Skip to content

Drew Brees the best QB in the NFL

The Browns Board
32 13 3.0k
  • @brownindian said:

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    I think the point of his post was to show that Brees was not very good his first couple seasons of starts and then it clicked and he's been pretty damn good since. When NO got him he was already the improved version that got to play his learning years in SD.

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    I think the point of his post was to show that Brees was not very good his first couple seasons of starts and then it clicked and he's been pretty damn good since. When NO got him he was already the improved version that got to play his learning years in SD.

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    I think the point of his post was to show that Brees was not very good his first couple seasons of starts and then it clicked and he's been pretty damn good since. When NO got him he was already the improved version that got to play his learning years in SD.

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

    N NebBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #5

    AdaM said:

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

    I know...but don't let the DA groupies know that...they still think Brees has Jamarcus Russell strength.

  • AdaM said:

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

    I know...but don't let the DA groupies know that...they still think Brees has Jamarcus Russell strength.

    ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    I know...but don't let the DA groupies know that...they still think Brees has Jamarcus Russell strength.

    I have a feeling JaFat will be the first ever QB converted to defensive end.

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    I know...but don't let the DA groupies know that...they still think Brees has Jamarcus Russell strength.

    I have a feeling JaFat will be the first ever QB converted to defensive end.

    N NebBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #7

    AdaM said:

    I have a feeling JaFat will be the first ever QB converted to defensive end.

    LOL....god knows he's big enough.

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #8

    This is the ceiling argument: will your guy develop or are you wasting reps on him?

    Both our QB's are young and could (repeat "could") develop ala the Brees lines above.

    The question is where do you make your bet?

    Considering DA's systemic limitations (mobility, accuracy, and decision making) I've held the opinion that leaving a first rounder on the bench didn't make sense. If Quinn implodes it will be interesting to see what is Mangini's view of DA's ceiling. Obviously, at this time he thinks Quinn's is significantly higher or he'd have gone with the more established guy.

  • Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    T Timugen wrote on last edited by Timugen
    #9

    @brownindian said:

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    Leave.jpg

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I remember watching Drew Brees in college and wondering "Why do they think he can't play in the pros, I would take him"

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Brees has always been a baller. I've been telling people I think he's the best QB in the league and get the "you're crazy" remarks and the same old Peyton and Brady comebacks.

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    I think the point of his post was to show that Brees was not very good his first couple seasons of starts and then it clicked and he's been pretty damn good since. When NO got him he was already the improved version that got to play his learning years in SD.

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

    OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #12

    AdaM said:

    He's just crazy...anticipatory.

    Here's the thing I feel Quinn isn't doing. Frankly, I know little of the finer points of quarterbacking, but I've yet to see a simple well timed square out pattern.

  • AdaM said:

    He's just crazy...anticipatory.

    Here's the thing I feel Quinn isn't doing. Frankly, I know little of the finer points of quarterbacking, but I've yet to see a simple well timed square out pattern.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @oconrecon said:

    Here's the thing I feel Quinn isn't doing. Frankly, I know little of the finer points of quarterbacking, but I've yet to see a simple well timed square out pattern.

    In our QB's defense, who have we had to run a square out pattern? Edwards? fat chance having ANY pattern ran square by this cat, let alone to the right yard-marker so it could be timed. Cribbs? Steptoe? Stallworth?

    JJ most likely is the lone exception. Even Winslow would have to ablib so many gyrations that it wouldn't be consistient enough to time.

    Where's our Anthony Carter?

  • I remember watching Drew Brees in college and wondering "Why do they think he can't play in the pros, I would take him"

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dawgtracker said:

    I remember watching Drew Brees in college and wondering "Why do they think he can't play in the pros, I would take him"

    Me too ... I repeated it so many times, people hated Brees.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #15

    So Brees goes into the category of "developed superstar/legend" along with Eli. Yet my fellow dumb ass Browns fans cannot figure out that the real way to get the franchise QB is to pick one, and stick with them for a long while until they develop. Which is what Ive been trying to tell people about Quinn, but everyone is so damn impatient, they want the Superstar "NOW" because there spoiled with the Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the world. I dont know about you people, but I'd take a Drew Brees or an Eli Manning over either of those guys.

