Mangini....lost players already?
-
Your thread? Yeah, I know, it's a thread, not your child. I've addressed this. Try and keep up.
Wow?
I can't believe I'm wasting the time, but:
It's not about:
1. The player
2. Mangini
3. The flavor of water
4. The amount of the fine
5. Playing hard
6. Giving up on Sunday because your feelings got hurt over a fine
7. Maybe wishing you were playing for Belichoke because he wins
8. Maybe wishing you've been in a Superbowl or not
It is about:
Representing the Browns. Plain and simple.
fail...
No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it
@jadbf said:
BTW this was your opening to this thread right?sure sounds like it's about the water to me....
It was the opening, and apparently he's got it locked & loaded on the ole' copy & paster ready to dump into the thread when he needs to stick his fingers in his ears & stomp his feet.
fail...
No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it
-
@jadbf said:
Again, Coughlin was "no fun". Bellicheck was "no fun".Now how are they regarded?
Winning football games is about building a system that uses the players you chose to the best of thier abilities and about the ability to find the best players out there. No Rah Rah "lets run through walls together" coach is any better at getting thier teams to win. Coaches that win have a system and they get players to buy into their system.
You're opinion many be that Mangini's way of doing things won't get players to "buy in". My opinion is that it's important that the players know that EVERY part of the system is eqally important, and that players can't "pick and chose" which parts they want to "buy in" to. And he's going to be a dick about it more in the beigning of his tenure than he will once players start to understand him.
But if players DON'T respect the simplest rules, why would he expect them to follow the ones that make them better football players?
spelling(beigning ) and caps...nice...lol

-
So Mangini imposed a fine that maybe got the player to think LESS about the specifics of the bottle of water, and more about the over all point he is trying to make.
Exactly my point Golf....the point Em is making, isn't a point that makes a guy run through a wall for you, buy into the system, want to help your coach succeed...etc Not about water or a fine.
So Mangini imposed a fine that maybe got the player to think LESS about the specifics of the bottle of water, and more about the over all point he is trying to make.
Exactly my point Golf....the point Em is making, isn't a point that makes a guy run through a wall for you, buy into the system, want to help your coach succeed...etc Not about water or a fine.
You know, I look at this from just about the exact opposite direction.
If you want a team full of criminals, let 'em do what they want and go unpuninshed or receive trivail acknowledgement that they're screwing with the organization.
My suspicion is that there are a bunch of players on the team that are quietly happy their teammate got blasted for trying to skip out on the bill. They know now that the organization is going to expect everyone to play within the same set of rules they're playing by. Once everyone's on the same page it could quite possibly make for a more cohesive unit.
-
This team Quit in the 4th Qtr in Denver. I'm saying it...I think it's true. No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it....1700.00 for water??? wat a douche
This team Quit in the 4th Qtr in Denver. I'm saying it...I think it's true. No fun at all to play for EM. Now he finesplayers Mximum allowed under collective bargaining agreement 1700 Bux ... for not paying for water? Fine them the cost of the water and time associated fixing situation...1700.00 That's just a Dick move! Moves like this cause players to quit, treating these players like children causes players to quit, DUDE needs to realize that getting the most out of a team means they want to play for you, for the team, for the town and have a ball doing it....1700.00 for water??? wat a douche
This team did NOT quit. Give Denver credit for making some plays.. They are nfl athletes after all.... The D was tired... not their fault. It happens when you get dominated in time of posession.
As for the water.. What a knee jerk reaction Solon.. and I use the word JERK in the pun sense also.. You do not know the whole story.. Perhaps this player has done this in the past.. would that make a difference? YES. Perhaps Mangini made some statement regarding mini bars that the player broke..
Fact is; it is a matter of integrity.. The player did not have it.. he was not honest about what was used... You don't forget about taking things from the mini bar. I have been in many hotels.. I do not forget.. the player did not forget.. The hotel asks when you check out?? You tell them what you used..it's very simple concept. OR... Perhaps the player took it from some one elses mini bar as a joke and the other player got it on his bill..so mangini came down on the jokester.. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.. you are making assumptions...
As for losing the team.. again you are making assumptions.. We have played 2 games.. to say the coach has lost the team is a ridiculous statement.. Romeo would have swept this under the rug, given the player a hug and paid for the water out of his own pocket. That's why he sucked.. he wanted to be everyones best friend and had no discipline.
