Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Beginning to re-evaluate the plan.

Beginning to re-evaluate the plan.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
8 Posts 6 Posters 1.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I will be up for the Cincy game for sure.

    I had planned to catch 3-4 more games...was thinking of adding the MNF game as well.

    Based on what I have seen, I may alter those plans. Each trip costs about $1000 in round numbers.

    If I am going to take a 2-4 day trip and drop $1000, I can think of a lot of places better than Cleveland, Ohio to do so.

    This team isn't very inspiring and have done most of the visitor stuff at one time or another.

    Rock hall....check

    Nautica boat cruise...check

    Lolly the trolley....check

    Zoo...check

    Playhouse Square plays...check

    Orchestra...check

    Amish country....check

    Islands...check

    Cedar Point...check

    Museums..check

    Restaurants....been in most

    William Mather...check

    West Side Mkt....check

    Science center...that's it...haven't done that.

    If the team keeps playing like this, maybe I will try the Terminal Tower jump. 😉

    If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
      • 4k Posts
      • 139 Reputation
      ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Can't say that I blame ya Russ.

      Never thought owning season tickets would result in being this much of a chore. Sure there are still many out there that would kill to go to ANY game, but own tickets to them all for the past decade and walk out of there pissed each week, pockets emptied and suffer the drive home and cleaning out your tailgate supplies as the hang-over sets in and it just gets down right old.

      Like someone else said, They see others groups at the mixed NFL bars having a great time, high-five'in and having a good time. Rarely since 1999 have we had a really good time through four quarters of play and at the end.

      I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

      Getting up for dink-n-dunk bullshit, down by two scores in the third quarter is like getting up for a lower GI.

      WATNED: Alibi so I can hit the titty bars during the home games.

      razor1414R ballpeenB 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

        Can't say that I blame ya Russ.

        Never thought owning season tickets would result in being this much of a chore. Sure there are still many out there that would kill to go to ANY game, but own tickets to them all for the past decade and walk out of there pissed each week, pockets emptied and suffer the drive home and cleaning out your tailgate supplies as the hang-over sets in and it just gets down right old.

        Like someone else said, They see others groups at the mixed NFL bars having a great time, high-five'in and having a good time. Rarely since 1999 have we had a really good time through four quarters of play and at the end.

        I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

        Getting up for dink-n-dunk bullshit, down by two scores in the third quarter is like getting up for a lower GI.

        WATNED: Alibi so I can hit the titty bars during the home games.

        razor1414 razor1414R
        • 242 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        razor1414R razor1414 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @atenears said:

        Can't say that I blame ya Russ.

        Never thought owning season tickets would result in being this much of a chore. Sure there are still many out there that would kill to go to ANY game, but own tickets to them all for the past decade and walk out of there pissed each week, pockets emptied and suffer the drive home and cleaning out your tailgate supplies as the hang-over sets in and it just gets down right old.

        Like someone else said, They see others groups at the mixed NFL bars having a great time, high-five'in and having a good time. Rarely since 1999 have we had a really good time through four quarters of play and at the end.

        I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

        Getting up for dink-n-dunk bullshit, down by two scores in the third quarter is like getting up for a lower GI.

        WATNED: Alibi so I can hit the titty bars during the home games.

        I was there in 07' it was my first year with season tickets. walking out of the stadium cheering at the top of our lungs. I didnt mind the 2 hour drive for some of those games. Your right now, it almost seems like a chore.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Greythan G
          • 563 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          G Greythan wrote on last edited by
          #4
          I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

          Great insight into the season ticket holder. Thanks.

          Being a non-Cleveland based fan with little kids, I get one to two games a year. Its usually more on the "one" side. So, I watch our faithful on my flatscreen (purchased with the primary purpose of watching the Browns!).

          To be honest, I hadn't thought about the loyalty factor to DA for a season ticket holder and that awesome home record in '07. On TV, its on TV. You know? Yeah, you know its a home game and hear the fans, but not being there loses most of that effect.

          I can imagine being a bit more of a DA optimist if I'd gone to all/most of the home games for the past 10 years. 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • razor1414 razor1414R
            • 242 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            razor1414R razor1414 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I forgot to mention that Im not biased toward DA. Im biased toward watching a browns team win. Right now im not sure its with either guy at the helm.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • damajuki D
              • 475 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              D damajuki wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Thanks for being honest, Ate. Makes a lot more sense when a really Browns fan says it out loud.

              It is totally different as a non-invested fan. I pay for Sunday Ticket, sure, but I'm at home and I get to watch ALL the games while waiting for/after the Browns.

              I'm only REALLY annoyed for a few minutes before I get to enjoy another game.

              I never thought of what it's like for you guys. Does totally change the equation, I get that.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                Can't say that I blame ya Russ.

                Never thought owning season tickets would result in being this much of a chore. Sure there are still many out there that would kill to go to ANY game, but own tickets to them all for the past decade and walk out of there pissed each week, pockets emptied and suffer the drive home and cleaning out your tailgate supplies as the hang-over sets in and it just gets down right old.

                Like someone else said, They see others groups at the mixed NFL bars having a great time, high-five'in and having a good time. Rarely since 1999 have we had a really good time through four quarters of play and at the end.

                I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

                Getting up for dink-n-dunk bullshit, down by two scores in the third quarter is like getting up for a lower GI.

                WATNED: Alibi so I can hit the titty bars during the home games.

                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @atenears said:

                I know what you mean man, and I can imagine the work of packing the van with a bunch of stuff and unpacking the bar afterward.

                It just makes for a long 10 hour drive milling over all that went wrong trip after trip. It's one thing to come up and see a loss every now and again, but when you are heading up knowing you are going to get pasted, it's an entirely different matter.

                I think for the 5 I made last year we won one..the Giants...I don't think there were any others.

                You are right, 07 was fun...saw lots of wins that year which made the trips fun and enjoyable and probably why I too prefer DA because as you said, down by 10 in the early 4th spells doom for us as we plug away 3 yards at a clip.

                At least with him you feel you have a shot, much like the Cards game last year. Quinn couldn't make that throw to the endzone....it would be like one he threw yesterday fairly late that went 5 yards out of bounds.

                As far as alibi, I am always good for one of those with a hint of a heads up. Maybe I will join you at one of those clubs....at least we would be watching something with a little variety and bounce in it.

                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • choco chocoC
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 352 Reputation
                  chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  makes my investment of a new flatscreen and FIOS seem insignificant.....i can't really buy tickets though, cause im outta the country every xxxxing time i make plans.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate