Skip to content

Browns add 7th round pick

The Browns Board
29 10 946
  • Cleveland pockets a seventh-round selection in 2024 from the Tennessee Titans in exchange for OT Leroy Watson IV.

    ---------

    7th pick in the 7th round (227).

    So, with less than two weeks until the draft we now have:  

    Round 2 (No. 54 overall)
    Round 3 (No. 85 overall)
    Round 5 (No. 156 overall)
    Round 6 (No. 206 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 227 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 243 overall)

  • The 2024  NFL DRAFT will indeed be upon us later  this month ,  April 25 to 27.

    GOOD LUCK BROWNS !

    download (20).jpeg

  • In a way I like 7th rounders.  I see it as a way to get a jump on the undrafted guys....if that makes any sense.

  • Cleveland pockets a seventh-round selection in 2024 from the Tennessee Titans in exchange for OT Leroy Watson IV.

    ---------

    7th pick in the 7th round (227).

    So, with less than two weeks until the draft we now have:  

    Round 2 (No. 54 overall)
    Round 3 (No. 85 overall)
    Round 5 (No. 156 overall)
    Round 6 (No. 206 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 227 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 243 overall)

    @orion said:


    Round 6 (No. 206 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 227 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 243 overall)

    Returning from Hawaii vacation... Man, It was a Sweet trip !

    download.jpg.70e5e8d7d4ea606542f5f0b0d0c3fbbb.jpg      download.jpg.298ca7546a5abcf988cc95832dbff7a3.jpg

    tried to trade up in the 6th.. but no team wanted UDFA 7th round picks

    66.NFL-team-logo
    Payton Wilson   LB NC State

    trade-icon

    85.NFL-team-logo
    Ja'Tavion Sanders   TE Texas

    90.NFL-team-logo

    Roman Wilson   WR Michigan
    trade-icon
    156.NFL-team-logo
    Justin Eboigbe   DT Alabama
    227.NFL-team-logo
    Carson Steele   RB UCLA
    243.NFL-team-logo
    Ryan Watts   S Texas
     
    Yep ! Mock sims are still un-settled with 11 days until Draft day ! Trading back from pick 54, to gain 66 & pick #90 sounds like a Berry thing. 
    Good to be back. Time to catch up on the world that went away ! 
  • I would not hate those top three picks at all, gumby!

  •  

    Returning from Hawaii vacation... Man, It was a Sweet trip !

    download.jpg.70e5e8d7d4ea606542f5f0b0d0c3fbbb.jpg      download.jpg.298ca7546a5abcf988cc95832dbff7a3.jpg

      oh hell ya

  • @orion said:


    Round 6 (No. 206 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 227 overall)
    Round 7 (No. 243 overall)

    Returning from Hawaii vacation... Man, It was a Sweet trip !

    download.jpg.70e5e8d7d4ea606542f5f0b0d0c3fbbb.jpg      download.jpg.298ca7546a5abcf988cc95832dbff7a3.jpg

    tried to trade up in the 6th.. but no team wanted UDFA 7th round picks

    66.NFL-team-logo
    Payton Wilson   LB NC State

    trade-icon

    85.NFL-team-logo
    Ja'Tavion Sanders   TE Texas

    90.NFL-team-logo

    Roman Wilson   WR Michigan
    trade-icon
    156.NFL-team-logo
    Justin Eboigbe   DT Alabama
    227.NFL-team-logo
    Carson Steele   RB UCLA
    243.NFL-team-logo
    Ryan Watts   S Texas
     
    Yep ! Mock sims are still un-settled with 11 days until Draft day ! Trading back from pick 54, to gain 66 & pick #90 sounds like a Berry thing. 
    Good to be back. Time to catch up on the world that went away ! 

