Skip to content

The Acolyte

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
5 2 420 1
  • I finally finished up the first season of this Disney+ show set in the world of Star Wars. I wouldn’t consider myself a Star Wars superfan, but l’m definitely a fan. I got those golden childhood memories of playing with the toys, seeing Return of the Jedi at the drive in, and hanging the Burger Chef Empire Strikes Back poster on my wall.

    For the most part l’ve either enjoyed or at least didn’t hate the Star Wars content that Disney+ has put out since getting their grubby mitts on the franchise. The Mandalorian was great, l’m one of the many grinch’s whose heart grew bigger seeing Baby Yoda the first time. He’s too stinkin’ cute.

    Boba Fett was great, Obi Won was good, and l enjoyed Andor too. The Acolyte, however, was awful. It was a slog to get through and by the time the first (and apparently only) season was over, l simply didn’t care about what might potentially happen in season 2.

    The events in The Acolyte happen about a hundred years before the Phantom Menace, so it’s a time of peace and a Jedi academy that was firing on all cylinders. You couldn’t throw a rock into a crowd without hitting a Jedi. It’s like when your tomatoes in your garden all get ripe and you’re trying to figure out what to do with them all. People were canning Jedis, freezing Jedis, giving Jedis to neighbors, or roasting them to make Jedi sauce. 

    The plot centers around 2 sisters with some Jedi training, one is presented as the “dark side” sister and the other is presented as the good one. The show basically beats the shit out of the whole dark side/light side debate, which quite frankly has already been beaten to death in the movies. And there are some twists and turns and surprises throughout the first season that are frankly not that interesting or entertaining. 

    It’s a big F from me. I didn’t care for it much at all. 

  • I finally finished up the first season of this Disney+ show set in the world of Star Wars. I wouldn’t consider myself a Star Wars superfan, but l’m definitely a fan. I got those golden childhood memories of playing with the toys, seeing Return of the Jedi at the drive in, and hanging the Burger Chef Empire Strikes Back poster on my wall.

    For the most part l’ve either enjoyed or at least didn’t hate the Star Wars content that Disney+ has put out since getting their grubby mitts on the franchise. The Mandalorian was great, l’m one of the many grinch’s whose heart grew bigger seeing Baby Yoda the first time. He’s too stinkin’ cute.

    Boba Fett was great, Obi Won was good, and l enjoyed Andor too. The Acolyte, however, was awful. It was a slog to get through and by the time the first (and apparently only) season was over, l simply didn’t care about what might potentially happen in season 2.

    The events in The Acolyte happen about a hundred years before the Phantom Menace, so it’s a time of peace and a Jedi academy that was firing on all cylinders. You couldn’t throw a rock into a crowd without hitting a Jedi. It’s like when your tomatoes in your garden all get ripe and you’re trying to figure out what to do with them all. People were canning Jedis, freezing Jedis, giving Jedis to neighbors, or roasting them to make Jedi sauce. 

    The plot centers around 2 sisters with some Jedi training, one is presented as the “dark side” sister and the other is presented as the good one. The show basically beats the shit out of the whole dark side/light side debate, which quite frankly has already been beaten to death in the movies. And there are some twists and turns and surprises throughout the first season that are frankly not that interesting or entertaining. 

    It’s a big F from me. I didn’t care for it much at all. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I finally finished up the first season of this Disney+ show set in the world of Star Wars. I wouldn’t consider myself a Star Wars superfan, but l’m definitely a fan. I got those golden childhood memories of playing with the toys, seeing Return of the Jedi at the drive in, and hanging the Burger Chef Empire Strikes Back poster on my wall.

    For the most part l’ve either enjoyed or at least didn’t hate the Star Wars content that Disney+ has put out since getting their grubby mitts on the franchise. The Mandalorian was great, l’m one of the many grinch’s whose heart grew bigger seeing Baby Yoda the first time. He’s too stinkin’ cute.

    Boba Fett was great, Obi Won was good, and l enjoyed Andor too. The Acolyte, however, was awful. It was a slog to get through and by the time the first (and apparently only) season was over, l simply didn’t care about what might potentially happen in season 2.

    The events in The Acolyte happen about a hundred years before the Phantom Menace, so it’s a time of peace and a Jedi academy that was firing on all cylinders. You couldn’t throw a rock into a crowd without hitting a Jedi. It’s like when your tomatoes in your garden all get ripe and you’re trying to figure out what to do with them all. People were canning Jedis, freezing Jedis, giving Jedis to neighbors, or roasting them to make Jedi sauce. 

    The plot centers around 2 sisters with some Jedi training, one is presented as the “dark side” sister and the other is presented as the good one. The show basically beats the shit out of the whole dark side/light side debate, which quite frankly has already been beaten to death in the movies. And there are some twists and turns and surprises throughout the first season that are frankly not that interesting or entertaining. 

    It’s a big F from me. I didn’t care for it much at all. 

    I won't watch anything distributed by Disney and their perverted woke slant on everything... Fuck those psycho's!

