Skip to content

▪︎ ● ?  GB -at- CLE ● PRE GAME 1 THREAD ●  SAT. AUG 10  ▪︎at▪︎  4:25. |||●---▪︎ IT WAS HERE ?

The Browns Board
56 12 1.7k 1
  • ~  THE  ~  remainder of the  - 2024  PRESEASON   SCHEDULE  -   MIN  -at-  CLE  8/17    -- and --   CLE  -at-  SEA  8/24 ( 10 pm )  The  "Late Night Bowl"

              ~  IT  ~    ★ Will be over before you know it !  ★

    Screenshot_2024-08-10_151151.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mjp28 said:

    ~  THE  ~  remainder of the  - 2024  PRESEASON   SCHEDULE  -   MIN  -at-  CLE  8/17    -- and --   CLE  -at-  SEA  8/24 ( 10 pm )  The  "Late Night Bowl"

              ~  IT  ~    ★ Will be over before you know it !  ★

    Screenshot_2024-08-10_151151.jpg

    ~  LET'S   HOPE  ~   the next two weeks the. BROWNS  will show something. ......    anything !

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #28
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

  • Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #30

    @orion said:

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...

  • Sparce crowd in the stands..... even for PRE 1.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mjp28 said:

    Sparce crowd in the stands..... even for PRE 1.

    ah hell it is still summertime. when does school start out there ? i  am sure families are still camping, Hiking, spending time on the lake. or just having a grill going on in the backyard with the game on in the background.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I don't put much stock in preseason games. They mostly are to slim the team down to 53 by opening game time. The marginal guys get a lot of playing time.

  • @orion said:

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @nickers said:

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...

    Tough azz schedule  ....  agreed !    

    A lot of the tough part is from the  AL Central too.   One week at a time guys !

  • @orion said:

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @nickers said:

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose

    I'm glad you mentioned Stef!  He started off calling the plays....then, later on, I noticed that he didn't have his play card.  I'm pretty sure that Dorsey called the plays for a significant part of the game...although the cameras really didn't show Dorsey after quite early in the game.  When they DID show Dorsey (early on) he wasn't standing anywhere near Stef but he did have a play card.  Both of them had a play card at that time.

    When Adidi talked to Emerson on the sideline during the game he mentioned that they need to work on communication...so apparently there's some communication issues the DB's are working through at the moment.   And when she talked to Dewand he said that Andy, the new OL coach, uses much the same terminology that Callahan used so the transition away from Callahan isn't an abrupt change or anything....which is cool.

  • I don't put much stock in preseason games. They mostly are to slim the team down to 53 by opening game time. The marginal guys get a lot of playing time.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @texasag1969 said:

    The marginal guys get a lot of playing time.

    Our marginal guys aren't as good as the Packers' marginals. 🙂 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    My main positive was DTR  and Huntley looked good. The WRs played decent, no drops. 

    Just excited to see the Browns again. I didn't go, gave my preseason tickets to charity.

  • @orion said:

    Yeah, Hickman grabbed the back of his leg at one point while he was hopelessly chasing the receiver that he never had covered.  

    Our D looked pretty bad.  Our OL wasn't giving much room to run.  

    I wanted to see Aiden Robbins and Matt Landers...unfortunately they only got in at the very end.  Robbins got the TD...good for him.  He also had a nice play when he chip blocked on the edge and got out for a pass, catch and run to almost get the 1st down.  And Landers caught a pass on that drive.  Thrash caught the ball well when he got in.   And that little guy, Brown, he caught the ball well.   I would've like to see that Welch TE guy.  I don't think I saw anything from him.

    Ford & Strong were unimpressive in the backfield...but blocking wasn't great.  John Kelly got more reps than he should at this point.  I mean, he's not going to make the team.  He never does.  And fumbling the ball away isn't going to help him much.  (Still though, I like that poor guy)  🙂 

    DTR wound up with good numbers.  And he did that for most of last preseason.  Then we saw during the season, against starting NFL defense players, a totally different DTR.  So.....

    All and all, it wasn't a very good showing for the guys in the day-glo orange helmets.

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @nickers said:

    I get its preseason but having a Coach whose in what?.. His 4th season now?... I expect better from an experienced coach who is still having game day management issues with his team. The team also looked abysmal.. Having said that... It's not time to panic, but.... I hope for improvement... But this tough ass schedule doesn't look promising...

    go back to  the poli board you fucking idiot

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Apparently there are Steelers fans calling for their Offensive Coordinator to get fired...

    after one preseason game. 

    Does nickers have relatives in Western Pennsylvania? ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a coach like Hue Jackson. A proven pre-season winner. 

  • I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a coach like Hue Jackson. A proven pre-season winner. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a coach like Hue Jackson. A proven pre-season winner. 

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a coach like Hue Jackson. A proven pre-season winner. 

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    That is correct.  I see you've been to a seminar or two yourself.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a coach like Hue Jackson. A proven pre-season winner. 

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    well according to some on this board, with those victories by the bears and the patriots yesterday. yep yep yep could be the next super bowl

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have a coach like Hue Jackson. A proven pre-season winner. 

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    And unbelievably, we weren't the first team to do it.  🙂 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't we go 4-0 in the preseason that we went 0-16 in the regular season? 

    And unbelievably, we weren't the first team to do it.  🙂 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @orion said:

    And unbelievably, we weren't the first team to do it.  🙂 

    Yeah, that Lions team did the same thing! ?

    At the end of the day, yes it is a preseason game. 

    But you would hope it would look a little more organized. Plenty of stuff for them to work on this coming week. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #45

    how many starters were in ? 4 -5 ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Brown the WR from South Carolina looked well also.

    4 Browns standouts who made a case for the 53-man roster vs