Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. The First Predictions I've seen...

The First Predictions I've seen...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
5 Posts 5 Posters 483 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • AP1 A Posting Machine Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 783 Posts
    • 670 Reputation
    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I don't want to take away from the season prediction thread(s) that will be coming. Out of respect for the guys that run those topics, I'm not going to make my prediction in this thread.

    Instead, I'll share that I would use the following to inspire the locker room to prove the doubters wrong.

    Screenshot_20240815_213132_Instagram.jpg

    Screenshot_20240815_213155_Instagram.jpg

    Screenshot_20240815_213142_Instagram.jpg

    Screenshot_20240815_213206_Instagram.jpg

    FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
    👍 ❤
    Quote Reply
    • Orange_Ranger Orange_RangerO Collaborator One Month Later Dedicated Week One Done Reacting Well First Post
      • 20 Posts
      • 18 Reputation
      Orange_RangerO Orange_Ranger wrote on last edited by
      #2

      So my plan is to buy a piece of swag every time the Browns win. This includes pre-season. The joke when I tell people this is, "Neat! I can't wait to see your one shirt!"

      At least this was kinder. Make me broke, Browns.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍 😂
      Quote Reply
      • A AP1

        I don't want to take away from the season prediction thread(s) that will be coming. Out of respect for the guys that run those topics, I'm not going to make my prediction in this thread.

        Instead, I'll share that I would use the following to inspire the locker room to prove the doubters wrong.

        Screenshot_20240815_213132_Instagram.jpg

        Screenshot_20240815_213155_Instagram.jpg

        Screenshot_20240815_213142_Instagram.jpg

        Screenshot_20240815_213206_Instagram.jpg

        Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 11k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @ap1 said:

        I don't want to take away from the season prediction thread(s) that will be coming. Out of respect for the guys that run those topics, I'm not going to make my prediction in this thread.

        Instead, I'll share that I would use the following to inspire the locker room to prove the doubters wrong.

        Screenshot_20240815_213132_Instagram.jpg

        Screenshot_20240815_213155_Instagram.jpg

        Screenshot_20240815_213142_Instagram.jpg

        Screenshot_20240815_213206_Instagram.jpg

        I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than very disappointed.  In 1995 there were quite a few Commentators on the networks covering the preseason games predicting the Browns would improved upon their 11-5 record from 1 season ago to make the Super Bowl.  I think even Boomer's Esiah's son and Dan Dierdorf were agreeing about the Browns finally making it to the Super Bowl if memory serves me right.  After starting that season with a 3-1 record - maybe things were going to be different this time around... They sure were as the Browns went 2-10 over the last 12 weeks as the team and fanbase received a sledge hammer upside the head as the news leaked that Modell was moving the team to Baltimore. 

        All that said, I do like to put on my Nostradumbass hat and make predictions when @dutch-oven gives us the Questions to Answer a week or 2 before the regular season starts.  The biggest challenge with that is buffering what I want this team to achieve with what reality is throwing our way.  Even then, I still add a win or 2 for my favorite team.  I'll keep ya posted when that starts paying off...

        I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          The BenGals will finish last in our division. I'm fairly certain on that.

          I really don't understand how they're predicted to be so good. Yeah, Burrow makes a difference but no way they reach the heights all these predictors are saying.

          Karlis Missed
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
            #5

            It's not like years ago when the starters would play one series in game one.  And then two or three series in game two.  A half in game three.  With game four being for the bottom of the roster.  You had some data when making a prediction for the season.  All we have is two practices against the Vikings.  And of those two practices, how much time was spent doing 11 on 11 and 7 on 7?  The Vikings game will not have any Browns starters taking part.  So all we will have to go on is the two practices with the Vikings and whatever we get to see of the starters against Seattle.  And so far, from those practices, the OL is not giving the QB confidence with several sacks and INT's resulting.  

            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate