Skip to content

Foundation

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
11 4 509 1
  • I signed up for an Apple TV+ subscription last year to watch a baseball game and never cancelled. That’s how they get ya. They got me. 

    I started digging in to their other programming and Foundation is a series with 2 seasons out there for your viewing pleasure. It’s actually really good. If you’re a fan of sci-fi stuff l’m pretty sure you’ll dig it. 

    It’s not exactly an attention getter through the first few episodes. I had to stick with it through the first few before it started getting good, or to even figure out who the main characters were. 

    Once you get past that though, it gets really good. It’s kind of Star Wars-esque in that there is an “empire” that runs the universe, but their reign is faltering. It’s also Dune-like in that the Empire are the only ones with the technology to fold space and they have electronic body shields they call “auras”, plus all the top notch gadgetry that the rest of the universe doesn’t have.

    Once you get about half way through the first season, you’re in the thick of it. At times the plot gets riveting where you’re tempted to fast forward ahead to see what happens. After watching both seasons l get the impression the series has serious legs and could conceivably go for several more seasons. I’m excited for the next series.

    It’s essentially a cosmic political story about the process of an empire rising and falling, and the successive aftermath and process of rebirth. It’s very well done and complex enough to keep the nerds engaged, but also action packed enough to intrigue everyone else.

    I give it a solid A. 

  • I signed up for an Apple TV+ subscription last year to watch a baseball game and never cancelled. That’s how they get ya. They got me. 

    I started digging in to their other programming and Foundation is a series with 2 seasons out there for your viewing pleasure. It’s actually really good. If you’re a fan of sci-fi stuff l’m pretty sure you’ll dig it. 

    It’s not exactly an attention getter through the first few episodes. I had to stick with it through the first few before it started getting good, or to even figure out who the main characters were. 

    Once you get past that though, it gets really good. It’s kind of Star Wars-esque in that there is an “empire” that runs the universe, but their reign is faltering. It’s also Dune-like in that the Empire are the only ones with the technology to fold space and they have electronic body shields they call “auras”, plus all the top notch gadgetry that the rest of the universe doesn’t have.

    Once you get about half way through the first season, you’re in the thick of it. At times the plot gets riveting where you’re tempted to fast forward ahead to see what happens. After watching both seasons l get the impression the series has serious legs and could conceivably go for several more seasons. I’m excited for the next series.

    It’s essentially a cosmic political story about the process of an empire rising and falling, and the successive aftermath and process of rebirth. It’s very well done and complex enough to keep the nerds engaged, but also action packed enough to intrigue everyone else.

    I give it a solid A. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I give it a solid A. 

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

  • AxeA Axe

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I give it a solid A. 

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

    @axe said:

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

    Me too, l’m guessing it will be next year before the next season comes out. 

    Did you also watch Silo on Apple+? It’s more of a dystopian futuristic sci-fi show with only 1 season right now. Similar to Foundation l had to hang in there for the first few episodes to get a feel for the plot and figure out who the main characters were. It’s not as good as Foundation but l did enjoy it. 

  • I signed up for an Apple TV+ subscription last year to watch a baseball game and never cancelled. That’s how they get ya. They got me. 

    I started digging in to their other programming and Foundation is a series with 2 seasons out there for your viewing pleasure. It’s actually really good. If you’re a fan of sci-fi stuff l’m pretty sure you’ll dig it. 

    It’s not exactly an attention getter through the first few episodes. I had to stick with it through the first few before it started getting good, or to even figure out who the main characters were. 

    Once you get past that though, it gets really good. It’s kind of Star Wars-esque in that there is an “empire” that runs the universe, but their reign is faltering. It’s also Dune-like in that the Empire are the only ones with the technology to fold space and they have electronic body shields they call “auras”, plus all the top notch gadgetry that the rest of the universe doesn’t have.

    Once you get about half way through the first season, you’re in the thick of it. At times the plot gets riveting where you’re tempted to fast forward ahead to see what happens. After watching both seasons l get the impression the series has serious legs and could conceivably go for several more seasons. I’m excited for the next series.

    It’s essentially a cosmic political story about the process of an empire rising and falling, and the successive aftermath and process of rebirth. It’s very well done and complex enough to keep the nerds engaged, but also action packed enough to intrigue everyone else.

    I give it a solid A. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    . It’s kind of Star Wars-esque in that there is an “empire”

    that is because Foundation is where the star wars idea came from same with hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, if you have the time try  to read the book's. But that being said,They have done a great job of putting it together

  • AxeA Axe

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I give it a solid A. 

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

    @axe said:

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

    I just re watched it,it is better than i remember, A new season ??>??

  • sydS syd

    @axe said:

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

    I just re watched it,it is better than i remember, A new season ??>??

    @syd said:

    I just re watched it,it is better than i remember, A new season ??>??

    Yes, filming is under way but likely won’t be released until 2027. I’m looking forward to it.

  • This is one I have to checkout.. I hope it's not jumpy like Caprica was...

  • So far so good..It feels a lot like a John Steinbeck novel where character development takes center stage and I don't mind that.. moving into episode 4..

  • So far so good..It feels a lot like a John Steinbeck novel where character development takes center stage and I don't mind that.. moving into episode 4..

    @nickers said:

    So far so good..It feels a lot like a John Steinbeck novel where character development takes center stage and I don't mind that.. moving into episode 4..

    It is a slow starting series but should be getting real good soon.

  • @axe said:

    Absolutely!

    A+

    I'm waiting for it to resume

    Me too, l’m guessing it will be next year before the next season comes out. 

    Did you also watch Silo on Apple+? It’s more of a dystopian futuristic sci-fi show with only 1 season right now. Similar to Foundation l had to hang in there for the first few episodes to get a feel for the plot and figure out who the main characters were. It’s not as good as Foundation but l did enjoy it. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Me too, l’m guessing it will be next year before the next season comes out. 

    Did you also watch Silo on Apple+? It’s more of a dystopian futuristic sci-fi show with only 1 season right now. Similar to Foundation l had to hang in there for the first few episodes to get a feel for the plot and figure out who the main characters were. It’s not as good as Foundation but l did enjoy it. 

    a new season of Silo just started, I haven't watched it yet as I went back 3 episodes from the last season to get caught up, Yes I am a smart mother trucker

  • sydS syd

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Me too, l’m guessing it will be next year before the next season comes out. 

    Did you also watch Silo on Apple+? It’s more of a dystopian futuristic sci-fi show with only 1 season right now. Similar to Foundation l had to hang in there for the first few episodes to get a feel for the plot and figure out who the main characters were. It’s not as good as Foundation but l did enjoy it. 

    a new season of Silo just started, I haven't watched it yet as I went back 3 episodes from the last season to get caught up, Yes I am a smart mother trucker

    @syd said:

    a new season of Silo just started, I haven't watched it yet as I went back 3 episodes from the last season to get caught up, Yes I am a smart mother trucker

    Yeah l’m in to it. Even with watching the last 3 episodes of season 2 you’re be wondering what’s going on for the first several minutes of season 3.