Letter to Fans from the Browns on the new Stadium
-
-
-
It was the only option that made sense. Haslam isn't stupid. It made no sense to throw a half billion dollars in to a 25 year old stadium, that was still going to be open air.
Then the city was asking for a 30 year lease. Fifteen years down the road it would need another upgrade to a 40-45 year old stadium. That is like the guy who keeps throwing money in to an old boat or car. It might make sense if it is a classic, but CBS is no classic.
-
-
It was the only option that made sense. Haslam isn't stupid. It made no sense to throw a half billion dollars in to a 25 year old stadium, that was still going to be open air.
Then the city was asking for a 30 year lease. Fifteen years down the road it would need another upgrade to a 40-45 year old stadium. That is like the guy who keeps throwing money in to an old boat or car. It might make sense if it is a classic, but CBS is no classic.
It was the only option that made sense. Haslam isn't stupid. It made no sense to throw a half billion dollars in to a 25 year old stadium, that was still going to be open air.
Then the city was asking for a 30 year lease. Fifteen years down the road it would need another upgrade to a 40-45 year old stadium. That is like the guy who keeps throwing money in to an old boat or car. It might make sense if it is a classic, but CBS is no classic.
I know we've been at odds with this 'peen... But I've pretty resigned myself now to the inevitable. (and I don't like it much) When Haslam bought the 175 acres in Brookpark- the writing was on the wall. MHO is domes suck for football- and I've been to a bunch of them. Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's when the weather turns cold.
I disagree about upgrades. If you do it right- that's bullshit. Arrowhead was built in 1972, and I'll let you look at how long Lambeau in Green Bay has been around. And I disagree about how much throwing a couple billion bucks on a new venue is going to help the local economy. WOW!!! You get one Super Bowl in a lifetime, and a couple extra concerts and tractor pulls. ? You're not going to magically allure the NFL combine away from Indy either, for God's sake.
Oh- it totally get it from Haslam's POV... We're gonna get the Browns equivalent of Bob Kraft's Patriot Place- where Jimmuh controls everything, including parking revenue. Get ready for $50 bucks to park your car- or do some serious hiking. Hmm... speaking of new venue with all that cool heated and air conditioned stuff, season ticket holders- like me- are also getting ready for the inevitable increase in ticket prices. When my seats hit $300 bucks each per game, (300 X 2 X 10 = $6,000) that's a f**king BMW payment every year. it's so long- you've just priced me out of your market. Or I'll just be a mini ticket broker, selling off games so I don't go bankrupt in the process of keeping my PSL. Beejeebus- is it really worth it for Joe Sixpack (or a wine six pack in my case) blowing $750 just to see a game live? Sunday Ticket is getting a hell of a lot more inviting, and a HELL of a lot cheaper every year.
-
Things change my friend.
I don't know where tickets prices will go, but our PSL's won't transfer. We may get some sort of credit, but the PSL's are for CBS, not a new stadium. We will have to pay way more to get similar seats.
I am already paying around $240 per seat for my club seats. I have plenty of money but I am getting like my Dad. I remember him complaining when his season tickets went up to $16 per game, and he had plenty of money. LOL
Luckily I am at the point where I am near the point of dropping season tickets. The health isn't the greatest and the travel is beginning to become a drag. I already have the ticket, so watching at home is enjoyable. If I have to drop a few thousand to go to a couple of game a year, that's cheaper than what I do now.
Your buddy who owns the seats is probably going to have to come up with $20000+ per seat if you want similar seats. Haslam and his group have done the research. They already know there are plenty of people willing to shell out the money, but they can't get their hands on the seats.
If I was Haslam I would do the same thing. So would you. You understand business.
It is what it is.
-
It was the only option that made sense. Haslam isn't stupid. It made no sense to throw a half billion dollars in to a 25 year old stadium, that was still going to be open air.
Then the city was asking for a 30 year lease. Fifteen years down the road it would need another upgrade to a 40-45 year old stadium. That is like the guy who keeps throwing money in to an old boat or car. It might make sense if it is a classic, but CBS is no classic.
