Skip to content

Mangini....lost players already?

The Browns Board
78 31 4.6k
  • @jadbf said:

    well you didn't seem to be grasping a simple point.....

    Me? my point has nothing to do with water or fines....

  • @solon16 said:

    Really? you don't comprehend the bigger picture I'm speaking to? Like i said just throwing it out there....moves like this are detrimental IMO.

    You're focusing on the incident.

    This is the bigger picture.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    If they want to skip out on the bill while representing the Browns, it oughta sting a bit.

    @legacy-fan said:

    You're focusing on the incident.

    This is the bigger picture.

    lol it's my thread.... you are focusing on the incident....wow.... I guess I'm the only one that thinks being a dick boss hurts your team! Discipline is one thing, correct accountability is one thing...treating players like orphgan children doesn't inspire them...like i said it is my opinion, and I think I am right. 😛

  • @legacy-fan said:

    You're focusing on the incident.

    This is the bigger picture.

    lol it's my thread.... you are focusing on the incident....wow.... I guess I'm the only one that thinks being a dick boss hurts your team! Discipline is one thing, correct accountability is one thing...treating players like orphgan children doesn't inspire them...like i said it is my opinion, and I think I am right. 😛

    @solon16 said:

    lol it's my thread.... you are focusing on the incident....wow

    Your thread? Yeah, I know, it's a thread, not your child. I've addressed this. Try and keep up.

    Wow?

    I can't believe I'm wasting the time, but:

    It's not about:

    1. The player

    2. Mangini

    3. The flavor of water

    4. The amount of the fine

    5. Playing hard

    6. Giving up on Sunday because your feelings got hurt over a fine

    7. Maybe wishing you were playing for Belichoke because he wins

    8. Maybe wishing you've been in a Superbowl or not

    It is about:

    Representing the Browns. Plain and simple.

  • @solon16 said:

    lol it's my thread.... you are focusing on the incident....wow

    Your thread? Yeah, I know, it's a thread, not your child. I've addressed this. Try and keep up.

    Wow?

    I can't believe I'm wasting the time, but:

    It's not about:

    1. The player

    2. Mangini

    3. The flavor of water

    4. The amount of the fine

    5. Playing hard

    6. Giving up on Sunday because your feelings got hurt over a fine

    7. Maybe wishing you were playing for Belichoke because he wins

    8. Maybe wishing you've been in a Superbowl or not

    It is about:

    Representing the Browns. Plain and simple.

    @legacy-fan said:

    Your thread? Yeah, I know, it's a thread, not your child. I've addressed this. Try and keep up.

    Wow?

    I can't believe I'm wasting the time, but:

    It's not about:

    1. The player

    2. Mangini

    3. The flavor of water

    4. The amount of the fine

    5. Playing hard

    6. Giving up on Sunday because your feelings got hurt over a fine

    7. Maybe wishing you were playing for Belichoke because he wins

    8. Maybe wishing you've been in a Superbowl or not

    It is about:

    Representing the Browns. Plain and simple.

    fail...

    No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it

  • @jadbf said:

    Right your point is Mangini was being a dick over something that has nothing to do with making a football player a better player.

    Am I aright?

    here is my point AGAin:

    My point isn't about water, It is a conglomeration of things under EM that I see that can make guys not want to play for him...Number 1 being treating players like children, #2 Micromanage the passion, fun out of football for players(it's a game, have to have fun playing it on Sunday at the very least), being a dick as coach! Now some of you say it's right , some say it's wrong....I'm saying it is a good way to lose a team!

  • @legacy-fan said:

    Your thread? Yeah, I know, it's a thread, not your child. I've addressed this. Try and keep up.

    Wow?

    I can't believe I'm wasting the time, but:

    It's not about:

    1. The player

    2. Mangini

    3. The flavor of water

    4. The amount of the fine

    5. Playing hard

    6. Giving up on Sunday because your feelings got hurt over a fine

    7. Maybe wishing you were playing for Belichoke because he wins

    8. Maybe wishing you've been in a Superbowl or not

    It is about:

    Representing the Browns. Plain and simple.

    fail...

