Skip to content

● ?  The Official 2024 NFL Draft  ✔️  Day 3 Thread <-- RIGHT HERE  <--

The Browns Board
134 14 3.1k
  • @orion said:

    Seems like ya have to draft a CB each and every year.  Unwritten rule.

    Take the best athlete at CB you can find this late and coach him up.   New England strategy for years that worked. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @tiamat63 said:

    Take the best athlete at CB you can find this late and coach him up.   New England strategy for years that worked. 

    ? ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #88

  • sydS syd

    FFENSE


    DEFENSE

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #89

    @syd said:

    FFENSE

    • RB Aidan Robbins, BYU - 6-2, 237 lbs - (Source)
    • OG Javion Cohen, Miami - 6-4, 324 lbs - (Source) - projected 5th/6th rounder
    • OL Lorenzo Thompson, Rhode Island - 6-7, 295 lbs - (Source)
    • OT Jalen Sundell, North Dakota State - 6-5, 300 lbs (Source)

    DEFENSE

    • LB Winston Reid, Weber State - 6-1, 230 lbs - (Source)
    • S Chris Edmonds, Arizona State - 6-2, 215 lbs - (Source)
    • DB DyShawn Gales, San Diego State - 5-11, 190 lbs (Source)
    • WR- Ahmarean Brown, South Carolina
    • WR – Ty James, Mercer*
    • TE – Treyton Welch, Wyoming
    •  
    • * He is also listed with the Vikings and articles link him more to them than us.
    •  
    • Brown seems to fit ko and punt return more than WR.
    • RB – Aidan Robbins, BYU
    • OL – Javion Cohen, Miami
    • OL – Lorenzo Thompson, Rhode Island
    • CB – DyShawn Gales, South Dakota State
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @texasag1969 said:

    • RB – Aidan Robbins, BYU
    • OL – Javion Cohen, Miami
    • OL – Lorenzo Thompson, Rhode Island
    • CB – DyShawn Gales, South Dakota State

    This might be a real good RB to keep around. I'll post his stats in a few minutes but I heard he had some nagging injuries at BYU so he started the last 3 games and had over 100 yards rushing in each of those games. In 2022, he had over 1000 yards rushing for UNLV. I like his frame at 6-3 240 lbs.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    • RB – Aidan Robbins, BYU
    • OL – Javion Cohen, Miami
    • OL – Lorenzo Thompson, Rhode Island
    • CB – DyShawn Gales, South Dakota State

    This might be a real good RB to keep around. I'll post his stats in a few minutes but I heard he had some nagging injuries at BYU so he started the last 3 games and had over 100 yards rushing in each of those games. In 2022, he had over 1000 yards rushing for UNLV. I like his frame at 6-3 240 lbs.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @flugel said:

    This might be a real good RB to keep around. I'll post his stats in a few minutes but I heard he had some nagging injuries at BYU so he started the last 3 games and had over 100 yards rushing in each of those games. In 2022, he had over 1000 yards rushing for UNLV. I like his frame at 6-3 240 lbs.

    Career Stats

    Top line below is BYU 2023  2nd line is UNLV 2022
    CAR YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
    101 485 4.8 1 36 7 33 4.7 0 12 0 0
    209 1,011 4.8 9 66 23 125 5.4 1 22 0 0
    2 41 20.5 1 34 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    5 10 2.0 0 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #92

    Speaking of BYU...

    Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

    It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. ?

    That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

  • Speaking of BYU...

    Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

    It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. ?

    That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of BYU...

    Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

    It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. ?

    That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

    Who could forget this classic? Most of these guys were just plum awful at rapping. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Reminds me of the Browns songs that came starting a year later... 

  • Speaking of BYU...

    Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

    It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. ?

    That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of BYU...

    Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

    It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. ?

    That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

    I think it was the best "one season" team I ever saw. They truly destroyed everybody except the Dolphins on MNF.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #96

    As with all great teams, built on the DL - a DL where every single player made the Hall of Fame!

    Fun Fact: Richard Perry made the WWE (pro wrestling) hall of fame rather than the pro football hall of fame.  The other 3 [Hampton, Dent, McMichael] are of course in the football HoF.

  • @flugel said:

    This might be a real good RB to keep around. I'll post his stats in a few minutes but I heard he had some nagging injuries at BYU so he started the last 3 games and had over 100 yards rushing in each of those games. In 2022, he had over 1000 yards rushing for UNLV. I like his frame at 6-3 240 lbs.

    Career Stats

    Top line below is BYU 2023  2nd line is UNLV 2022
    CAR YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
    101 485 4.8 1 36 7 33 4.7 0 12 0 0
    209 1,011 4.8 9 66 23 125 5.4 1 22 0 0
    2 41 20.5 1 34 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    5 10 2.0 0 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @flugel said:

    Career Stats

    Top line below is BYU 2023  2nd line is UNLV 2022
    CAR YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
    101 485 4.8 1 36 7 33 4.7 0 12 0 0
    209 1,011 4.8 9 66 23 125 5.4 1 22 0 0
    2 41 20.5 1 34 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    5 10 2.0 0 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

    If he is an effective 3rd down blocker and /or ST player, he might make the team. One of the things the pros looked at with A&M's LB Cooper is that he was involved in more than 500 ST plays in his career.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of BYU...

    Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

    It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. ?

