The State of the 2024 Browns: Running Backs and Tight Ends
-
Who was the guy that we had for a couple of season and let walk away to the Saints? He was a good pass catcher and a good blocker. Well rounded. And a hell of a nice guy. I was pissed that we didn't offer to keep him.
The last TE i can remember as a brown, that could block was Darren Fells in 2018.
Height: 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) Weight: 270 lb (122 kg) ^^Harrison Bryant was asked to be a inline blocking TE at 6'5 230 lbs. Personally, I don't think Bryant could add the bulk nor weight needed & Berry is still looking to add a blocking TE via cuts/FA
-
-
zaire should have been aware of where watson was.
I'm good with that. Instead of heading back to the 2nd base position Zaire should've been sent to Left Out.
But tell me, wouldn't Watson getting injured on that softball play be so Brownian? I mean, aren't we all half expecting the next setback in the Watson trade saga?
-
zaire should have been aware of where watson was.
I'm good with that. Instead of heading back to the 2nd base position Zaire should've been sent to Left Out.
But tell me, wouldn't Watson getting injured on that softball play be so Brownian? I mean, aren't we all half expecting the next setback in the Watson trade saga?
I'm good with that. Instead of heading back to the 2nd base position Zaire should've been sent to Left Out.
But tell me, wouldn't Watson getting injured on that softball play be so Brownian? I mean, aren't we all half expecting the next setback in the Watson trade saga?
? Almost makes me wonder if sky diving is on Watson's pre-training camp bucket list too.
-
zaire should have been aware of where watson was.
I'm good with that. Instead of heading back to the 2nd base position Zaire should've been sent to Left Out.
But tell me, wouldn't Watson getting injured on that softball play be so Brownian? I mean, aren't we all half expecting the next setback in the Watson trade saga?
-
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
-
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
I hope you are right. I have read up on are new backs. Do they seem promising ? maybe. As for now they are just some guy's. Of course I hold our running backs in high esteem.
-
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
Appreciate that!
Well said about Foreman! I think this RB group is underrated (if/when they get situational roles that fit what they do best); but I kinda like that. I could see Foreman getting the most carries and Ford and Hines catching a lot of passes (which both guys do well).
-
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
Very good points @tiamat63! Hines was great at it in Indy! Good hands and tremendous speed. This was and probably still is a 4.3 speed guy. When Jonathan Taylor came along with similar quicks - Indy went more 1 stop shopping (via Taylor doing most to all of it). However, the wear and tear from the full workload had Taylor missing more games to injury than they planned for. By then, I think Hines had moved on.
Looking forward to seeing D'Onta move the pile like a T'Onka Truck and blessing us with the pass pro you mentioned. I'm more worried about the health of our Tackles than the underrated depth of the RB position.
-
Good write up.
Although, to follow up with your questions about RB production. I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit. He really can produce efficiently, and has before behind very questionable Lines. I believe he could be a 1k yard back, health permitting.
Ford might get the nod because he's Berry's pick and has more time with this team, but D'Onta will make noise with the opportunities he'll get. On top of being a good pass protector.
As for receiving production from the backfield? Hines. If Hines is healthy, he's good in short space.
I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit.
I agree. I think that he could be a force for us...if the OL can play near it's potential. I think Ford is going to have to be at the top of his game with Foreman on board. Of course playing time for these backs all depend on Chubb's availability.
-
Another killer write up. I’m rooting like hell for Chubb but l suspect it could be another season before we see the 5.0 avg Chubb.
I don’t know much about D’onta Foreman but his name reminds me of Red Foreman from That 70s Show so l assumed he would be bald and surly. He’s not. He has a lot of hair and a sunny disposition.
It’s been fun watching Njoku’s journey with the team, from the toolsy but raw rookie with some dropsy problems to the juggernaut he is now. How many times was he discussed as trade bait? He had some low points with the team so good to see him and us seeing success.
Giovanni Ricci sounds like a guy who should be making designer fedoras. That’s a lovely hat. Why thank you, it’s a Giovanni Ricci.
Can we go ahead and dub him the Italian Stallion?
-
I feel Foreman is being overlooked quite a bit.
I agree. I think that he could be a force for us...if the OL can play near it's potential. I think Ford is going to have to be at the top of his game with Foreman on board. Of course playing time for these backs all depend on Chubb's availability.
I agree. I think that he could be a force for us...if the OL can play near it's potential. I think Ford is going to have to be at the top of his game with Foreman on board. Of course playing time for these backs all depend on Chubb's availability.
I could see Foreman and Ford splitting carries and being about equal in usage. I could see both getting around 700 yards each on the ground. As for Nick, he is out of mind for me. If he comes back, Great, but I am not counting on it. I would characterize it as hopeful.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
