Skip to content

▪︎ CBS to do some shake-ups for next season, Esiason, Simms out.

The Browns Board
15 12 527 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Esiason  and  Simms out,  Ryan in.

    The contracts for both Esiason and Simms had expired, while Burleson and Cowher are presumably being renewed.

    Ryan joined CBS during the 2023-24 NFL after being released by the Indianapolis Colts. The 15-year veteran (who played 14 seasons for the Atlanta Falcons) was open to continue his playing career as he called game broadcasts with Andrew Catalon and Tiki Barber, but no team showed interest.

    Last week, Ryan officially announced his retirement. Knowing that he was ready to be a full-time broadcaster likely compelled CBS to add him to "The NFL Today." With him, Burleson and Watt, the pregame show now has a younger look with analysts who also engage fans and viewers on social media.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Aww, too bad. I actually kinda like Esiason as a broadcaster. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I'm kind of surprised Bradshaw is coming back... Father Time has really caught up to him, he kind of struggles to participate now. 

  • I'm kind of surprised Bradshaw is coming back... Father Time has really caught up to him, he kind of struggles to participate now. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm kind of surprised Bradshaw is coming back... Father Time has really caught up to him, he kind of struggles to participate now. 

    Father who? Oh, that guy behind me.?‍?️??⌛?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #6

    It's Troy Aikman and Chris Collinsworth - have been intolerable - outside of them, it doesn't matter much....

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I've always preferred the FOX pregame show. They keep it light.

    Plus, I just can't stand Bill Cowher. Of course, if idiot Modell would have picked him over BB id be singing a different tune?

  • I've always preferred the FOX pregame show. They keep it light.

    Plus, I just can't stand Bill Cowher. Of course, if idiot Modell would have picked him over BB id be singing a different tune?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #8

    @bob806 said:

    ★  I've always preferred the FOX pregame show. They keep it light.

    Plus, I just can't stand Bill Cowher. Of course, if idiot Modell would have picked him over BB id be singing a different tune?

    ★  I agree with you there Bob,   I go straight to  FOX  for all pregame news and information.  

    I'm not surprised in the Eaison or Simms not being picked up after their contracts had expired.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #9

    WEB2 days ago · Michael Irvin and NFL Total Access are reportedly out at the NFL 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Ya know, I never watch pregame shows.  I turn on a football game when it's time for kick-off.  But that's just me.

  • Ya know, I never watch pregame shows.  I turn on a football game when it's time for kick-off.  But that's just me.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @orion said:

    Ya know, I never watch pregame shows.  I turn on a football game when it's time for kick-off.  But that's just me.

    I'll turn it on, but I'm usually farting around on the laptop and barely paying attention.

    It's usually Terry acting the village idiot and the weekly military story/commercial inside the pregame show and maybe a decent random point by Howie or Michael Straihan. 

    Not exactly must-see TV.

  • Ya know, I never watch pregame shows.  I turn on a football game when it's time for kick-off.  But that's just me.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    Ya know, I never watch pregame shows.  I turn on a football game when it's time for kick-off.  But that's just me.

    I am the same way.  I might catch the final 5 minutes before the game.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Fuck Boomer.. He was an over paid blow hard...

  • Fuck Boomer.. He was an over paid blow hard...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nickers said:

    Fuck Boomer.. He was an over paid blow hard...

    It's been said:  "It's a bird. It's a plane. It's.... just Esia's son."  

  • Fuck Boomer.. He was an over paid blow hard...

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by AP1
    #15

    @nickers said:

    Fuck Boomer.. He was an over paid blow hard...

    That's Norman Julius to you....