Skip to content

Again ?

The Browns Board
20 9 1.2k 1
  • I am voting for the ELF, i could give a rats ass what you all vote for. But seriously 3 years in a row.

    Browns holding vote to see which logo should be at midfield in 2024

  • I like the brownie elf too. I have fond recollections of that logo seeing it at grandpa’s house as a kid. The dog image just reminds me of the Red Dog beer image. It’s my least favorite. The helmet is perfectly acceptable. 

    IMG_1679.jpeg

  • ...to sort of quote...someone...:   "If you vote for the elf this year, you'll never have to vote again."   

  • I like the brownie elf too. I have fond recollections of that logo seeing it at grandpa’s house as a kid. The dog image just reminds me of the Red Dog beer image. It’s my least favorite. The helmet is perfectly acceptable. 

    IMG_1679.jpeg

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I like the brownie elf too. I have fond recollections of that logo seeing it at grandpa’s house as a kid. The dog image just reminds me of the Red Dog beer image. It’s my least favorite. The helmet is perfectly acceptable. 

    IMG_1679.jpeg

    I'm more along the lines of

    1. Elf

    2. Dawg

    3. Helmet

    Just because it's lame they just go with the helmet as the logo, and I really don't want to see it at the 50 yard line because they've gone back to the lame white facemask. 

  • ...to sort of quote...someone...:   "If you vote for the elf this year, you'll never have to vote again."   

    @orion said:

    ...to sort of quote...someone...:   "If you vote for the elf this year, you'll never have to vote again."   

    Now, now Orion...

    Let's not go there... ?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I like the brownie elf too. I have fond recollections of that logo seeing it at grandpa’s house as a kid. The dog image just reminds me of the Red Dog beer image. It’s my least favorite. The helmet is perfectly acceptable. 

    IMG_1679.jpeg

    I'm more along the lines of

    1. Elf

    2. Dawg

    3. Helmet

    Just because it's lame they just go with the helmet as the logo, and I really don't want to see it at the 50 yard line because they've gone back to the lame white facemask. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just because it's lame they just go with the helmet as the logo, and I really don't want to see it at the 50 yard line because they've gone back to the lame white facemask. 

    I don’t have a problem with white facemasks. Heck, some of my favorite facemasks are white. 

    During Covid times l tore off shirtsleeves of a black t-shirt and a white t-shirt for facemask purposes. It was kinda fun to decide who l wanted to be any given day. Do l wanna be Snake Eyes? Or Stormshadow?

  • Long live Brownie.

  • And Brownie (The Elf) wins again!  🙂    

    I remember year one, a few games into the season, and the announcers (non Browns announcers) are talking about Brownie at midfield...and they asked each other if it should stay or go...and they both said that it had to go.  Well they can go Elf themselves!  🙂     

    I think I like that they don't like it!  It makes me like it more!    Fear The Elf

  • I chose the Helmet this year... Anything but the stupid dawg caricture.. Talk about lame....

  • And Brownie (The Elf) wins again!  🙂    

    I remember year one, a few games into the season, and the announcers (non Browns announcers) are talking about Brownie at midfield...and they asked each other if it should stay or go...and they both said that it had to go.  Well they can go Elf themselves!  🙂     

    I think I like that they don't like it!  It makes me like it more!    Fear The Elf

    @orion said:

    And Brownie (The Elf) wins again!  🙂    

    I remember year one, a few games into the season, and the announcers (non Browns announcers) are talking about Brownie at midfield...and they asked each other if it should stay or go...and they both said that it had to go.  Well they can go Elf themselves!  🙂     

    I think I like that they don't like it!  It makes me like it more!    Fear The Elf

    It caused a stir in the national media. I recall a buddy of mine texting me with a sort of “what’s this elf thing all about?” inquiry and l had to dig out a couple links to let him know it goes back to the 50s. It caused some confusion which l thought was pretty amusing. 