    No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it

    @jadbf said:

    BTW this was your opening to this thread right?

    sure sounds like it's about the water to me....

    It was the opening, and apparently he's got it locked & loaded on the ole' copy & paster ready to dump into the thread when he needs to stick his fingers in his ears & stomp his feet.

    @solon16 said:

    fail...

    No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it

  • i am the only one who thinks this way.....I'm sure! Just throwing it out there....It's funny how the same guys on here tell me I'm wrong...always the same.

  • @jadbf said:

    Again, Coughlin was "no fun". Bellicheck was "no fun".

    Now how are they regarded?

    Winning football games is about building a system that uses the players you chose to the best of thier abilities and about the ability to find the best players out there. No Rah Rah "lets run through walls together" coach is any better at getting thier teams to win. Coaches that win have a system and they get players to buy into their system.

    You're opinion many be that Mangini's way of doing things won't get players to "buy in". My opinion is that it's important that the players know that EVERY part of the system is eqally important, and that players can't "pick and chose" which parts they want to "buy in" to. And he's going to be a dick about it more in the beigning of his tenure than he will once players start to understand him.

    But if players DON'T respect the simplest rules, why would he expect them to follow the ones that make them better football players?

    spelling(beigning ) and caps...nice...lol 😛

  • I some how doubt the fine came as a surprise to the player. I'd venture a guess that Mangini has told the players what he would fine for violation of any team rules. In which case, you broke the rules, you pay the fine.

  • So Mangini imposed a fine that maybe got the player to think LESS about the specifics of the bottle of water, and more about the over all point he is trying to make.

    Exactly my point Golf....the point Em is making, isn't a point that makes a guy run through a wall for you, buy into the system, want to help your coach succeed...etc Not about water or a fine.

    @solon16 said:

    So Mangini imposed a fine that maybe got the player to think LESS about the specifics of the bottle of water, and more about the over all point he is trying to make.

    Exactly my point Golf....the point Em is making, isn't a point that makes a guy run through a wall for you, buy into the system, want to help your coach succeed...etc Not about water or a fine.

    You know, I look at this from just about the exact opposite direction.

    If you want a team full of criminals, let 'em do what they want and go unpuninshed or receive trivail acknowledgement that they're screwing with the organization.

    My suspicion is that there are a bunch of players on the team that are quietly happy their teammate got blasted for trying to skip out on the bill. They know now that the organization is going to expect everyone to play within the same set of rules they're playing by. Once everyone's on the same page it could quite possibly make for a more cohesive unit.

  • This team Quit in the 4th Qtr in Denver. I'm saying it...I think it's true. No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it....1700.00 for water??? wat a douche

    @solon16 said:

    This team Quit in the 4th Qtr in Denver. I'm saying it...I think it's true. No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it....1700.00 for water??? wat a douche

    This team did NOT quit. Give Denver credit for making some plays.. They are nfl athletes after all.... The D was tired... not their fault. It happens when you get dominated in time of posession.

    As for the water.. What a knee jerk reaction Solon.. and I use the word JERK in the pun sense also.. You do not know the whole story.. Perhaps this player has done this in the past.. would that make a difference? YES. Perhaps Mangini made some statement regarding mini bars that the player broke..

    Fact is; it is a matter of integrity.. The player did not have it.. he was not honest about what was used... You don't forget about taking things from the mini bar. I have been in many hotels.. I do not forget.. the player did not forget.. The hotel asks when you check out?? You tell them what you used..it's very simple concept. OR... Perhaps the player took it from some one elses mini bar as a joke and the other player got it on his bill..so mangini came down on the jokester.. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.. you are making assumptions...

    As for losing the team.. again you are making assumptions.. We have played 2 games.. to say the coach has lost the team is a ridiculous statement.. Romeo would have swept this under the rug, given the player a hug and paid for the water out of his own pocket. That's why he sucked.. he wanted to be everyones best friend and had no discipline.

    I have not heard ONE player say he is not having fun . Yet you make this claim... . I have heard them say LOSING is not fun.. there is a world of difference.