I know we've been at odds with this 'peen... But I've pretty resigned myself now to the inevitable. (and I don't like it much) When Haslam bought the 175 acres in Brookpark- the writing was on the wall. MHO is domes suck for football- and I've been to a bunch of them. Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's when the weather turns cold.
I disagree about upgrades. If you do it right- that's bullshit. Arrowhead was built in 1972, and I'll let you look at how long Lambeau in Green Bay has been around. And I disagree about how much throwing a couple billion bucks on a new venue is going to help the local economy. WOW!!! You get one Super Bowl in a lifetime, and a couple extra concerts and tractor pulls. ? You're not going to magically allure the NFL combine away from Indy either, for God's sake.
Oh- it totally get it from Haslam's POV... We're gonna get the Browns equivalent of Bob Kraft's Patriot Place- where Jimmuh controls everything, including parking revenue. Get ready for $50 bucks to park your car- or do some serious hiking. Hmm... speaking of new venue with all that cool heated and air conditioned stuff, season ticket holders- like me- are also getting ready for the inevitable increase in ticket prices. When my seats hit $300 bucks each per game, (300 X 2 X 10 = $6,000) that's a f**king BMW payment every year. it's so long- you've just priced me out of your market. Or I'll just be a mini ticket broker, selling off games so I don't go bankrupt in the process of keeping my PSL. Beejeebus- is it really worth it for Joe Sixpack (or a wine six pack in my case) blowing $750 just to see a game live? Sunday Ticket is getting a hell of a lot more inviting, and a HELL of a lot cheaper every year.
and I don't like it
We knew that you wouldn't.
Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's
A percentage of Bills fans are just plain friggin' crazy-ass people.
Arrowhead was built in 1972
I hear ya! I don't understand how a stadium built @ 1999 already has to be replaced. Perhaps Jimmuh can get the ancient Romans to build the next one.
-
and I don't like it
We knew that you wouldn't.
Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's
A percentage of Bills fans are just plain friggin' crazy-ass people.
Arrowhead was built in 1972
I hear ya! I don't understand how a stadium built @ 1999 already has to be replaced. Perhaps Jimmuh can get the ancient Romans to build the next one.
I hear ya! I don't understand how a stadium built @ 1999 already has to be replaced. Perhaps Jimmuh can get the ancient Romans to build the next one.
While talking about the dome in Brookpark, Haslam already said something along the lines of "this would fix the stadium problem for the Browns for the long-term... like 20 years or so."
These owners have massive egos, and there has never been in modern U.S. history a time where everyone bends over to the whims of the ultra-rich like right now. The second one of these guys goes to an opposing teams' stadium and sees that its better than their "State of the art stadium", the clock resets on building another stadium. Watch what happens in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh if this Brookpark dome gets built. All the sudden the two AFC North stadiums quaintly built on rivers will become "antiquated and maintenance nightmares".
And somehow two of the biggest college football programs play in stadiums that are a century old within two or three hours of Cleveland.
-
It was the only option that made sense. Haslam isn't stupid. It made no sense to throw a half billion dollars in to a 25 year old stadium, that was still going to be open air.
Then the city was asking for a 30 year lease. Fifteen years down the road it would need another upgrade to a 40-45 year old stadium. That is like the guy who keeps throwing money in to an old boat or car. It might make sense if it is a classic, but CBS is no classic.
I know we've been at odds with this 'peen... But I've pretty resigned myself now to the inevitable. (and I don't like it much) When Haslam bought the 175 acres in Brookpark- the writing was on the wall. MHO is domes suck for football- and I've been to a bunch of them. Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's when the weather turns cold.
I disagree about upgrades. If you do it right- that's bullshit. Arrowhead was built in 1972, and I'll let you look at how long Lambeau in Green Bay has been around. And I disagree about how much throwing a couple billion bucks on a new venue is going to help the local economy. WOW!!! You get one Super Bowl in a lifetime, and a couple extra concerts and tractor pulls. ? You're not going to magically allure the NFL combine away from Indy either, for God's sake.
