Browns sign QB Jacob Sirmon
-
So much for our new starting QB
-
New Record!
Poor guy probably read our board and freaked out.
-
So much for our new starting QB
So much for our new starting QB
LOL. yeah, didn't see that one coming.
Especially since....
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-called-out-ota-debut/
'
Former NFL receiver James Jones recently called out Watson, doubting he can look like the Pro Bowl passer he once was with the Houston Texans.
“If we’re really, truly keeping it 100, Deshaun Watson has been one of the worst quarterbacks in our league,” Jones said. “And I can say that because we have seen how special he could be. Since he’s got to the Cleveland Browns, there have been a lot of ‘what are you doing’ plays. We can say eventually, the Houston dude will come back. But maybe the Houston dude is gone.”
'
-
So much for our new starting QB
LOL. yeah, didn't see that one coming.
Especially since....
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-called-out-ota-debut/
'
Former NFL receiver James Jones recently called out Watson, doubting he can look like the Pro Bowl passer he once was with the Houston Texans.
“If we’re really, truly keeping it 100, Deshaun Watson has been one of the worst quarterbacks in our league,” Jones said. “And I can say that because we have seen how special he could be. Since he’s got to the Cleveland Browns, there have been a lot of ‘what are you doing’ plays. We can say eventually, the Houston dude will come back. But maybe the Houston dude is gone.”
'
LOL. yeah, didn't see that one coming.
Especially since....
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-called-out-ota-debut/
'
Former NFL receiver James Jones recently called out Watson, doubting he can look like the Pro Bowl passer he once was with the Houston Texans.
“If we’re really, truly keeping it 100, Deshaun Watson has been one of the worst quarterbacks in our league,” Jones said. “And I can say that because we have seen how special he could be. Since he’s got to the Cleveland Browns, there have been a lot of ‘what are you doing’ plays. We can say eventually, the Houston dude will come back. But maybe the Houston dude is gone.”
As usual cal only sees what he wants to see. Not a surprise from experiences the past several years anywhere on the BB.
However I was expecting better, like multiple answers to himself. He's falling down on his job.?
-
-
I guess so. Looks like they added another kicker to compete with Cade York for the practice squad kicker spot.
I have been thinking about this and am not so sure these guys are competing for a PS position. With the new kick-off rules, kickers are going to be more involved in the actual defense of that play. I don't think the team wants Hopkins having to run around covering kicks. He is older and has a history of pulling leg muscles when he does.
Since it looks like a few more starter types will play on kick-offs, you won't need as many traditional special teams players like gunners, so teams could opt to keep a 2nd kicker on the team. A younger, more limber kicker whose job will be to kick on kick-offs and make tackles if needed, the other to do the place kicking.
New rules might require new thinking.
-
I guess so. Looks like they added another kicker to compete with Cade York for the practice squad kicker spot.
I have been thinking about this and am not so sure these guys are competing for a PS position. With the new kick-off rules, kickers are going to be more involved in the actual defense of that play. I don't think the team wants Hopkins having to run around covering kicks. He is older and has a history of pulling leg muscles when he does.
Since it looks like a few more starter types will play on kick-offs, you won't need as many traditional special teams players like gunners, so teams could opt to keep a 2nd kicker on the team. A younger, more limber kicker whose job will be to kick on kick-offs and make tackles if needed, the other to do the place kicking.
New rules might require new thinking.
New rules might require new thinking.
I was actually thinking that the kicker would have less tackling to do under the new kickoff rules since he'd be the only one set way back. He'd be the last hope...and we know how useless kickers are as the last hope. But I'm anxious to see the preseason start for to see how teams place their kickoffs as opposed to kicking it through the end zone.
-
Don't mess with the Bison
-
New rules might require new thinking.
I was actually thinking that the kicker would have less tackling to do under the new kickoff rules since he'd be the only one set way back. He'd be the last hope...and we know how useless kickers are as the last hope. But I'm anxious to see the preseason start for to see how teams place their kickoffs as opposed to kicking it through the end zone.
I was actually thinking that the kicker would have less tackling to do under the new kickoff rules since he'd be the only one set way back. He'd be the last hope...and we know how useless kickers are as the last hope. But I'm anxious to see the preseason start for to see how teams place their kickoffs as opposed to kicking it through the end zone.
I don't know all the rules to this, but if you kick it out of the endzone isn't the ball placed at the 35-40 yard line?
-
I was actually thinking that the kicker would have less tackling to do under the new kickoff rules since he'd be the only one set way back. He'd be the last hope...and we know how useless kickers are as the last hope. But I'm anxious to see the preseason start for to see how teams place their kickoffs as opposed to kicking it through the end zone.
I don't know all the rules to this, but if you kick it out of the endzone isn't the ball placed at the 35-40 yard line?
I don't know all the rules to this, but if you kick it out of the endzone isn't the ball placed at the 35-40 yard line?
It was going to be the 35 but in the 11th hour they changed it to the 30. I think I'd probably just try to kick it through the back of the end zone, but I'd try some 'stuff' during the preseason to see what happens.
-
I guess so. Looks like they added another kicker to compete with Cade York for the practice squad kicker spot.
I have been thinking about this and am not so sure these guys are competing for a PS position. With the new kick-off rules, kickers are going to be more involved in the actual defense of that play. I don't think the team wants Hopkins having to run around covering kicks. He is older and has a history of pulling leg muscles when he does.
Since it looks like a few more starter types will play on kick-offs, you won't need as many traditional special teams players like gunners, so teams could opt to keep a 2nd kicker on the team. A younger, more limber kicker whose job will be to kick on kick-offs and make tackles if needed, the other to do the place kicking.
New rules might require new thinking.
Since it looks like a few more starter types will play on kick-offs,
...from the Browns site...an article after Wednesday's OTA day.
Another look at kickoff returners
As the Browns have drilled the new kickoff rule changes, they have repped different skills players as returners. On Wednesday, WR Jamari Thrash and WR Ahmarean Brown took reps in the backfield catching the ball on the return.
Working through the kickoff changes has been an important part of the Browns offseason work, both in OTAs and minicamp, as they work through the nuances of the new rules.
"There were some ideas that we had about the play that we thought, and then you watch the guys run it live and maybe you feel a little bit differently. So, it's something that is definitely going to be evolving," head coach Kevin Stefanski said. "There's still things that we are working through and are curious about just like everybody else. But we know the rules, we know there's got to be two returners in the landing zone, so we'll work through all the details as we go."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