    @gumby73 said:

    Returning from Hawaii vacation... Man, It was a Sweet trip !

    download.jpg.70e5e8d7d4ea606542f5f0b0d0c3fbbb.jpg      download.jpg.298ca7546a5abcf988cc95832dbff7a3.jpg

    tried to trade up in the 6th.. but no team wanted UDFA 7th round picks

    66.NFL-team-logo
    Payton Wilson   LB NC State

    trade-icon

    85.NFL-team-logo
    Ja'Tavion Sanders   TE Texas

    90.NFL-team-logo

    Roman Wilson   WR Michigan
    trade-icon
    156.NFL-team-logo
    Justin Eboigbe   DT Alabama
    227.NFL-team-logo
    Carson Steele   RB UCLA
    243.NFL-team-logo
    Ryan Watts   S Texas
     
    Yep ! Mock sims are still un-settled with 11 days until Draft day ! Trading back from pick 54, to gain 66 & pick #90 sounds like a Berry thing. 
    Good to be back. Time to catch up on the world that went away ! 

    Not bad Gumbs; but if the Browns boycott OL - they're prolly asking for trouble.    I liked your mindset in the other thread of Payton Wilson at #54 and Kiran's Amega-Tackle at #85.  That seems more like a football wood factor going from balsa to sequoia.  

  • @gumby73 said:

    Returning from Hawaii vacation... Man, It was a Sweet trip !

    download.jpg.70e5e8d7d4ea606542f5f0b0d0c3fbbb.jpg      download.jpg.298ca7546a5abcf988cc95832dbff7a3.jpg

    tried to trade up in the 6th.. but no team wanted UDFA 7th round picks

    66.NFL-team-logo
    Payton Wilson   LB NC State

    trade-icon

    85.NFL-team-logo
    Ja'Tavion Sanders   TE Texas

    90.NFL-team-logo

    Roman Wilson   WR Michigan
    trade-icon
    156.NFL-team-logo
    Justin Eboigbe   DT Alabama
    227.NFL-team-logo
    Carson Steele   RB UCLA
    243.NFL-team-logo
    Ryan Watts   S Texas
     
    Yep ! Mock sims are still un-settled with 11 days until Draft day ! Trading back from pick 54, to gain 66 & pick #90 sounds like a Berry thing. 
    Good to be back. Time to catch up on the world that went away ! 

    Not bad Gumbs; but if the Browns boycott OL - they're prolly asking for trouble.    I liked your mindset in the other thread of Payton Wilson at #54 and Kiran's Amega-Tackle at #85.  That seems more like a football wood factor going from balsa to sequoia.  

    @flugel said:

    Not bad Gumbs; but if the Browns boycott OL - they're prolly asking for trouble.    I liked your mindset in the other thread of Payton Wilson at #54 and Kiran's Amega-Tackle at #85.  That seems more like a football wood factor going from balsa to sequoia.  

    I like the wood scale .... and it's true.   Like the bat scale from whiffle ball bat to the Louisville Slugger.

    You need to  "fill those pants up" .... from Jim Tressel when he was at YSU.   And when he got those pants filled up they won 4 of 6 NC tries.  It does start up front.

  • @flugel said:

    Not bad Gumbs; but if the Browns boycott OL - they're prolly asking for trouble.    I liked your mindset in the other thread of Payton Wilson at #54 and Kiran's Amega-Tackle at #85.  That seems more like a football wood factor going from balsa to sequoia.  

    I like the wood scale .... and it's true.   Like the bat scale from whiffle ball bat to the Louisville Slugger.

    You need to  "fill those pants up" .... from Jim Tressel when he was at YSU.   And when he got those pants filled up they won 4 of 6 NC tries.  It does start up front.

    @mjp28 said:

    I like the wood scale .... and it's true.   Like the bat scale from whiffle ball bat to the Louisville Slugger.

    You need to  "fill those pants up" .... from Jim Tressel when he was at YSU.   And when he got those pants filled up they won 4 of 6 NC tries.  It does start up front.

    ? Exactly!

  • @flugel said:

    Not bad Gumbs; but if the Browns boycott OL - they're prolly asking for trouble.    I liked your mindset in the other thread of Payton Wilson at #54 and Kiran's Amega-Tackle at #85.  That seems more like a football wood factor going from balsa to sequoia.  

    I like the wood scale .... and it's true.   Like the bat scale from whiffle ball bat to the Louisville Slugger.

    You need to  "fill those pants up" .... from Jim Tressel when he was at YSU.   And when he got those pants filled up they won 4 of 6 NC tries.  It does start up front.

