Skip to content

Former kicker Phil Dawson announced as the next member of Browns Legends

The Browns Board
5 5 441
  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Browns: Kicker Phil Dawson announced as next member of Browns Legends (usatoday.com)

    Until recently, there haven’t been many stretches of Cleveland Browns football that are fondly remembered. In fact, there haven’t been many players who were consistently good during that time period. But kicker Phil Dawson was among the few bright spots during those dark years of Browns football.

    The team announced on Tuesday that Dawson will join the 2024 class of Browns Legends and will be honored during halftime of the Week 3 matchup with the New York Giants. Dawson officially retired from the NFL in 2019 after signing a one day with the Browns to retire as a member of the team.

    All told, Dawson played 14 seasons with the Cleveland Browns from 1999 until 2012 before he left to play for San Francisco. Over his 20 seasons in the NFL, Dawson completed 83.8 percent of his field goal attempts and 97.6 percent of his extra-point attempts.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Phil “The Human Battering Ram” Dawson! Love that guy. Absolutely well deserved. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #3

    In an article that I read he mentioned the Buffalo game and stated that he had no business making either of those kicks in that 8-0 win.  I distinctly remember when Romeo sent him out for the 49 yarder....I said to my wife, This is stupid!   And when he kicked that low line drive that he somehow managed to sneak over and in between the bars of the goal post I said, That's the best, most difficult kick I've ever seen in my life.  (Crenel was not a good HC)

  • In an article that I read he mentioned the Buffalo game and stated that he had no business making either of those kicks in that 8-0 win.  I distinctly remember when Romeo sent him out for the 49 yarder....I said to my wife, This is stupid!   And when he kicked that low line drive that he somehow managed to sneak over and in between the bars of the goal post I said, That's the best, most difficult kick I've ever seen in my life.  (Crenel was not a good HC)

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @orion said:

    In an article that I read he mentioned the Buffalo game and stated that he had no business making either of those kicks in that 8-0 win.  I distinctly remember when Romeo sent him out for the 49 yarder....I said to my wife, This is stupid!   And when he kicked that low line drive that he somehow managed to sneak over and in between the bars of the goal post I said, That's the best, most difficult kick I've ever seen in my life.  (Crenel was not a good HC)

    this kick  also, I happened to be in Vegas for this one and had the Browns at 2.5

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    IMG_5710.png