Skip to content

▪︎ ● ?  GB -at- CLE ● PRE GAME 1 THREAD ●  SAT. AUG 10  ▪︎at▪︎  4:25. |||●---▪︎ IT WAS HERE ?

The Browns Board
56 12 1.7k 1
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #11

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Woot!!

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

  • sydS syd

    @mjp28 said:

    Do you want to merge  PRE WEEK 1  posts ?

    oh ya, if you would please

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @syd said:

    oh ya, if you would please

    syd,   I believe that the  MERGE  was indeed successful.      

    GO BROWNS !

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #15

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #16

    ~  THE  ~  remainder of the  - 2024  PRESEASON   SCHEDULE  -   MIN  -at-  CLE  8/17    -- and --   CLE  -at-  SEA  8/24 ( 10 pm )  The  "Late Night Bowl"

              ~  IT  ~    ★ Will be over before you know it !  ★

    Screenshot_2024-08-10_151151.jpg

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    65 yard  GB. TD pass ....  nice way to start the day.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I don’t think it’s a joke to say that kick would have been good from 70.  That kick was 55 and cleared the bar 80% of the way up. I’m not opposed to having York around, with way less pressure 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    York (??)  a  55 yd FG the booth said would have been close to   70  ??    Big leg.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Sparce crowd in the stands..... even for PRE 1.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #22

    every snap under center , unless i missed one

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #23

    ah fuck Wypler carted off

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #24
    SPORT TVWatch For Free ➡ https://rb.gy/tzg3pr
    this link works 
     
  • sydS syd

    ah fuck Wypler carted off

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @syd said:

    ah fuck Wypler carted off

    The air cast ankle injury  (TBD) deal.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    GB 17    CLE 3.  Half,   boring !

  • ~  THE  ~  remainder of the  - 2024  PRESEASON   SCHEDULE  -   MIN  -at-  CLE  8/17    -- and --   CLE  -at-  SEA  8/24 ( 10 pm )  The  "Late Night Bowl"

              ~  IT  ~    ★ Will be over before you know it !  ★

    Screenshot_2024-08-10_151151.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mjp28 said:

    ~  THE  ~  remainder of the  - 2024  PRESEASON   SCHEDULE  -   MIN  -at-  CLE  8/17    -- and --   CLE  -at-  SEA  8/24 ( 10 pm )  The  "Late Night Bowl"

              ~  IT  ~    ★ Will be over before you know it !  ★

    Screenshot_2024-08-10_151151.jpg

    ~  LET'S   HOPE  ~   the next two weeks the. BROWNS  will show something. ......    anything !

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #28
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

  • Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #30

    @orion said:

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...