  • @orion said:

    And Brownie (The Elf) wins again!  🙂    

    I remember year one, a few games into the season, and the announcers (non Browns announcers) are talking about Brownie at midfield...and they asked each other if it should stay or go...and they both said that it had to go.  Well they can go Elf themselves!  🙂     

    I think I like that they don't like it!  It makes me like it more!    Fear The Elf

    It caused a stir in the national media. I recall a buddy of mine texting me with a sort of “what’s this elf thing all about?” inquiry and l had to dig out a couple links to let him know it goes back to the 50s. It caused some confusion which l thought was pretty amusing. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    It caused a stir in the national media. I recall a buddy of mine texting me with a sort of “what’s this elf thing all about?” inquiry and l had to dig out a couple links to let him know it goes back to the 50s. It caused some confusion which l thought was pretty amusing. 

    Which was stolen from the MLB St. Louis Browns, who had a similar elf logo before the Cleveland Browns existed. 

  • I dunno. Think maybe we should adapt the mascot of Scottsdale Community College who are the Fighting Artichokes, cause choking is what the Browns have been known for since JB left for the movies.??

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    It caused a stir in the national media. I recall a buddy of mine texting me with a sort of “what’s this elf thing all about?” inquiry and l had to dig out a couple links to let him know it goes back to the 50s. It caused some confusion which l thought was pretty amusing. 

    Which was stolen from the MLB St. Louis Browns, who had a similar elf logo before the Cleveland Browns existed. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Which was stolen from the MLB St. Louis Browns, who had a similar elf logo before the Cleveland Browns existed. 

    This?

    Old St. Louis Browns | Mlb team logos, Baseball history, Mlb logos

  • Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward is in concussion protocol, Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Wednesday.

    Ward had an awkward landing after getting tangled with wide receiver Elijah Moore during a drill in Monday's practice. Ward has been one of the Browns' best players in camp, but his concussion history is concerning. He's previously had at least four concussions during his first six seasons of his pro career, most recently last August when he suffered one in the Browns' preseason finale. Ward was able to return around 12 days later and played in the season opener.

    Ward was spotted wearing sweats and playing catch on the field before the Browns' joint practice session with the Vikings Wednesday, which can be taken as a sign he's progressing through the protocol. Stefanski offered no further details.

    “I don’t think you can take any concussion lightly, but I’m good," Ward said last September. “I feel great, ready to play the game. I take the necessary steps of healing up and doing the exercising and things that the doctors tell me. So I feel good, I’m out there, I’m ready to play, enjoy playing the game of football and I’m not too concerned. I’m good.”

    Ward is a three-time Pro Bowler who has 15 career interceptions. The Browns have also been without former first-round cornerback Greg Newsome II in camp as Newsome recovers from hamstring surgery.

  • If he doesn't have problems later in life it'll be a miracle.  

  • If he doesn't have problems later in life it'll be a miracle.  

    @orion said:

    If he doesn't have problems later in life it'll be a miracle.  

    Denzal has said that he has studied the effects and is not worried

  • I know the main concept here is over but as this is one of the few topics at this point I can actually engage with as I try to figure out these awesome but technical lineup analysis' by dutch oven...

    If I had voted it would have been for the helmet. Which is weird because I love fantasy stuff so a brownie mascot should be something I'm all in for. But I think one of the reasons I picked the browns is because they stand out in an odd way. I find their genericness charming, like "Great Value Brand Football Team". Bold but basic colors that resemble fall foilage and snow, and then no logo on these helmets, no fancy mascots on them evoking adventure characters like cowboys and bucaneers and vikings, nor animals like seahawks and lions, nor fantasy creatures like giants. Just... Idk...we had a coach whose name was Brown so... Its great to me, even though I used to really like mascots and characters, there's something unique about the browns being a football team whose true aesthetic is...football. Just...Just football. We are a football themed football team. So I don't really need a dog or an elf even though they are fine as costumes to come out and cheer thats fine. But as far as the official aesthetic goes....the theme is football.

    But I don't have the histroy with them, so I can understand if this isn't a shared sentiment.

  • I know the main concept here is over but as this is one of the few topics at this point I can actually engage with as I try to figure out these awesome but technical lineup analysis' by dutch oven...

