Skip to content

● ?  The Official 2024 NFL Draft  ✔️  Day 3 Thread <-- RIGHT HERE  <--

The Browns Board
134 14 3.1k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    That was a good trade for Miami. That guy should have gone in the 3rd. Speedy, speedy, speedy will fit well there.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #12

    The Texans knew. OSU TE.?

  • The Texans knew. OSU TE.?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @texasag1969 said:

    The Texans knew. OSU TE.?

    Stroud at QB and Stover at TE.

    I'd take that for the Browns every day of the week. 

    I'm jelly. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The Texans knew. OSU TE.?

    Stroud at QB and Stover at TE.

    I'd take that for the Browns every day of the week. 

    I'm jelly. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stroud at QB and Stover at TE.

    I'd take that for the Browns every day of the week. 

    I'm jelly. 

    Having a good friend when I lived in Wyoming who was raised on a 12,000 acre ranch, I can tell you come branding season he could grab and flip those calves all day long without even breathing hard. This is an excellent pick for Houston.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #15

    Sometimes I wonder what the GM's are using for their player lists.

    Lions just traded up in the 4th for a random S rated as a 6th rd prospect.

    With the very next pick, Chiefs stayed where they were and took a S who could have been drafted in rd2 with no question marks.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    -19-  picks to go.

    .. ...  edit......  Eagles got 3 extra picks today alone.

  • Sometimes I wonder what the GM's are using for their player lists.

    Lions just traded up in the 4th for a random S rated as a 6th rd prospect.

    With the very next pick, Chiefs stayed where they were and took a S who could have been drafted in rd2 with no question marks.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @unsympathetic said:

    Sometimes I wonder what the GM's are using for their player lists.

    Lions just traded up in the 4th for a random S rated as a 6th rd prospect.

    With the very next pick, Chiefs stayed where they were and took a S who could have been drafted in rd2 with no question marks.

    Front offices evals are a fickle bitch.  Because they might grade a guy 1-2 rounds higher than where he might normally go.    At that point, what they so often fail to do late day 2 and early day 3, is read the room.  Read the market.   Because you grade him THAT high doesn't mean others would spend the draft capital on him.    

    I use the phrase CMV (current market value) vs HMV (historic market value)     In this case, the Lions really whiffed on the former.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #18

    Classic example: Lions earlier in the 4th traded into that spot from the 5th to take that Canadian 350# guy who nobody else had on their board.  Could have just waited until the 5th and he would have fallen.

    Millen may not be totally gone from the organization yet......

  • NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, there are 20 top-100 prospects still on the board for teams:

    Which means there is no reason we can't find Ainias Smith as our 5th rounder.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    ▪︎-->  ??  NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, there are 20 top-100 prospects still on the board for teams:

    Which means there is no reason we can't find Ainias Smith as our 5th rounder.?

    And that was 2 hours ago  ..... any still there ?

    .....  edit  .....   See notable 5th round picks.

    Is this a deep draft ?  .....  but there are also potential starters in Bo Nix and Michael Penix Jr. While there will be good depth within the first 50 picks, the pickings should get fairly slim for teams looking for a quality backup or developmental talent beyond the second round

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Sometimes I wonder what the GM's are using for their player lists.

    Lions just traded up in the 4th for a random S rated as a 6th rd prospect.

    With the very next pick, Chiefs stayed where they were and took a S who could have been drafted in rd2 with no question marks.

    Front offices evals are a fickle bitch.  Because they might grade a guy 1-2 rounds higher than where he might normally go.    At that point, what they so often fail to do late day 2 and early day 3, is read the room.  Read the market.   Because you grade him THAT high doesn't mean others would spend the draft capital on him.    

    I use the phrase CMV (current market value) vs HMV (historic market value)     In this case, the Lions really whiffed on the former.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tiamat63 said:

    Front offices evals are a fickle bitch.  Because they might grade a guy 1-2 rounds higher than where he might normally go.    At that point, what they so often fail to do late day 2 and early day 3, is read the room.  Read the market.   Because you grade him THAT high doesn't mean others would spend the draft capital on him.    

    I use the phrase CMV (current market value) vs HMV (historic market value)     In this case, the Lions really whiffed on the former.

    Nobody wants to give anything away on how they really  think.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    -7-  picks before the  BROWNS  next pick.

    ....  edit  ....  Two INDY PICK first.   Two PHI PICKS too .....

    PHI gets a T A&M player.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #22

    Right about where the Browns could have had him. So now he gets to play in the SB. LOL!? 

    EDIT: Browns still get to see him in Philly though.

  • Right about where the Browns could have had him. So now he gets to play in the SB. LOL!? 

    EDIT: Browns still get to see him in Philly though.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @texasag1969 said:

    Right about where the Browns could have had him. So now he gets to play in the SB. LOL!?

    I saw that,  an Aggie !

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #24

    and 10 points in the  3rd is horrible

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #25

    This is looking like the worst draft I've ever seen

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #26

    jamari thrash  wr from louisville

  • This is looking like the worst draft I've ever seen

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @flugel said:

    This is looking like the worst draft I've ever seen

    Well  NEXT  year CLE gets a 1st !

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #28

    so is the end of bell at wr ?

  • sydS syd

    so is the end of bell at wr ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @syd said:

    so is the end of bell at wr ?

    Could be.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Long strider - Thrash.   Looks like Joe McKnight but lighter.