The Browns Injury Thread
-
D'Onta Foreman took a shot to the head and had to be taken out on a stretcher. At first I was hoping it was nothing serious....but he's being transported by helicopter. Doesn't sound good.
-
-
-
Browns WR Elijah Moore leaves practice with possible concussion
Was he wearing the white pads on his helmet I wonder?
-
Browns WR Elijah Moore leaves practice with possible concussion
Was he wearing the white pads on his helmet I wonder?
-
-
Former Browns RB Ben Gay died in an auto accident last Monday at age 44 in Colorado. RIP.
-
Former Browns RB Ben Gay died in an auto accident last Monday at age 44 in Colorado. RIP.
Former Browns RB Ben Gay died in an auto accident last Monday at age 44 in Colorado. RIP.
Well dayum!.. That's way too young to go... RIP!...
-
Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward is in concussion protocol, Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday.
Ward had an awkward landing after getting tangled with wide receiver Elijah Moore during a drill in Monday's practice. Ward has been one of the Browns' best players in camp, but his concussion history is concerning. He's previously had at least four concussions during his first six seasons of his pro career, most recently last August when he suffered one in the Browns' preseason finale. Ward was able to return around 12 days later and played in the season opener.
Ward was spotted wearing sweats and playing catch on the field before the Browns' joint practice session with the Vikings Wednesday, which can be taken as a sign he's progressing through the protocol. Stefanski offered no further details.
“I don’t think you can take any concussion lightly, but I’m good," Ward said last September. “I feel great, ready to play the game. I take the necessary steps of healing up and doing the exercising and things that the doctors tell me. So I feel good, I’m out there, I’m ready to play, enjoy playing the game of football and I’m not too concerned. I’m good.”
Ward is a three-time Pro Bowler who has 15 career interceptions. The Browns have also been without former first-round cornerback Greg Newsome II in camp as Newsome recovers from hamstring surgery.
-
Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward is in concussion protocol, Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday.
Ward had an awkward landing after getting tangled with wide receiver Elijah Moore during a drill in Monday's practice. Ward has been one of the Browns' best players in camp, but his concussion history is concerning. He's previously had at least four concussions during his first six seasons of his pro career, most recently last August when he suffered one in the Browns' preseason finale. Ward was able to return around 12 days later and played in the season opener.
Ward was spotted wearing sweats and playing catch on the field before the Browns' joint practice session with the Vikings Wednesday, which can be taken as a sign he's progressing through the protocol. Stefanski offered no further details.
“I don’t think you can take any concussion lightly, but I’m good," Ward said last September. “I feel great, ready to play the game. I take the necessary steps of healing up and doing the exercising and things that the doctors tell me. So I feel good, I’m out there, I’m ready to play, enjoy playing the game of football and I’m not too concerned. I’m good.”
Ward is a three-time Pro Bowler who has 15 career interceptions. The Browns have also been without former first-round cornerback Greg Newsome II in camp as Newsome recovers from hamstring surgery.
Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward is in concussion protocol, Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday.
Ward had an awkward landing after getting tangled with wide receiver Elijah Moore during a drill in Monday's practice. Ward has been one of the Browns' best players in camp, but his concussion history is concerning. He's previously had at least four concussions during his first six seasons of his pro career, most recently last August when he suffered one in the Browns' preseason finale. Ward was able to return around 12 days later and played in the season opener.
Ward was spotted wearing sweats and playing catch on the field before the Browns' joint practice session with the Vikings Wednesday, which can be taken as a sign he's progressing through the protocol. Stefanski offered no further details.
“I don’t think you can take any concussion lightly, but I’m good," Ward said last September. “I feel great, ready to play the game. I take the necessary steps of healing up and doing the exercising and things that the doctors tell me. So I feel good, I’m out there, I’m ready to play, enjoy playing the game of football and I’m not too concerned. I’m good.”
Ward is a three-time Pro Bowler who has 15 career interceptions. The Browns have also been without former first-round cornerback Greg Newsome II in camp as Newsome recovers from hamstring surgery.
Geez.
The straddled line between too much contact and de-conditioning the body from contact because of decreased contact is awfully fuzzy.
-
Maybe Denzel should try wearing those Guardian Caps. They look goofy as hell, but if Denzel has to look like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs to prevent more concussions, I'm for it.
“The Guardian Cap may decrease the risk of concussion and burden of each head impact without significantly interfering with the game”
-
Maybe Denzel should try wearing those Guardian Caps. They look goofy as hell, but if Denzel has to look like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs to prevent more concussions, I'm for it.
“The Guardian Cap may decrease the risk of concussion and burden of each head impact without significantly interfering with the game”
Maybe Denzel should try wearing those Guardian Caps. They look goofy as hell, but if Denzel has to look like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs to prevent more concussions, I'm for it.
“The Guardian Cap may decrease the risk of concussion and burden of each head impact without significantly interfering with the game”
i seriously doubt they do that much good. I mean your brain still get's knocked around man.
-
The Guardian Caps definitely don't eliminate concussions, but they can reduce them. For concussion prone guys like Denzel, it can't hurt other than looking goofy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login