    Give Quinn time, and lots of it, and he will be our superstar, dont shut him out after 1 bad season, give hime a few years, if we get rid of him, he will end up just like Brees (who was given to New Orleans from San Diego). Im telling you!

  • So Brees goes into the category of "developed superstar/legend" along with Eli. Yet my fellow dumb ass Browns fans cannot figure out that the real way to get the franchise QB is to pick one, and stick with them for a long while until they develop. Which is what Ive been trying to tell people about Quinn, but everyone is so damn impatient, they want the Superstar "NOW" because there spoiled with the Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the world. I dont know about you people, but I'd take a Drew Brees or an Eli Manning over either of those guys.

    Give Quinn time, and lots of it, and he will be our superstar, dont shut him out after 1 bad season, give hime a few years, if we get rid of him, he will end up just like Brees (who was given to New Orleans from San Diego). Im telling you!

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @playgroundlegend said:

    So Brees goes into the category of "developed superstar/legend" along with Eli. Yet my fellow dumb ass Browns fans cannot figure out that the real way to get the franchise QB is to pick one, and stick with them for a long while until they develop. Which is what Ive been trying to tell people about Quinn, but everyone is so damn impatient, they want the Superstar "NOW" because there spoiled with the Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the world. I dont know about you people, but I'd take a Drew Brees or an Eli Manning over either of those guys.

    Give Quinn time, and lots of it, and he will be our superstar, dont shut him out after 1 bad season, give hime a few years, if we get rid of him, he will end up just like Brees (who was given to New Orleans from San Diego). Im telling you!

    Why you are calling people dumbasses, turn the finger on yourself Chachi. First of all, I don't think anyone here had a Browns Gm's ear on draft day, and wasn't a part of drafting or passing on any QB in the history of the NFL. Second of all, Drew Brees stood out to me in accuracy, using the whole field, knowing his offense, and reading defenses, over just about any QB I've ever seen in college football. Brady Quinn was average in this same evaulation, You don't just throw a dart at the QB draft board then roll up your sleeves and start developing no matter how many years it sets your franchise back.

    Brady Quinn is not Drew Brees/ Eli Manning with just a few more years of development. There is no secret recipe to taking any joe-shmo and developing them. Hell, if that was the case, Derek Anderson had better stats across the board than Eli manning had in his Super Bowl Winning season ... why don't we wait on DA?

    Who you calling a dumbass? I mean, that is your arguement after calling your fellow Browns fans dumbasses?

    We need to put that on our wall Al Davis style, "JUST WAIT BABY!"

  • So Brees goes into the category of "developed superstar/legend" along with Eli. Yet my fellow dumb ass Browns fans cannot figure out that the real way to get the franchise QB is to pick one, and stick with them for a long while until they develop. Which is what Ive been trying to tell people about Quinn, but everyone is so damn impatient, they want the Superstar "NOW" because there spoiled with the Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the world. I dont know about you people, but I'd take a Drew Brees or an Eli Manning over either of those guys.

    Give Quinn time, and lots of it, and he will be our superstar, dont shut him out after 1 bad season, give hime a few years, if we get rid of him, he will end up just like Brees (who was given to New Orleans from San Diego). Im telling you!

    OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @playgroundlegend said:

    So Brees goes into the category of "developed superstar/legend" along with Eli. Yet my fellow dumb ass Browns fans cannot figure out that the real way to get the franchise QB is to pick one, and stick with them for a long while until they develop. Which is what Ive been trying to tell people about Quinn, but everyone is so damn impatient, they want the Superstar "NOW" because there spoiled with the Matt Ryans and Joe Flaccos of the world. I dont know about you people, but I'd take a Drew Brees or an Eli Manning over either of those guys.

    Give Quinn time, and lots of it, and he will be our superstar, dont shut him out after 1 bad season, give hime a few years, if we get rid of him, he will end up just like Brees (who was given to New Orleans from San Diego). Im telling you!

    Agree, we need to give it some time. Nothing else makes sense.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Brees is finally getting some respect, I hated it when the Buckeyes had to play him and he would shredd our secondary.

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #19

    QUOTE (BrownIndian @ Sep 21 2009, 09:27 AM)

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

    --------------------

    "I like to quote myself." -Me

    The "big knock on his arm" was about how far could he throw not how accurate could he throw. And in NFL a better arm does not refer just to the arm strength but also the accuracy. Maybe after watching a lot of Browns game u forgot how important it is for QB's to have this thing called ACCURACY in their gamut but i did not.

