Browns Roster Cuts
-
Not a fan of I.T. being cut in favor of Alex Wright. But, then again, Kamara has taken his interior reps.
-
Yeah, down to 74 players now.
Keep in mind with the 16 man practice squad your roster will actually be 69 players.
Down to 53 first and then you construct your PS.
-
I momentarily confused Isiah Thomas with Chad Thomas, our former 2018 3rd round DLman who never really panned out. He had a music career to fall back on though, his stage name is Major Nine. Apparently he’s still doing that. From the “where are they now?” archive…
-
Not a fan of I.T. being cut in favor of Alex Wright. But, then again, Kamara has taken his interior reps.
-
Not a fan of I.T. being cut in favor of Alex Wright. But, then again, Kamara has taken his interior reps.
-
Link to the Browns transaction page. No new news as of yet…
-
We had better get Foreman back on the team!
I hear contractors are taking down a wall and adding desks to the QB room...[ Berry is gonna get something for a QB if it kills him ]
- obviously the roster is going to be in a state of flux for a bit - (2 RB's 2 TE's 4 QB's)
-
08/27 Placed G Michael Dunn (designated for return) on reserve/non-football illness, RB Nyheim Hines on reserve/non-football injury, RB Nick Chubb on reserve/PUP, C Luke Wypler on reserve/injured, DT Michael Hall Jr. on exempt/Commissioner permission and waived S Brady Breeze from injured reserve
08/27 Contracts terminated for CB Tony Brown II, RB D'Onta Foreman, CB Justin Hardee Jr., T Germain Ifedi, WR James Proche II
08/27 Waived DT Jowon Briggs, WR Ahmarean Brown, WR Jaelon Darden, S Christopher Edmonds, DT Siaki Ika, DT Sam Kamara, TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden, LB Winston Reid, T Lorenzo Thompson, TE Treyton Welch, WR Michael Woods II
-
Ika is a bitter pill, but not surprising given the fit now. We just won't run that heads up or tilt shade like Pittsburgh and some other squads. Honestly figured we'd stash him for that very reason against teams where we struggled with their power game (Indy, Baltimore) but it is what it is. He'll land somewhere and be apart of a rotation as early as next season.
Highly disagree with Wright being kept over Thomas, but especially Kamara. That actually bothers me more than Ika.
Winston is going to be moved, his turnovers are just completely antithetical for this coaching staffs philosophy.
But foreman? Fuck sake, unless he's PUP, he's a better ball carrier than Strong by a wide margin.
-
Ika is a bitter pill, but not surprising given the fit now. We just won't run that heads up or tilt shade like Pittsburgh and some other squads. Honestly figured we'd stash him for that very reason against teams where we struggled with their power game (Indy, Baltimore) but it is what it is. He'll land somewhere and be apart of a rotation as early as next season.
Highly disagree with Wright being kept over Thomas, but especially Kamara. That actually bothers me more than Ika.
Winston is going to be moved, his turnovers are just completely antithetical for this coaching staffs philosophy.
But foreman? Fuck sake, unless he's PUP, he's a better ball carrier than Strong by a wide margin.
Ika is a bitter pill, but not surprising given the fit now. We just won't run that heads up or tilt shade like Pittsburgh and some other squads. Honestly figured we'd stash him for that very reason against teams where we struggled with their power game (Indy, Baltimore) but it is what it is. He'll land somewhere and be apart of a rotation as early as next season.
Highly disagree with Wright being kept over Thomas, but especially Kamara. That actually bothers me more than Ika.
Winston is going to be moved, his turnovers are just completely antithetical for this coaching staffs philosophy.
But foreman? Fuck sake, unless he's PUP, he's a better ball carrier than Strong by a wide margin.
Foreman will be back. We did the same with Dunn last year and again this year. I am not sure how "designated for return" works. Probably an agreement to give them a signing bonus to sign pretty much the contract they signed before. There can be risk in that. The Cavs had a similar deal...I forget the players name and he opted to leave.
-
Ika is a bitter pill, but not surprising given the fit now. We just won't run that heads up or tilt shade like Pittsburgh and some other squads. Honestly figured we'd stash him for that very reason against teams where we struggled with their power game (Indy, Baltimore) but it is what it is. He'll land somewhere and be apart of a rotation as early as next season.
Highly disagree with Wright being kept over Thomas, but especially Kamara. That actually bothers me more than Ika.
Winston is going to be moved, his turnovers are just completely antithetical for this coaching staffs philosophy.
