.... if you think it is as simple when it comes to career coaches vs owners vs player vs fan expectations and all of the possible influences that can alter the on field product than you must not have a grasp of basic business principles or even basic risk assessment.
Sev, I'll just concede whatever point it is you are trying to make. I simply don't understand you so it must be that I'm the dumber one. Sorry.
The reason Anderson left Baltimore is because Boller got hurt in week 2 and Ozzie signed Kordell Stewart as an emergency backup.
To make room they tried to slide Anderson onto the practice squad but during the 24hr waiver period Savage made a claim on him.
Asshole (b-lick) has addressed this and his reasoning is that they thought Anderson was too green to play in week 3 of his rookie year and that they thought they could get him onto the practice squad without being claimed by another team.
Keep in mind that rookies coming from schools on terms rather than semesters are not eligible to attend OTA's or minicamps prior to the end of the school year in mid-June. Oregon State is one of those schools.
Can you imagine the field day Lum would have with this explanation if it had been Quinn not making the Ravens?
Fact remains, the Ravens didn't have shit for QB's and they took the chance of losing the guy instead of keeping him on the roster over other guys.
-
Greythan now you are going to another post within this thread which has nothing to do with my problem with your argument or the fact you attempted to cherry pick one variable and attempt to make it my entire statement.....
as for your apples to oranges you are trying to switch/add context of your original statement/conclusion of who is benched and who is playing.... which again is your m.o.
Even more funny is now you are moving to another topic of total franchise value vs it correlary relationship to winning in pro sports which is a whole different topic one of which I was not even talking about.
NOTHING is simple when it comes to an entertainment based business in terms of hundreds of millions of dollars.... if you think it is as simple when it comes to career coaches vs owners vs player vs fan expectations and all of the possible influences that can alter the on field product than you must not have a grasp of basic business principles or even basic risk assessment.
Sev, I'll just concede whatever point it is you are trying to make. I simply don't understand you so it must be that I'm the dumber one. Sorry.
The reason Anderson left Baltimore is because Boller got hurt in week 2 and Ozzie signed Kordell Stewart as an emergency backup.
To make room they tried to slide Anderson onto the practice squad but during the 24hr waiver period Savage made a claim on him.
Asshole (b-lick) has addressed this and his reasoning is that they thought Anderson was too green to play in week 3 of his rookie year and that they thought they could get him onto the practice squad without being claimed by another team.
Keep in mind that rookies coming from schools on terms rather than semesters are not eligible to attend OTA's or minicamps prior to the end of the school year in mid-June. Oregon State is one of those schools.
Can you imagine the field day Lum would have with this explanation if it had been Quinn not making the Ravens?
Fact remains, the Ravens didn't have shit for QB's and they took the chance of losing the guy instead of keeping him on the roster over other guys.
Sev, I'll just concede whatever point it is you are trying to make. I simply don't understand you so it must be that I'm the dumber one. Sorry.
Can you imagine the field day Lum would have with this explanation if it had been Quinn not making the Ravens?
Fact remains, the Ravens didn't have shit for QB's and they took the chance of losing the guy instead of keeping him on the roster over other guys.
As far as that explanation of Lum's goes, there were reports coming out of Baltimore that that was exactly the case. I found a few on the net in a brief search, here's one from a Baltimore fan blog: http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2006/12/der...t-got-away.html
-
Agreed MarkO. I enjoy the debate. :
:D&S, here's what we know about the Ravens at the time: a) they had no QB and
they let DA get away. No way Newsome does that if he has any conviction that DA was their answer at QB. Anythinig else is justification/spin that as I stated, Lum would LAMBASTE if the QB in question was NOT DA (i.e., Quinn). -
QUOTE (Solon16 @ Sep 21 2009, 01:19 PM)
Don't you guys remember that Mangini told Lerner..." He can win with Quinn"....you know the reason he got hired....Romeo didn't play him for a reason...Savage Gave DA all that $ for a reason....2 more weeks of this crap tops!
Care to make a monetary wager on that?
AdaM said:
Ummm..you were saying? FAIL
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login