    If I had voted it would have been for the helmet. Which is weird because I love fantasy stuff so a brownie mascot should be something I'm all in for. But I think one of the reasons I picked the browns is because they stand out in an odd way. I find their genericness charming, like "Great Value Brand Football Team". Bold but basic colors that resemble fall foilage and snow, and then no logo on these helmets, no fancy mascots on them evoking adventure characters like cowboys and bucaneers and vikings, nor animals like seahawks and lions, nor fantasy creatures like giants. Just... Idk...we had a coach whose name was Brown so... Its great to me, even though I used to really like mascots and characters, there's something unique about the browns being a football team whose true aesthetic is...football. Just...Just football. We are a football themed football team. So I don't really need a dog or an elf even though they are fine as costumes to come out and cheer thats fine. But as far as the official aesthetic goes....the theme is football.

    But I don't have the histroy with them, so I can understand if this isn't a shared sentiment.

    @orange_ranger said:

    I know the main concept here is over but as this is one of the few topics at this point I can actually engage with as I try to figure out these awesome but technical lineup analysis' by dutch oven...

    If I had voted it would have been for the helmet. Which is weird because I love fantasy stuff so a brownie mascot should be something I'm all in for. But I think one of the reasons I picked the browns is because they stand out in an odd way. I find their genericness charming, like "Great Value Brand Football Team". Bold but basic colors that resemble fall foilage and snow, and then no logo on these helmets, no fancy mascots on them evoking adventure characters like cowboys and bucaneers and vikings, nor animals like seahawks and lions, nor fantasy creatures like giants. Just... Idk...we had a coach whose name was Brown so... Its great to me, even though I used to really like mascots and characters, there's something unique about the browns being a football team whose true aesthetic is...football. Just...Just football. We are a football themed football team. So I don't really need a dog or an elf even though they are fine as costumes to come out and cheer thats fine. But as far as the official aesthetic goes....the theme is football.

    But I don't have the histroy with them, so I can understand if this isn't a shared sentiment.

    While I usually wouldn't consider brown and orange a great color scheme, for football (especially for outdoor cold weather northern football) I've always thought it was a fantastic color scheme. Football to me is fall. Brown and orange is perfect for that.

    That being said, it won't be as great a look inside in a dome if we go that way, IMO. 

  • @orange_ranger said:

    I know the main concept here is over but as this is one of the few topics at this point I can actually engage with as I try to figure out these awesome but technical lineup analysis' by dutch oven...

    If I had voted it would have been for the helmet. Which is weird because I love fantasy stuff so a brownie mascot should be something I'm all in for. But I think one of the reasons I picked the browns is because they stand out in an odd way. I find their genericness charming, like "Great Value Brand Football Team". Bold but basic colors that resemble fall foilage and snow, and then no logo on these helmets, no fancy mascots on them evoking adventure characters like cowboys and bucaneers and vikings, nor animals like seahawks and lions, nor fantasy creatures like giants. Just... Idk...we had a coach whose name was Brown so... Its great to me, even though I used to really like mascots and characters, there's something unique about the browns being a football team whose true aesthetic is...football. Just...Just football. We are a football themed football team. So I don't really need a dog or an elf even though they are fine as costumes to come out and cheer thats fine. But as far as the official aesthetic goes....the theme is football.

    But I don't have the histroy with them, so I can understand if this isn't a shared sentiment.

    While I usually wouldn't consider brown and orange a great color scheme, for football (especially for outdoor cold weather northern football) I've always thought it was a fantastic color scheme. Football to me is fall. Brown and orange is perfect for that.

    That being said, it won't be as great a look inside in a dome if we go that way, IMO. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    While I usually wouldn't consider brown and orange a great color scheme, for football (especially for outdoor cold weather northern football) I've always thought it was a fantastic color scheme. Football to me is fall. Brown and orange is perfect for that.

    That being said, it won't be as great a look inside in a dome if we go that way, IMO. 

    If I could have said it any better than that - you know I would have!    

    As for putting all that in a dome?  If they can do it in Syracuse for the Orangemen - they can do it much better in Cleveland especially with how much more $ that will be put into it.  They can do it the lifeless boring way or they could build it around a very storied tradition.  Name various sections after Hall of Fame players.  Set up a Wall of Fame. Come up with a clever name for the building.  Just a quick brainstorm off the top of my dome: Orange and Brown Town; THE Pumpkin Patch; Browns Kingdome; Paul Brown Palace, etc.  I'm guessing there's plenty of better ideas.