Oh- it totally get it from Haslam's POV... We're gonna get the Browns equivalent of Bob Kraft's Patriot Place- where Jimmuh controls everything, including parking revenue. Get ready for $50 bucks to park your car- or do some serious hiking. Hmm... speaking of new venue with all that cool heated and air conditioned stuff, season ticket holders- like me- are also getting ready for the inevitable increase in ticket prices. When my seats hit $300 bucks each per game, (300 X 2 X 10 = $6,000) that's a f**king BMW payment every year. it's so long- you've just priced me out of your market. Or I'll just be a mini ticket broker, selling off games so I don't go bankrupt in the process of keeping my PSL. Beejeebus- is it really worth it for Joe Sixpack (or a wine six pack in my case) blowing $750 just to see a game live? Sunday Ticket is getting a hell of a lot more inviting, and a HELL of a lot cheaper every year.
I know we've been at odds with this 'peen... But I've pretty resigned myself now to the inevitable. (and I don't like it much) When Haslam bought the 175 acres in Brookpark- the writing was on the wall. MHO is domes suck for football- and I've been to a bunch of them. Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's when the weather turns cold.
I disagree about upgrades. If you do it right- that's bullshit. Arrowhead was built in 1972, and I'll let you look at how long Lambeau in Green Bay has been around. And I disagree about how much throwing a couple billion bucks on a new venue is going to help the local economy. WOW!!! You get one Super Bowl in a lifetime, and a couple extra concerts and tractor pulls. ? You're not going to magically allure the NFL combine away from Indy either, for God's sake.
Oh- it totally get it from Haslam's POV... We're gonna get the Browns equivalent of Bob Kraft's Patriot Place- where Jimmuh controls everything, including parking revenue. Get ready for $50 bucks to park your car- or do some serious hiking. Hmm... speaking of new venue with all that cool heated and air conditioned stuff, season ticket holders- like me- are also getting ready for the inevitable increase in ticket prices. When my seats hit $300 bucks each per game, (300 X 2 X 10 = $6,000) that's a f**king BMW payment every year. it's so long- you've just priced me out of your market. Or I'll just be a mini ticket broker, selling off games so I don't go bankrupt in the process of keeping my PSL. Beejeebus- is it really worth it for Joe Sixpack (or a wine six pack in my case) blowing $750 just to see a game live? Sunday Ticket is getting a hell of a lot more inviting, and a HELL of a lot cheaper every year.
I agree, the allure of having extra concerts, tractor pulls, Disney on ice, gets diluted when you have a relatively new convention center and Rocket Mortgage Field House nearby. Not to mention the proposed new Browns Palace would probably spell the end of the IX Center, which would be about a mile away.
-
and I don't like it
We knew that you wouldn't.
Are the Bills building a domed stadium? Nope- and their weather is a damnsite worse than Cleveland's
A percentage of Bills fans are just plain friggin' crazy-ass people.
Arrowhead was built in 1972
I hear ya! I don't understand how a stadium built @ 1999 already has to be replaced. Perhaps Jimmuh can get the ancient Romans to build the next one.
I hear ya! I don't understand how a stadium built @ 1999 already has to be replaced. Perhaps Jimmuh can get the ancient Romans to build the next one.
Speaking from a family member who was apart of the construction crew(s). The current spot was hastily built and they were having problems with the north walls even during the build.
Haste makes waste.
-
-
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Dome absolutely makes the most sense. Dumb to make a huge investment in something that can't be used for a big portion of the year
-
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Dome absolutely makes the most sense. Dumb to make a huge investment in something that can't be used for a big portion of the year
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
-
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
I don't think we necessarily want a horde of folks all hopping on the highway up downtown right after a game and I don't think the rapid could handle the new crowds (or, frankly, look nice enough to be our given option of shuttling visitors between Brook Park and downtown).
