Skip to content

Trigger Warning

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
2 2 364
  • My chosen mindless action flick of last night was Trigger Warning, about the hottest special forces commando you’ll ever see, played by Jessica Alba. 

    In this flick her father suddenly dies, and she’s forced to go back to her small New Mexico town where she’s from to settle his affairs. Her dad was a special forces guy himself.

    Once there she uncovers the circumstances around her dad’s death and sets on a quest to kick all their asses. 

    There’s this great scene when she’s getting ready for the final show down and collecting armaments where she’s just swinging her machete, with the sun setting behind her, big dramatic music playing in the background. It’s corny and perfect. 

    The portrayal of the villains was a little weak. They’re all pretty predictable villain types but only a couple stood out, and of course there’s so damn many of them l had trouble discerning which dude’s ass was getting kicked by her later in the movie. 

    Action scenes were solid. I give it an A there. Alba plays a good lead and l thought it was pretty good. I give it a solid B.

  • I checked this out last week, and I enjoyed it. I think I am a little biased, though, because you can put Jessica Alba in just about any movie, and I am going to enjoy looking at her for a couple of hours.