    @mjp28 said:

    I like the wood scale .... and it's true.   Like the bat scale from whiffle ball bat to the Louisville Slugger.

    You need to  "fill those pants up" .... from Jim Tressel when he was at YSU.   And when he got those pants filled up they won 4 of 6 NC tries.  It does start up front.

    I don't see how we don't draft a O lineman this year.  Maybe 2.  Both Teller and Bitonio are somewhat questionable moving forward after this season.

    Much is made of LT's, but IMO the most important part of a O line is the middle 3 in passpro.  As long as the QB has that wall in front of him, allowing a step or two forward, as long as whoever is playing at tackle protects against inside rush, that step or so forward destroys the DE's angles and puts him right in to the tackles angle allowing him to just get in the way and ride the DE outside.  

    I think if you asked any QB, they would rather have a clean middle.  A rush up the middle puts them in that "deer in a headlight" position. That's the panic position for a QB.

  • So we trade away an OL and then we drop one in favor of a DE. Any bets on which OL we take 1st in the draft? I'm having to revise my DL take back to the inevitable OL, unless of course it's Ainias Smith.?

  • So we trade away an OL and then we drop one in favor of a DE. Any bets on which OL we take 1st in the draft? I'm having to revise my DL take back to the inevitable OL, unless of course it's Ainias Smith.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    So we trade away an OL and then we drop one in favor of a DE. Any bets on which OL we take 1st in the draft? I'm having to revise my DL take back to the inevitable OL, unless of course it's Ainias Smith.?

    I have no idea.  I won't have much of an idea until we are maybe 5 picks away from our selection.  The variables are too numerous to have any sort of accuracy other than lucky guess.  Throw a dart at any name of guards and you stand just  as good a chance.

  • So we trade away an OL and then we drop one in favor of a DE. Any bets on which OL we take 1st in the draft? I'm having to revise my DL take back to the inevitable OL, unless of course it's Ainias Smith.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    So we trade away an OL and then we drop one in favor of a DE. Any bets on which OL we take 1st in the draft? I'm having to revise my DL take back to the inevitable OL, unless of course it's Ainias Smith.?

    ? I thought Cal hi-jacked your pc for a second.  I miss that guy; but skydiving with 2 bad knees can cause brain damage especially if you forget the parachute... 

    Like I said in the thread "Who Are The Browns Going to Pick at #54?"  LT Kiran Amegadjie - Yale, 6-5 321lbs 37 inch arms  - 2 time All Ivy League 1st Team Selection.  Strong, fast, fierce and agile.  Led his team to 2 Ivy League Championships.  In 2015, the Bucs drafted Division 3 OG Ali Marpet out of Hobart in the 61st slot overall and he eventually made the Pro Bowl.  1 Mock Draft in Athlon Sports Draft Mag has the KC Chiefs drafting Amegadjie at #63 overall to protect the blindside of Mahomes.  Right now LT is a glaring weakness on the blindside of QB the Browns have invested a lot of money in.  LTs go fast in the draft so it might be very well worth the reach.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    So we trade away an OL and then we drop one in favor of a DE. Any bets on which OL we take 1st in the draft? I'm having to revise my DL take back to the inevitable OL, unless of course it's Ainias Smith.?

    ? I thought Cal hi-jacked your pc for a second.  I miss that guy; but skydiving with 2 bad knees can cause brain damage especially if you forget the parachute... 

    Like I said in the thread "Who Are The Browns Going to Pick at #54?"  LT Kiran Amegadjie - Yale, 6-5 321lbs 37 inch arms  - 2 time All Ivy League 1st Team Selection.  Strong, fast, fierce and agile.  Led his team to 2 Ivy League Championships.  In 2015, the Bucs drafted Division 3 OG Ali Marpet out of Hobart in the 61st slot overall and he eventually made the Pro Bowl.  1 Mock Draft in Athlon Sports Draft Mag has the KC Chiefs drafting Amegadjie at #63 overall to protect the blindside of Mahomes.  Right now LT is a glaring weakness on the blindside of QB the Browns have invested a lot of money in.  LTs go fast in the draft so it might be very well worth the reach.  

    @flugel said:

    Led his team to 2 Ivy League Championships.

