The State of the 2024 Browns: Offensive Line
-
-
-
I bet next April we go LT round 1. (an entire football season to prove me wrong...and Watson's play could affect that bet)
-
We'll want to pay attention to the part of the upcoming Seattle game with our starters on the field. I think that we have talented enough starting receivers. I feel that Foreman can be a good enough fill-in for Chubb.
My question marks are: Watson, is he really any good? Is he a smart enough QB? And is our OL good enough such that the skill level of the skilled players can shine through? So much rides on the big fat guys upfront. - For all of the current negativity regarding the OL, we haven't seen the starters play together yet.
-
The Browns OL supposedly did not look good during 11 on 11 drills on day 1 of joint practices with the Vikings.
From what a local beat reporter said today on The Fan, the offense in general has looked very pedestrian.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stefanski and Watson are a bad fit. I am not optimistic that magically they will be on the same page, and I have some doubts that Ken Dorsey really added much to the overall picture.
From what a local beat reporter said today on The Fan, the offense in general has looked very pedestrian.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stefanski and Watson are a bad fit. I am not optimistic that magically they will be on the same page, and I have some doubts that Ken Dorsey really added much to the overall picture.
To be fair, I think I've heard that every year since the pandemic and it never is that significantly true. The Browns were 10th in PPG last year despite playing 5 QB's as we know. I don't disagree with the latter point, though. It's wild how much more efficient the offense looked with Flacco.
I didn't watch swaths of the preseason game 2, but man the depth at tackle is no bueno. Hudson is the definition of a turnstile, and losing Callahan is seemingly already showing its downsides. I still have some faith in Dawand Jones, but it's safe to say Wills despite the ups and down will be a significantly important player this year.
-
From what a local beat reporter said today on The Fan, the offense in general has looked very pedestrian.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Stefanski and Watson are a bad fit. I am not optimistic that magically they will be on the same page, and I have some doubts that Ken Dorsey really added much to the overall picture.
To be fair, I think I've heard that every year since the pandemic and it never is that significantly true. The Browns were 10th in PPG last year despite playing 5 QB's as we know. I don't disagree with the latter point, though. It's wild how much more efficient the offense looked with Flacco.
I didn't watch swaths of the preseason game 2, but man the depth at tackle is no bueno. Hudson is the definition of a turnstile, and losing Callahan is seemingly already showing its downsides. I still have some faith in Dawand Jones, but it's safe to say Wills despite the ups and down will be a significantly important player this year.
To be fair, I think I've heard that every year since the pandemic and it never is that significantly true. The Browns were 10th in PPG last year despite playing 5 QB's as we know. I don't disagree with the latter point, though. It's wild how much more efficient the offense looked with Flacco.
I didn't watch swaths of the preseason game 2, but man the depth at tackle is no bueno. Hudson is the definition of a turnstile, and losing Callahan is seemingly already showing its downsides. I still have some faith in Dawand Jones, but it's safe to say Wills despite the ups and down will be a significantly important player this year.
Good points in those 1st few sentences up top JRB. Left Tackle has been a need; but we paid and committed the guy. Seems strange to want a QB sooooo bad that all you care to protect him on the blind side with is Jedrick Wills. As bad as LT is - the Browns have 2 Pro Bowl Guards + 2 very good RTs (if we can keep at least 1 of them healthy). Both guys are very good run blockers. The question is - how much did last year's knee injuries/surgeries change this? Pocic is solid at Center. My guess is the OL should be able to perform like they did last year. We shall see...
-
To be fair, I think I've heard that every year since the pandemic and it never is that significantly true. The Browns were 10th in PPG last year despite playing 5 QB's as we know. I don't disagree with the latter point, though. It's wild how much more efficient the offense looked with Flacco.
I didn't watch swaths of the preseason game 2, but man the depth at tackle is no bueno. Hudson is the definition of a turnstile, and losing Callahan is seemingly already showing its downsides. I still have some faith in Dawand Jones, but it's safe to say Wills despite the ups and down will be a significantly important player this year.
Good points in those 1st few sentences up top JRB. Left Tackle has been a need; but we paid and committed the guy. Seems strange to want a QB sooooo bad that all you care to protect him on the blind side with is Jedrick Wills. As bad as LT is - the Browns have 2 Pro Bowl Guards + 2 very good RTs (if we can keep at least 1 of them healthy). Both guys are very good run blockers. The question is - how much did last year's knee injuries/surgeries change this? Pocic is solid at Center. My guess is the OL should be able to perform like they did last year. We shall see...
Good points in those 1st few sentences up top JRB. Left Tackle has been a need; but we paid and committed the guy. Seems strange to want a QB sooooo bad that all you care to protect him on the blind side with is Jedrick Wills. As bad as LT is - the Browns have 2 Pro Bowl Guards + 2 very good RTs (if we can keep at least 1 of them healthy). Both guys are very good run blockers. The question is - how much did last year's knee injuries/surgeries change this? Pocic is solid at Center. My guess is the OL should be able to perform like they did last year. We shall see...
Yep, but you are also correct in the silver lining that 4 of the 5 positions have very solid starters. There's always some ways to shield that with how to establish the pocket, but my radar will be fully locked on LT week one.
I do wonder if they kick the tires on one of the vets still out there in Bahktiari, Donovan Smith, or Leno Jr. I don't get to follow this stuff nearly as closely to know if that's even worth considering though- I just know I watched enough of Hudson to hope there's an upgrade somewhere.
-
-
As injuries continue to pile up along the offensive line for the Cleveland Browns, they are close to getting one back on the field as right tackle Jack Conklin went through a workout with the training staff for the first time this summer.
The Browns are being forced to give starting reps to Germain Ifedi at left tackle this week due to the multitude of injuries on their depth chart at the offensive tackle position. Getting Conklin back would be a huge relief before we get to Week 1 against the Dallas Cowboys.
Starting left tackle Jedrick Wills has yet to return to practice after a Week 9 injury a year ago, so getting a savvy veteran who is also a two-time All-Pro back gives the Browns at least some insurance moving forward. If Wills is healthy, Conklin would likely become the swing tackle behind Dawand Jones and the former 10th overall pick, but given the need to win now and the insurance needed in the tackle room, the Browns would be highly unlikely to move him.
However, step one is getting back on the field and off the PUP list. Conklin is one step closer to doing that.
-
-
Zak Zinter already looking the part of a future starting guard
He was a guaranteed First Round Pick until the Ohio State.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