    Mangini is not treating them like children.. if he did, he would have just said " it's ok, pay for the water, no big deal"...........NO he is treating them like MEN and demanding that they be accountable for their actions..that's what men do..

    INTEGRITY DEFINED: doing the right thing, even when no one else is watching..

    That is what is expected.. I HAIL Mangini for being a man and treating his players like men. I love what he is doing..

  • Im not for fining players for taking a bottle of water but i am for fining these untalented boobs for dropped passes and penalties many of our players have no passion for the game and are only loyal to their paycheck i think mangini sucks for fining a player for taking water while letting these slouches get by with playing bad football without a fine or punishment associated to it...take back their unearned dollars for bad play!

    I am beginning to genuinely question mangini's football IQ at this point its possible we could be in for another 4 years and out regime..it wont be as bad as rac but it is going to be boring with lackluster gutless football on the offensive side...

  • @ sez...to say the coach has lost the team is a ridiculous statement.. I never did.

  • It's still too early to tell, but the early returns aren't terribly promising. Heck, even Belichick has learned not to micro-manage his teams like this. There's accountability and then there's doing the "Hey, never forget that I'm in charge here!" thing. The first one works, the second one hardly ever does. Making the rookies go to his kids' camp, micromanaging the locker room, fining people for water.

    But hey, all that accountability is turning the team into a winner, right? I mean, sure, they're 0-2 right now, but they're showing a lot of progress.

    Dennis

    We hired the wrong Ryan. Not that he's the subject of the OP, but we did.

    @dencyguy said:

    It's still too early to tell, but the early returns aren't terribly promising. Heck, even Belichick has learned not to micro-manage his teams like this. There's accountability and then there's doing the "Hey, never forget that I'm in charge here!" thing. The first one works, the second one hardly ever does. Making the rookies go to his kids' camp, micromanaging the locker room, fining people for water.

    But hey, all that accountability is turning the team into a winner, right? I mean, sure, they're 0-2 right now, but they're showing a lot of progress.

    Dennis

    We hired the wrong Ryan. Not that he's the subject of the OP, but we did.

    They couldn't have hired the other Ryan anyway.

  • @ sez...to say the coach has lost the team is a ridiculous statement.. I never did.

    @solon16 said:

    @ sez...to say the coach has lost the team is a ridiculous statement.. I never did.

    the title of your thread says "lost players already" .. to me that means you are losing the team.....

  • @solon16 said:

    @ sez...to say the coach has lost the team is a ridiculous statement.. I never did.

    the title of your thread says "lost players already" .. to me that means you are losing the team.....

    @sez.ej said:

    the title of your thread says "lost players already" .. to me that means you are losing the team.....

    Do you know what a question mark means?

  • @sez.ej said:

    the title of your thread says "lost players already" .. to me that means you are losing the team.....

    Do you know what a question mark means?

    @solon16 said:

    Do you know what a question mark means?

    Yes..it means your trying to make a statement and still give yourself room to try to squirm out of it. I am taking it at face value that you seem to believe he is losing the team. saying the team quit etc.. .otherwise you would not have made the post. I disagree. You also make all these insinuations and guesses about the water bottle fine..... something you know nothing about..saying the players are not having any fun.the. So sue me for calling you on it... Posts like your piss me off because they are only stiring up crap with stupid rumours that have no foundation based upon anthing resembling a fact.

  • GDAM you are fkn dense...I've explained it a hundred fkn times...Moves like that are a great way to lose the team!!! try and fkn read b4 you throw bullshit.......I'm finished trying to explain it any further.....BRICK WALL!

  • GDAM you are fkn dense...I've explained it a hundred fkn times...Moves like that are a great way to lose the team!!! try and fkn read b4 you throw bullshit.......I'm finished trying to explain it any further.....BRICK WALL!

    @solon16 said:

    GDAM you are fkn dense...I've explained it a hundred fkn times...Moves like that are a great way to lose the team!!! try and fkn read b4 you throw bullshit.......I'm finished trying to explain it any further.....BRICK WALL!

    YOu have explained NOTHING..just throwning about rumours.

  • I explained my opinion... PERIOD! 🙄