If something this massive is built there will need to be public transportation improvements with it
-
I hear ya! I don't understand how a stadium built @ 1999 already has to be replaced. Perhaps Jimmuh can get the ancient Romans to build the next one.
While talking about the dome in Brookpark, Haslam already said something along the lines of "this would fix the stadium problem for the Browns for the long-term... like 20 years or so."
These owners have massive egos, and there has never been in modern U.S. history a time where everyone bends over to the whims of the ultra-rich like right now. The second one of these guys goes to an opposing teams' stadium and sees that its better than their "State of the art stadium", the clock resets on building another stadium. Watch what happens in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh if this Brookpark dome gets built. All the sudden the two AFC North stadiums quaintly built on rivers will become "antiquated and maintenance nightmares".
And somehow two of the biggest college football programs play in stadiums that are a century old within two or three hours of Cleveland.
Haslam already said something along the lines of "this would fix the stadium problem for the Browns for the long-term... like 20 years or so."
Yeah, I saw that. How come my supermarket doesn't have to be razed to the ground and rebuilt every so often? Carnegie Hall is still standing. Fenway, Yankee Stadium, etc. Of course, as you stated, the football owner now needs the stadium to be just a part of a resort. That's the current trend...and Jimmuh wants his.
-
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
I wonder if some kind of Rapid extension will service the new stadium/ stadium area from the airport or Brook Park road station. Probably only needs to be a half mile or so.
-
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
I don't think we necessarily want a horde of folks all hopping on the highway up downtown right after a game and I don't think the rapid could handle the new crowds (or, frankly, look nice enough to be our given option of shuttling visitors between Brook Park and downtown).
If something this massive is built there will need to be public transportation improvements with it
I don't think we necessarily want a horde of folks all hopping on the highway up downtown right after a game and I don't think the rapid could handle the new crowds (or, frankly, look nice enough to be our given option of shuttling visitors between Brook Park and downtown).
If something this massive is built there will need to be public transportation improvements with it
Well, we don’t nave to reinvent the wheel.
The fans going downtown to watch the game primarily drove there.
I personally liked the rapid the last few years I had tickets.
-
Brook Park is situated at the intersection of I71 & 480 with a rapid station and Hopkins Airport.
It really doesn’t get much better than that.
I wonder if some kind of Rapid extension will service the new stadium/ stadium area from the airport or Brook Park road station. Probably only needs to be a half mile or so.
I wonder if some kind of Rapid extension will service the new stadium/ stadium area from the airport or Brook Park road station. Probably only needs to be a half mile or so.
I’m sure a couple of shuttle buses would work out, or it would be nice if they could drop off right at the stadium like you suggested.
-
I don't think we necessarily want a horde of folks all hopping on the highway up downtown right after a game and I don't think the rapid could handle the new crowds (or, frankly, look nice enough to be our given option of shuttling visitors between Brook Park and downtown).
If something this massive is built there will need to be public transportation improvements with it
Well, we don’t nave to reinvent the wheel.
The fans going downtown to watch the game primarily drove there.
I personally liked the rapid the last few years I had tickets.
Well, we don’t nave to reinvent the wheel.
The fans going downtown to watch the game primarily drove there.
I personally liked the rapid the last few years I had tickets.
I'm not saying public transport to get to the game. I'm saying after the game, to go downtown, and to easily come back to a parked car.
-
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Dome absolutely makes the most sense. Dumb to make a huge investment in something that can't be used for a big portion of the year
I hope they implement good public transportation options between the stadium and downtown
Dome absolutely makes the most sense. Dumb to make a huge investment in something that can't be used for a big portion of the year
They will. They already have tracks running to the airport. It won't be hard to add one more stop.. It isn't hard. You can have tracks or a Ped way to take people the last few hundred yards.
I myself have always liked dome games. To each their own. I prefer a nice temperate climate, but I can deal and plan for that. I don't like the wind gusts and rainy, sleety condition that seem to prevail much of the season. If you don't have to sit in crap conditions, why would you? If you are watching at home I don't think many of you sit in the backyard enduring whatever the conditions bring.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
