Off Topic But Fun: Favorite Football Movies
-
Yeah, that's unfortunate about Rudy, because I've heard things about him too. Many have said he became insufferably full of himself after the movie came out, etc.
Still a great movie though.
At least we understand why his brother in the movie couldn't stand him until he had to cooperate for the happy ending. Before he was famous, Vince Vaughn was the teammate that got the QB to audible and let him throw a TD pass to give Rudy a chance to play shortly thereafter.
At least we understand why his brother in the movie couldn't stand him until he had to cooperate for the happy ending. Before he was famous, Vince Vaughn was the teammate that got the QB to audible and let him throw a TD pass to give Rudy a chance to play shortly thereafter.
Yep!
Before he was playing Dodgeball, he was being a douchebag halfback for Notre Dame. ?
-
Hot damn, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how good 'We Are Marshall' was.
-
I'm not even sure this one is worth mentioning but "School Ties" where Branden Fraser is a Jewish kid that's an excellent athlete recruited to play QB for a prep school. This school is full of rich brats that hate themselves a Jewish classmate/teammate. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Chris O'Donnell are in this movie as well.
-
I'm not even sure this one is worth mentioning but "School Ties" where Branden Fraser is a Jewish kid that's an excellent athlete recruited to play QB for a prep school. This school is full of rich brats that hate themselves a Jewish classmate/teammate. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Chris O'Donnell are in this movie as well.
I'm not even sure this one is worth mentioning but "School Ties" where Branden Fraser is a Jewish kid that's an excellent athlete recruited to play QB for a prep school. This school is full of rich brats that hate themselves a Jewish classmate/teammate. Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Chris O'Donnell are in this movie as well.
Very good movie!
-
The Replacements
Nothing beats seeing the redemption of Shane Falco
-
The Replacements
Nothing beats seeing the redemption of Shane Falco
The Replacements
Nothing beats seeing the redemption of Shane Falco
And his blonde cheerleader girlfriend wasn't hard to look at!
-
Hot damn, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how good 'We Are Marshall' was.
Hot damn, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how good 'We Are Marshall' was.
Yeah, it was. There's a lot of good football movies out there.
It was interesting to hear that stuff about Rudy. I also recently learned that things didn't unfold in real life quite like the movie "The Blind Side" made the Tuohy family out to be. This is what I found in Google about it. Oher accused the Tuohys of lying about adopting him when they became his conservators in 2004, which gave them the legal authority to make business deals in his name.Dec 6, 2023
-
Hot damn, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how good 'We Are Marshall' was.
Yeah, it was. There's a lot of good football movies out there.
It was interesting to hear that stuff about Rudy. I also recently learned that things didn't unfold in real life quite like the movie "The Blind Side" made the Tuohy family out to be. This is what I found in Google about it. Oher accused the Tuohys of lying about adopting him when they became his conservators in 2004, which gave them the legal authority to make business deals in his name.Dec 6, 2023
Yeah, it was. There's a lot of good football movies out there.
It was interesting to hear that stuff about Rudy. I also recently learned that things didn't unfold in real life quite like the movie "The Blind Side" made the Tuohy family out to be. This is what I found in Google about it. Oher accused the Tuohys of lying about adopting him when they became his conservators in 2004, which gave them the legal authority to make business deals in his name.Dec 6, 2023
The 'Blind Side' story seems to be quite the convoluted one, huh?
Were the Tuohys opportunistic do-gooders? Perhaps, but they had money before they ever set eyes on Michael Oher. Was Michael Oher ungrateful? Perhaps he felt embarrassed by the book and movie when he got older?
Was it ever found out that the Tuohys stole money from Oher?
Post script: Looked up a few stories concerning the rift between Oher and the Tuohys and man, Michael Lewis should write a 'Blind Side II' follow-up. That would be a must-read.
-
Yeah, that's unfortunate about Rudy, because I've heard things about him too. Many have said he became insufferably full of himself after the movie came out, etc.
Still a great movie though.
I thought Joe Montanna said it was all bullshit
-
-
Remember the Titans, Any Given Sunday.
One I've watched the most - Necessary Roughness with Sinbad, Scott Bakula - and a young Kathy Ireland.
-
Remember the Titans, Any Given Sunday.
One I've watched the most - Necessary Roughness with Sinbad, Scott Bakula - and a young Kathy Ireland.
Remember the Titans, Any Given Sunday.
One I've watched the most - Necessary Roughness with Sinbad, Scott Bakula - and a young Kathy Ireland.
Somehow I missed Necessary Roughness, which is weird considering I liked watching the original 'Quantum Leap' with Bakula with my dad.
-
Remember the Titans, Any Given Sunday.
One I've watched the most - Necessary Roughness with Sinbad, Scott Bakula - and a young Kathy Ireland.
Somehow I missed Necessary Roughness, which is weird considering I liked watching the original 'Quantum Leap' with Bakula with my dad.
Somehow I missed Necessary Roughness, which is weird considering I liked watching the original 'Quantum Leap' with Bakula with my dad.
Me and my brother always thought Robert Loggia (R.I.P.) was hilarious in Necessary Roughness. He had that raspy voice that was perfect for yelling at people. Also a young Jason Bateman in that movie.
-
loved The Longest Yard - would stop to watch it again if it came on.
how about 'The Best of Times"
-
'The Best of Times' is a good choice, kind of an underrated movie.
Kurt Russell was pretty convincing as an ex-high school star QB, you can tell he was an athlete in his younger years.
-
Kind of surprised that no one mentioned 'Draft Day'.
Pretty unrealistic, but entertaining anyways.
-
Kind of surprised that no one mentioned 'Draft Day'.
Pretty unrealistic, but entertaining anyways.
Kind of surprised that no one mentioned 'Draft Day'.
Pretty unrealistic, but entertaining anyways.
Yeah, I joined everyone in forgetting this one - North Dallas Forty. I forgot most of it; but it was supposed to mimic how the Dallas Cowboys were managed back in the day. I got a kick out of seeing one of the WRs they were leaning on (Nick Nolte) smoking cigarettes throughout the film in that era.
-
Kind of surprised that no one mentioned 'Draft Day'.
Pretty unrealistic, but entertaining anyways.
Yeah, I joined everyone in forgetting this one - North Dallas Forty. I forgot most of it; but it was supposed to mimic how the Dallas Cowboys were managed back in the day. I got a kick out of seeing one of the WRs they were leaning on (Nick Nolte) smoking cigarettes throughout the film in that era.
Yeah, I joined everyone in forgetting this one - North Dallas Forty. I forgot most of it; but it was supposed to mimic how the Dallas Cowboys were managed back in the day. I got a kick out of seeing one of the WRs they were leaning on (Nick Nolte) smoking cigarettes throughout the film in that era.
And of course there’s one of my all time faves Semi-Tough. Both of them ran back to back on Turner Classic Movies not long ago.
-
Yeah, I joined everyone in forgetting this one - North Dallas Forty. I forgot most of it; but it was supposed to mimic how the Dallas Cowboys were managed back in the day. I got a kick out of seeing one of the WRs they were leaning on (Nick Nolte) smoking cigarettes throughout the film in that era.
And of course there’s one of my all time faves Semi-Tough. Both of them ran back to back on Turner Classic Movies not long ago.
And of course there’s one of my all time faves Semi-Tough. Both of them ran back to back on Turner Classic Movies not long ago.
Way to go Al! I knew there was a Burt Reynolds movie I was forgetting; but each time that kept getting intercepted by The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. That's it Semi-Tough.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login