  • QUOTE (BrownIndian @ Sep 21 2009, 09:27 AM)

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

    --------------------

    "I like to quote myself." -Me

    The "big knock on his arm" was about how far could he throw not how accurate could he throw. And in NFL a better arm does not refer just to the arm strength but also the accuracy. Maybe after watching a lot of Browns game u forgot how important it is for QB's to have this thing called ACCURACY in their gamut but i did not.

    T Timugen wrote on last edited by Timugen
    #20

    @brownindian said:

    QUOTE (BrownIndian @ Sep 21 2009, 09:27 AM)

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

    --------------------

    "I like to quote myself." -Me

    The "big knock on his arm" was about how far could he throw not how accurate could he throw. And in NFL a better arm does not refer just to the arm strength but also the accuracy. Maybe after watching a lot of Browns game u forgot how important it is for QB's to have this thing called ACCURACY in their gamut but i did not.

    Wow. That was a nice stretch there....I hope you didn't pull anything.

    Generally speaking, when someone is talking about a QB in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE(copyright Ron Jaworski) and they refer to his "arm" they're referring to the strength of his arm, i.e. how fast/far he can throw it.

    When one is talking about ACCURACY they refer to the QB's "accuracy," or talk about "how accurate" he is (funny how that works, isn't it.)

    Nice try at the save, though.

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    I think the point of his post was to show that Brees was not very good his first couple seasons of starts and then it clicked and he's been pretty damn good since. When NO got him he was already the improved version that got to play his learning years in SD.

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #21

    AdaM said:

    Drew bree's has a very average / weak NFL arm. He's just crazy accurate and anticipatory.

    100% wrong. He was on a show a while back and was chucking the ball 70 yards with no problem. He was also proven to throw the best spiral ever. I mean what does the guy need to do throw 100 yards on his knees?

  • @brownindian said:

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    Leave.jpg

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

    Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @timugen said:

    Leave.jpg

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

    He does not have a "weak arm". I agree. Did you see the pass he threw 2 weeks ago? The thing was on a rope from 60 yards. It was almost comical how good the pass was. The DB couldn't defend it because it got to the receiver so quick. The DB was like, "really, it got there that quick"?

  • @brownindian said:

    QUOTE (BrownIndian @ Sep 21 2009, 09:27 AM)

    Drew Brees had a better arm or a more expansive playbook which ever way u want to put it. While NO knew that their offense was a problem, they knew that Brees was part of the solution. We sadly do not.

    If you don't have a fcuking clue what you're talking about, then just hold it in. It's no state secret that Brees doesn't exactly have a cannon attached to his right shoulder. His "weak arm" was actually the big knock on him (along with his height) until he started lighting up the league.

    --------------------

    "I like to quote myself." -Me

    The "big knock on his arm" was about how far could he throw not how accurate could he throw. And in NFL a better arm does not refer just to the arm strength but also the accuracy. Maybe after watching a lot of Browns game u forgot how important it is for QB's to have this thing called ACCURACY in their gamut but i did not.

    Wow. That was a nice stretch there....I hope you didn't pull anything.

    Generally speaking, when someone is talking about a QB in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE(copyright Ron Jaworski) and they refer to his "arm" they're referring to the strength of his arm, i.e. how fast/far he can throw it.

    When one is talking about ACCURACY they refer to the QB's "accuracy," or talk about "how accurate" he is (funny how that works, isn't it.)

    Nice try at the save, though.

    BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @timugen said:

    Wow. That was a nice stretch there....I hope you didn't pull anything.

    Generally speaking, when someone is talking about a QB in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE(copyright Ron Jaworski) and they refer to his "arm" they're referring to the strength of his arm, i.e. how fast/far he can throw it.

    When one is talking about ACCURACY they refer to the QB's "accuracy," or talk about "how accurate" he is (funny how that works, isn't it.)

    Nice try at the save, though.

    forgive me if u are the one looking stupid now. If i meant stronger arm I would have said stronger arm. I said better arm. if people cant throw accurate passes although they can throw long u dont say they have better arm, u say they have a stronger arm.