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I finally finished up the first season of this Disney+ show set in the world of Star Wars. I wouldn’t consider myself a Star Wars superfan, but l’m definitely a fan. I got those golden childhood memories of playing with the toys, seeing Return of the Jedi at the drive in, and hanging the Burger Chef Empire Strikes Back poster on my wall.

    For the most part l’ve either enjoyed or at least didn’t hate the Star Wars content that Disney+ has put out since getting their grubby mitts on the franchise. The Mandalorian was great, l’m one of the many grinch’s whose heart grew bigger seeing Baby Yoda the first time. He’s too stinkin’ cute.

    Boba Fett was great, Obi Won was good, and l enjoyed Andor too. The Acolyte, however, was awful. It was a slog to get through and by the time the first (and apparently only) season was over, l simply didn’t care about what might potentially happen in season 2.

    The events in The Acolyte happen about a hundred years before the Phantom Menace, so it’s a time of peace and a Jedi academy that was firing on all cylinders. You couldn’t throw a rock into a crowd without hitting a Jedi. It’s like when your tomatoes in your garden all get ripe and you’re trying to figure out what to do with them all. People were canning Jedis, freezing Jedis, giving Jedis to neighbors, or roasting them to make Jedi sauce. 

    The plot centers around 2 sisters with some Jedi training, one is presented as the “dark side” sister and the other is presented as the good one. The show basically beats the shit out of the whole dark side/light side debate, which quite frankly has already been beaten to death in the movies. And there are some twists and turns and surprises throughout the first season that are frankly not that interesting or entertaining. 

    It’s a big F from me. I didn’t care for it much at all. 

    I won't watch anything distributed by Disney and their perverted woke slant on everything... Fuck those psycho's!

    @nickers said:

    I won't watch anything distributed by Disney and their perverted woke slant on everything... Fuck those psycho's!

    You denied yourself baby Yoda?!? I’m so sorry man. At least get a free trial and bask in the cuteness of baby Yoda. 

    Typically before l write these l try to read up a little. I pull up IMDB, Wiki and maybe read a couple reviews, mostly because l want to avoid saying what those reviews said. I read some “woke” knocks. 

    I recognize it when watching. It doesn’t upset me. I simply see it as a characteristic of media at this point in time. It’s sort of a hallmark that characterizes movies and shows right now, and years from now when l’m playing a movie trivia game l’ll be able to nail an answer to a question based on how woke a movie scene was.

    My choice is to experience it and live through it and be ok with it and know that there will be other twists and turns and phenomenons in film and l want to experience those too. 

  • @nickers said:

    I won't watch anything distributed by Disney and their perverted woke slant on everything... Fuck those psycho's!

    You denied yourself baby Yoda?!? I’m so sorry man. At least get a free trial and bask in the cuteness of baby Yoda. 

    Typically before l write these l try to read up a little. I pull up IMDB, Wiki and maybe read a couple reviews, mostly because l want to avoid saying what those reviews said. I read some “woke” knocks. 

    I recognize it when watching. It doesn’t upset me. I simply see it as a characteristic of media at this point in time. It’s sort of a hallmark that characterizes movies and shows right now, and years from now when l’m playing a movie trivia game l’ll be able to nail an answer to a question based on how woke a movie scene was.

    My choice is to experience it and live through it and be ok with it and know that there will be other twists and turns and phenomenons in film and l want to experience those too. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    You denied yourself baby Yoda?!? I’m so sorry man. At least get a free trial and bask in the cuteness of baby Yoda. 

    Typically before l write these l try to read up a little. I pull up IMDB, Wiki and maybe read a couple reviews, mostly because l want to avoid saying what those reviews said. I read some “woke” knocks. 

    I recognize it when watching. It doesn’t upset me. I simply see it as a characteristic of media at this point in time. It’s sort of a hallmark that characterizes movies and shows right now, and years from now when l’m playing a movie trivia game l’ll be able to nail an answer to a question based on how woke a movie scene was.

    My choice is to experience it and live through it and be ok with it and know that there will be other twists and turns and phenomenons in film and l want to experience those too. 

    Fuck that shit... I canceled Netflix too when the Founder donated 7mill to Kamalas campaign.. Fuck those commiecrats!

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    You denied yourself baby Yoda?!? I’m so sorry man. At least get a free trial and bask in the cuteness of baby Yoda. 

    Typically before l write these l try to read up a little. I pull up IMDB, Wiki and maybe read a couple reviews, mostly because l want to avoid saying what those reviews said. I read some “woke” knocks. 

    I recognize it when watching. It doesn’t upset me. I simply see it as a characteristic of media at this point in time. It’s sort of a hallmark that characterizes movies and shows right now, and years from now when l’m playing a movie trivia game l’ll be able to nail an answer to a question based on how woke a movie scene was.

    My choice is to experience it and live through it and be ok with it and know that there will be other twists and turns and phenomenons in film and l want to experience those too. 

    Fuck that shit... I canceled Netflix too when the Founder donated 7mill to Kamalas campaign.. Fuck those commiecrats!

    @nickers said:

    Fuck that shit... I canceled Netflix too when the Founder donated 7mill to Kamalas campaign.. Fuck those commiecrats!

    You stand up for what’s important to you, hats off.