    That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

    Who could forget this classic? Most of these guys were just plum awful at rapping. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Who could forget this classic? Most of these guys were just plum awful at rapping. 

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

  • sydS syd

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Who could forget this classic? Most of these guys were just plum awful at rapping. 

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @syd said:

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

    What was the spread? I'd guess the Bears were at least 10 or so point favorites. 

  • @flugel said:

    This might be a real good RB to keep around. I'll post his stats in a few minutes but I heard he had some nagging injuries at BYU so he started the last 3 games and had over 100 yards rushing in each of those games. In 2022, he had over 1000 yards rushing for UNLV. I like his frame at 6-3 240 lbs.

    Career Stats

    Top line below is BYU 2023  2nd line is UNLV 2022
    CAR YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
    101 485 4.8 1 36 7 33 4.7 0 12 0 0
    209 1,011 4.8 9 66 23 125 5.4 1 22 0 0
    2 41 20.5 1 34 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    5 10 2.0 0 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Career Stats

    Top line below is BYU 2023  2nd line is UNLV 2022
    CAR YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
    101 485 4.8 1 36 7 33 4.7 0 12 0 0
    209 1,011 4.8 9 66 23 125 5.4 1 22 0 0
    2 41 20.5 1 34 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
    5 10 2.0 0 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

    Teach him how to handle a snap and have him do the QB sneaks.  John Kelly's replacement on the PS?

  • @syd said:

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

    What was the spread? I'd guess the Bears were at least 10 or so point favorites. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    What was the spread? I'd guess the Bears were at least 10 or so point favorites. 

    i think it was around 40, N.E scored first with a field goal. and as i remember that was it. I think the bears won by 50. what ever it was i just remember shooting pool by myself in self loathing

  • @gumby73 said:

    didn't see going corner there, when Jaheim Bell is still a TE option in play..   1 pick left    

    How about Ohio State's TE Cade Stover reuniting with CJ Stroud in Houston?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @flugel said:

    How about Ohio State's TE Cade Stover reuniting with CJ Stroud in Houston?

    Gumby celebrates his 61st birthday today ? I'm taking today off 😆

    Wo-men forget nothing... Deferring to Mary K Cabbage

       https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2024/04/deshaun-watson-trade-is-finally-complete-with-houston-adding-a-buckeye-with-the-final-pick.html

    Still absorbing it all in w/flight back to NC tonight. Check back in Monday, in short

    Let's all agree, Berry/FO started & left this draft as the dead last team (32nd) in 2024 draft capital. Sure we can all second guess the picks... I had My moments...

    Trade back little for Mike Hall or Junior Colson ?

    LB Payton Wilson at 85? (local favorite goes to Shitz'burgh? ?)

    Why take a 7th rd. corner,when 4 picks later, FSU TE Jaheim Bell may fill a higher depth need ? 

      Ya see? (take all your ? off)

    Later studs !

  • @flugel said:

    How about Ohio State's TE Cade Stover reuniting with CJ Stroud in Houston?

    Gumby celebrates his 61st birthday today ? I'm taking today off 😆

    Wo-men forget nothing... Deferring to Mary K Cabbage

       https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2024/04/deshaun-watson-trade-is-finally-complete-with-houston-adding-a-buckeye-with-the-final-pick.html

    Still absorbing it all in w/flight back to NC tonight. Check back in Monday, in short

    Let's all agree, Berry/FO started & left this draft as the dead last team (32nd) in 2024 draft capital. Sure we can all second guess the picks... I had My moments...

    Trade back little for Mike Hall or Junior Colson ?

    LB Payton Wilson at 85? (local favorite goes to Shitz'burgh? ?)

    Why take a 7th rd. corner,when 4 picks later, FSU TE Jaheim Bell may fill a higher depth need ? 

      Ya see? (take all your ? off)

    Later studs !

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Gumby celebrates his 61st birthday today ? I'm taking today off 😆

    Wo-men forget nothing... Deferring to Mary K Cabbage

       https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2024/04/deshaun-watson-trade-is-finally-complete-with-houston-adding-a-buckeye-with-the-final-pick.html

    Still absorbing it all in w/flight back to NC tonight. Check back in Monday, in short

    Let's all agree, Berry/FO started & left this draft as the dead last team (32nd) in 2024 draft capital. Sure we can all second guess the picks... I had My moments...

    Trade back little for Mike Hall or Junior Colson ?

    LB Payton Wilson at 85? (local favorite goes to Shitz'burgh? ?)

    Why take a 7th rd. corner,when 4 picks later, FSU TE Jaheim Bell may fill a higher depth need ? 

      Ya see? (take all your ? off)

    Later studs !

    eh, I still think it was a solid draft

    happy b day man

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Completely off topic, but I was given a month of free EA play.  If anybody wants to get a game of Madden in - holla.  

  • sydS syd

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Who could forget this classic? Most of these guys were just plum awful at rapping. 

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

    Wow. You’re older than l thought you were. Your youthfulness jumps off the screen. Unless you were placing bets as an 8 year old, which, if so, that’s pretty cool.

  • @syd said:

    lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

    Wow. You’re older than l thought you were. Your youthfulness jumps off the screen. Unless you were placing bets as an 8 year old, which, if so, that’s pretty cool.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Wow. You’re older than l thought you were. Your youthfulness jumps off the screen. Unless you were placing bets as an 8 year old, which, if so, that’s pretty cool.

    lol close I was 20