    Wait.  The LT led the team to championships?  We gotta get this guy!  🙂  

  • @flugel said:

    Led his team to 2 Ivy League Championships.

    Wait.  The LT led the team to championships?  We gotta get this guy!  🙂  

    @orion said:

    Wait.  The LT led the team to championships?  We gotta get this guy!  🙂  

    What me?  Unleash a bunch of blowhard with my excitement about a prospect? ? 

    Okay, but it's not uncommon for a best player on a team to be a team leader or voted a team captain by his teammates. Lindy's Draft Magazine says Amegadjie has been a cornerstone of the Yale football program since his freshman year. Amegadjie led an offensive line that went to the Ivy League Championship twice, winning both.

    Here's a short excerpt from Athlon Sports NFL Draft: Amegadjie finished his outstanding Yale career this fall, helping Yale win an Ivy League title for the second straight season. He earned third team All-America honors from Stats Perform, was a first team All-Ivy selection for the second straight season and was named the Ivy League's offensive lineman of the year by analyst Phil Steele.
     

  • ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

  • ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    @orion said:

    ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    Well said.  If we're ever gonna waste another draft pick on a kicker - I'd rather have it done here (especially if we have more than one 7th round pick).   The 3 we drafted never survived their 1st contract in Cleveland.  Having said that, the Browns brought the last one back just in case we lose our starting kicker to a severe hamstring pull again.  

    A couple years ago, I was flipping back and forth between the 2 networks covering the draft in the final hour. One of the networks was saying when you get to the 7th round - it's almost better for the player if they end up being an undrafted free agent.   This way the player has a chance to pick a best fit situation his skillsets among teams interested.  Makes sense.  On the other hand, many kids dream about getting drafted.  How about a Brock Purdy being the last pick of the draft 2 years ago?

  • ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    @orion said:

    ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    @orion said:

    ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    I agree, as I said here:

    "In a way I like 7th rounders.  I see it as a way to get a jump on the undrafted guys....if that makes any sense."

    All teams like several players on who they don't necessarily think they need to use a draft pick.  Adding a pick or two in the 7th and picking them in the 7th guarantees you get at least 1-2 of them.

    Most of those players are viewed as special team candidates, at least for the early portion of their career and or smaller school players who show promise but didn't play against top competition.

  • @orion said:

    ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    @orion said:

    ...truth be told, I view 7th rounders as glorified free agents.  But they're free agents that have to come to your team.  -  A week and a half 'til we're on the clock!

    I agree, as I said here:

    "In a way I like 7th rounders.  I see it as a way to get a jump on the undrafted guys....if that makes any sense."

    All teams like several players on who they don't necessarily think they need to use a draft pick.  Adding a pick or two in the 7th and picking them in the 7th guarantees you get at least 1-2 of them.

    Most of those players are viewed as special team candidates, at least for the early portion of their career and or smaller school players who show promise but didn't play against top competition.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree, as I said here:

    "In a way I like 7th rounders.  I see it as a way to get a jump on the undrafted guys....if that makes any sense."

    All teams like several players on who they don't necessarily think they need to use a draft pick.  Adding a pick or two in the 7th and picking them in the 7th guarantees you get at least 1-2 of them.

    Most of those players are viewed as special team candidates, at least for the early portion of their career and or smaller school players who show promise but didn't play against top competition.

    For example, NE drafted Kent State QB Julian Edelman in round 7 who began returning punts/kickoffs before he emerged as a Pro Bowl WR.  Prior to that, Cleveland signed another former Kent State QB Josh Cribbs as an undrafted free agent who excelled as a Kickoff/Punt Return Specialist.  He also played WR and some QB in the WildDawg. He made 3 Pro Bowls and earned a 1st Team All Pro honor.  He was also recognized as a member of The NFL's All-Decade Team for the 2000s.

    I wouldn't mind an equivalent find this year...

  • On the Draft Value Chart, our 7th round pick #127 is worth 1.4 points.  And pick 243 is worth 1 point.  The #1 overall is 3000 points.  In order to move to the top of the 6th round we'd have to trade about 20 seventh round picks.  🙂   I guess we could say that the math doesn't work at the quantum level.