I have not heard ONE player say he is not having fun . Yet you make this claim... . I have heard them say LOSING is not fun.. there is a world of difference.
Mangini is not treating them like children.. if he did, he would have just said " it's ok, pay for the water, no big deal"...........NO he is treating them like MEN and demanding that they be accountable for their actions..that's what men do..
INTEGRITY DEFINED: doing the right thing, even when no one else is watching..
That is what is expected.. I HAIL Mangini for being a man and treating his players like men. I love what he is doing..
-
Im not for fining players for taking a bottle of water but i am for fining these untalented boobs for dropped passes and penalties many of our players have no passion for the game and are only loyal to their paycheck i think mangini sucks for fining a player for taking water while letting these slouches get by with playing bad football without a fine or punishment associated to it...take back their unearned dollars for bad play!
I am beginning to genuinely question mangini's football IQ at this point its possible we could be in for another 4 years and out regime..it wont be as bad as rac but it is going to be boring with lackluster gutless football on the offensive side...
-
It's still too early to tell, but the early returns aren't terribly promising. Heck, even Belichick has learned not to micro-manage his teams like this. There's accountability and then there's doing the "Hey, never forget that I'm in charge here!" thing. The first one works, the second one hardly ever does. Making the rookies go to his kids' camp, micromanaging the locker room, fining people for water.
But hey, all that accountability is turning the team into a winner, right? I mean, sure, they're 0-2 right now, but they're showing a lot of progress.
Dennis
We hired the wrong Ryan. Not that he's the subject of the OP, but we did.
It's still too early to tell, but the early returns aren't terribly promising. Heck, even Belichick has learned not to micro-manage his teams like this. There's accountability and then there's doing the "Hey, never forget that I'm in charge here!" thing. The first one works, the second one hardly ever does. Making the rookies go to his kids' camp, micromanaging the locker room, fining people for water.
But hey, all that accountability is turning the team into a winner, right? I mean, sure, they're 0-2 right now, but they're showing a lot of progress.
Dennis
We hired the wrong Ryan. Not that he's the subject of the OP, but we did.
They couldn't have hired the other Ryan anyway.
-
-
Do you know what a question mark means?
Yes..it means your trying to make a statement and still give yourself room to try to squirm out of it. I am taking it at face value that you seem to believe he is losing the team. saying the team quit etc.. .otherwise you would not have made the post. I disagree. You also make all these insinuations and guesses about the water bottle fine..... something you know nothing about..saying the players are not having any fun.the. So sue me for calling you on it... Posts like your piss me off because they are only stiring up crap with stupid rumours that have no foundation based upon anthing resembling a fact.
-
GDAM you are fkn dense...I've explained it a hundred fkn times...Moves like that are a great way to lose the team!!! try and fkn read b4 you throw bullshit.......I'm finished trying to explain it any further.....BRICK WALL!
-
Continuing the vein of this is about the team - the Browns - and not about anything else:
E Wright just tweeted that he's getting fined for a Uni violation (pants too short). Then in some bizzare out of body experience realizes that tweeting about it might not be a good idea, but good judgement be damned, continues with the tweet. Enjoy:
From: @ithinkurwright
Sent: Sep 22, 2009 4:25p
"Your pants failed to cover the knee area"... Wow jus steal 5stacks from me.. Smh.. Hope I dont get fined for this tweet on top of that. lol
-
And I hate to be a poor winner, but you're wrong:
Elam the Proud owner of a $1700 water bottle
Sources say that player is safety Abram Elam. After a road game in the preseason, the player in question didn't pay for a $3 bottle of water in the team hotel.
Mangini fined him the maximum allowed by the league.
"I will say that I don't like taking players' money," Mangini said. "Rules are clearly laid out and clearly explained. The expectations are explained. I don't ask players any more than anyone in society is asked to do.
"When you go to hotels, you pay your incidentals. You don't park in handicap zones. I believe in that. People in the organization should have that respect. I'll keep demanding that we have mature, responsible people as part of the Browns. I make no apologies for that."