But foreman? Fuck sake, unless he's PUP, he's a better ball carrier than Strong by a wide margin.
Foreman will be back. We did the same with Dunn last year and again this year. I am not sure how "designated for return" works. Probably an agreement to give them a signing bonus to sign pretty much the contract they signed before. There can be risk in that. The Cavs had a similar deal...I forget the players name and he opted to leave.
Foreman will be back. We did the same with Dunn last year and again this year. I am not sure how "designated for return" works. Probably an agreement to give them a signing bonus to sign pretty much the contract they signed before. There can be risk in that. The Cavs had a similar deal...I forget the players name and he opted to leave.
To answer my own question, designated for return means you can bring 2 players from the IR list without them having to miss 4 games. The IR designation allows the Browns to hold their rights.
-
Foreman will be back, Stef highly hinted that just now. Definitely shopping the best deal for which QB they plan to drop (which I gotta believe is Huntley or Winston). I’d be surprised if it’s Winston- I never was crazy about the fit but it’s not like they didnt know who that man was before he signed.
Also will definitely be adding a third TE, but we shall see who gets waived for that to open up.
-
Foreman will be back, Stef highly hinted that just now. Definitely shopping the best deal for which QB they plan to drop (which I gotta believe is Huntley or Winston). I’d be surprised if it’s Winston- I never was crazy about the fit but it’s not like they didnt know who that man was before he signed.
Also will definitely be adding a third TE, but we shall see who gets waived for that to open up.
Foreman will be back, Stef highly hinted that just now. Definitely shopping the best deal for which QB they plan to drop (which I gotta believe is Huntley or Winston). I’d be surprised if it’s Winston- I never was crazy about the fit but it’s not like they didnt know who that man was before he signed.
Also will definitely be adding a third TE, but we shall see who gets waived for that to open up.
I know I'm not the 1st to say this or think it; but we'll probably see some of the RBs and TEs that were cut rejoining the Browns on the practice squad. The depth at OT still looks like a concern considering 3 guys we're keeping were on IR last year with injuries that needed surgeries. 1 of them just started practicing while Wills has yet to practice. Newsome is coming off a surgery on his hamstring while there's been some discussion in here about Ward's current concussion. The Browns should be diligent with adding Corners to the practice squad as well. We shall see...
-
Foreman will be back, Stef highly hinted that just now. Definitely shopping the best deal for which QB they plan to drop (which I gotta believe is Huntley or Winston). I’d be surprised if it’s Winston- I never was crazy about the fit but it’s not like they didnt know who that man was before he signed.
Also will definitely be adding a third TE, but we shall see who gets waived for that to open up.
I know I'm not the 1st to say this or think it; but we'll probably see some of the RBs and TEs that were cut rejoining the Browns on the practice squad. The depth at OT still looks like a concern considering 3 guys we're keeping were on IR last year with injuries that needed surgeries. 1 of them just started practicing while Wills has yet to practice. Newsome is coming off a surgery on his hamstring while there's been some discussion in here about Ward's current concussion. The Browns should be diligent with adding Corners to the practice squad as well. We shall see...
I know I'm not the 1st to say this or think it; but we'll probably see some of the RBs and TEs that were cut rejoining the Browns on the practice squad. The depth at OT still looks like a concern considering 3 guys we're keeping were on IR last year with injuries that needed surgeries. 1 of them just started practicing while Wills has yet to practice. Newsome is coming off a surgery on his hamstring while there's been some discussion in here about Ward's current concussion. The Browns should be diligent with adding Corners to the practice squad as well. We shall see...
Yep, be interesting to see who they claim off waivers and retain on final 53. Always a fun time of the year to watch before game 1 kickoff.
-
Foreman will be back, Stef highly hinted that just now. Definitely shopping the best deal for which QB they plan to drop (which I gotta believe is Huntley or Winston). I’d be surprised if it’s Winston- I never was crazy about the fit but it’s not like they didnt know who that man was before he signed.
Also will definitely be adding a third TE, but we shall see who gets waived for that to open up.
Foreman will be back, Stef highly hinted that just now. Definitely shopping the best deal for which QB they plan to drop (which I gotta believe is Huntley or Winston). I’d be surprised if it’s Winston- I never was crazy about the fit but it’s not like they didnt know who that man was before he signed.
Also will definitely be adding a third TE, but we shall see who gets waived for that to open up.
It won't be Winston.
Just a thought from left field, I wonder if we might keep Huntley but use him in a non QB function? The guy has great running ability. Seems we could craft out some sort of role to take advantage of that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login