-
Continuing the vein of this is about the team - the Browns - and not about anything else:
E Wright just tweeted that he's getting fined for a Uni violation (pants too short). Then in some bizzare out of body experience realizes that tweeting about it might not be a good idea, but good judgement be damned, continues with the tweet. Enjoy:
From: @ithinkurwright
Sent: Sep 22, 2009 4:25p
"Your pants failed to cover the knee area"... Wow jus steal 5stacks from me.. Smh.. Hope I dont get fined for this tweet on top of that. lol
Continuing the vein of this is about the team - the Browns - and not about anything else:
E Wright just tweeted that he's getting fined for a Uni violation (pants too short). Then in some bizzare out of body experience realizes that tweeting about it might not be a good idea, but good judgement be damned, continues with the tweet. Enjoy:
If the rules are cover the knees, it is pretty simple to follow..it isn't hard to understand....they tell you the expectation and then it is up to you to meet that expectation.
It isn't hard stuff.....it simply boils down to attitude..some parents didn't prepare their children for how things really are.
There are expectations and rules if real life.
"That's ok" and "You're special" doesn't prepare kids for real life experience.
-
Fine for the water .... team & player learns.... message sent .... issue done. If I were a player earning the $$ they do, the fine is relative to the infraction. Or else find a new job if you dont agree. And yea if thats what you think bein a dick is, well so be it. I can tell you held no position of authority in your life, otherwise I think you would nt be so one sided. JMO.
Eat shit, you don't know one thing about me...."I can tell you held no position of authority in your life" FK YOU....Dead wrong. Assjole thing to say tho...
My point isn't about water, It is a conglomeration of things under EM that I see that can make guys not want to play for him...Number 1 being treating players like children, #2 Micromanage the passion, fun out of football for players(it's a game, have to have fun playing it on Sunday at the very least), being a dick as coach! Now some of you say it's right , some say it's wrong....I'm saying it is a good way to lose a team!
Eat shit, you don't know one thing about me...."I can tell you held no position of authority in your life" FK YOU....Dead wrong. Assjole thing to say tho...
My point isn't about water, It is a conglomeration of things under EM that I see that can make guys not want to play for him...Number 1 being treating players like children, #2 Micromanage the passion, fun out of football for players(it's a game, have to have fun playing it on Sunday at the very least), being a dick as coach! Now some of you say it's right , some say it's wrong....I'm saying it is a good way to lose a team!
Sgt Hulka " relax Francis"

your right I dont know you, but your post also said "just throwing it out there" then you went right at it with an attack on the merits of the fine.
I think if any coach wants to impress upon his team what he expects of his players, on and off the field right down to the small stupid stuff, like water, I think EM is doing it right. He will teach them something along the way,like integrity and honesty.
I remember how embarrassing it mustve felt for [then Vikings HC] Mike Tice when he had the sudden realization that he didnt have ANY impression on his players when a 1/3 of them were sailing on the Love boat.
As far as EM is concerned .. HELL- if any player(s) wont play hard for him, then he'll say SEEYAA
-
This town kills me. Everytime our team sucks, out come the fans who don't know what they are watching to blame it on the coach.
It can't have anything to do with 10 years worth of bad drafts or poor execution. This is what it would look like if you feilded a college team. You call the plays, and some dumbass player screws it up and and makes evryone look stupid. You guys got want you wanted. Cribbs at WR and Brady at QB. What do you have to complain about? Oh wait? Were those bad ideas? Hmm. Maybe we don't know as much as we think. Or maybe we just need to put ALL of the back-ups in and then we will start beating the Steelers! Yes! That's it!
Yes I'm being a prick and I apologize but you must realize something before you get all carried away. Half of these players will be unemployed next year. Mangini hasn't gotten fired up yet because he, like most of us, knows this will be a 16 game scouting session. He's doing what he can with what he has. And it aint much. None of us knows what kind of coach he will be here but we can look at what Rex Ryan is doing with Mangini's team out in NY and feel pretty good about our chances. The incredibly strict rules are not so he can say "I'm in charge here". They are to seperate the men from the boys and find "players who love the game". How many players did he bring with him from the Jets? If he was so naive, so unfair and terrible. Who would want to come to a 4-12 team to rebuild for two years, leave NYC AND play for such a person?
THINK. It won't hurt you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
