Skip to content

■  ? 9/6 plus ★ 9/8 -4:25 pm DAL @ CLE ! ★ AND "LATE GAMES" --> [ GO TO new BROWNS 9/8 GAME THREAD ]

The Browns Board
92 13 3.4k
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I like the Packers straight up with one of my upsets this week.  I think they will get better QB play.  And Against the spread as favorites the Eagles ended the year poorly while the Packers were great in that spot.  New year though- but i expect the Packers to continue this trend.
     

  • @syd said:

    bet if you trigger this fella enough he will turn into the internet tough(wanna fight) guy

    Projecting again I see.

    I will pray things get better for you. 

    Enjoy the season, I know I will!

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #44

    @packernation said:

    Projecting again I see.

    I will pray things get better for you. 

    Enjoy the season, I know I will!

    I have never even said a cruel word to any one on this board, projecting !!!! please

    edit: side note: Coach Brown would have coached circles around vince

  • I like the Packers straight up with one of my upsets this week.  I think they will get better QB play.  And Against the spread as favorites the Eagles ended the year poorly while the Packers were great in that spot.  New year though- but i expect the Packers to continue this trend.
     

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I like the Packers straight up with one of my upsets this week.  I think they will get better QB play.  And Against the spread as favorites the Eagles ended the year poorly while the Packers were great in that spot.  New year though- but i expect the Packers to continue this trend.
     

    The Eagles are deemed the home team for this game, so I guess that is why Vegas has them -3.? I'm just glad the Packers are not the ones that lose a home game because of this international game.

    I don't place bets or make guarantees when it comes to the Packers, but I like their chances in this one.

    I think a lot of people will come away from this game with the thought that the Packers defense is much better than what the national media led them to believe about the Packers defense.

    Bottom line..

    The Packers have the superior roster and coaching staff. The Eagles though are indeed a very good team. The Packers will have to play at the high level they are capable of to bring home the dub.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I like the Packers straight up with one of my upsets this week.  I think they will get better QB play.  And Against the spread as favorites the Eagles ended the year poorly while the Packers were great in that spot.  New year though- but i expect the Packers to continue this trend.
     

    The Eagles are deemed the home team for this game, so I guess that is why Vegas has them -3.? I'm just glad the Packers are not the ones that lose a home game because of this international game.

    I don't place bets or make guarantees when it comes to the Packers, but I like their chances in this one.

    I think a lot of people will come away from this game with the thought that the Packers defense is much better than what the national media led them to believe about the Packers defense.

    Bottom line..

    The Packers have the superior roster and coaching staff. The Eagles though are indeed a very good team. The Packers will have to play at the high level they are capable of to bring home the dub.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #46

    @packernation said:

    The Packers have the superior roster and coaching staff

    the packers arnt even the best team in their division, maybe not even 2nd best

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    I think the Eagles will win easily.

    There's more smog in the Philly metro area, so a slight advantage to the Eagles' lungs.

    Philly's D let 'em down last year. If it isn't improved, the Pack wins 27-20. 

    PSA- this game shouldn't be a week 1 game in Brazil. The NFL is getting silly here, play it later on, like week 3 or 4.

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    I think the Eagles will win easily.

    There's more smog in the Philly metro area, so a slight advantage to the Eagles' lungs.

    Philly's D let 'em down last year. If it isn't improved, the Pack wins 27-20. 

    PSA- this game shouldn't be a week 1 game in Brazil. The NFL is getting silly here, play it later on, like week 3 or 4.

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #48

    @bob806 said:

    There's more smog in the Philly metro area, so a slight advantage to the Eagles' lungs.

    Philly's D let 'em down last year. If it isn't improved, the Pack wins 27-20. 

    PSA- this game shouldn't be a week 1 game in Brazil. The NFL is getting silly here, play it later on, like week 3 or 4.

    Worst cities for smog are in California. Philly isn't even in the top 20. They are saying the air quality in São Paulo at present isn't as bad as it was a week ago. Closer to the Amazon is where it is the worst.

    27-20 is a decent pick for a final score.

    I personally don't think Philly gets to 20(maybe 16) but I am biased after seeing Green Bay's D all camp. I like what D coordinator Jeff Hafley has brought to the defense.

    We shall soon see what happens. The Pack departs on their flight to Brazil at 7:20 a.m. today(Weds.) 12 hour flight. Get some sleep on the plane boys.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #49

    If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

  • If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #50

    @dutch-oven said:

    If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

    It's a week 1 NFL games thread. No one is begging you to read my posts. Put me on ignore, rather than crying over me. 

    Most stable and knowledgeable fans enjoy a different perspective on things once in a while. I check out a few NFL team message boards. In the end we all are NFL fans.

    Never had a problem before on a NFL fan forum.  Most here represent a great fan base in Cleveland. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

    It's a week 1 NFL games thread. No one is begging you to read my posts. Put me on ignore, rather than crying over me. 

    Most stable and knowledgeable fans enjoy a different perspective on things once in a while. I check out a few NFL team message boards. In the end we all are NFL fans.

    Never had a problem before on a NFL fan forum.  Most here represent a great fan base in Cleveland. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @packernation said:

    Most stable and knowledgeable fans enjoy a different perspective on things once in a while. I check out a few NFL team message boards. In the end we all are NFL fans.

    I do the same thing, visit other fan forums. Generally just a stalker, not a commenter.

    From what I've read/seen, EVERY fan base is the same (hence, fanatics lol). ...

    ..the offensive play calls suck, the head coach is over his head, the refs screwed us. 

    Check out the Bills fan forum. I swear 3/4s of the fans hate Sean McDermott, the guy who actually brought success to Buffalo. https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/ . Kind of close to home, like many in CLE don't like Stefanski, the guy who brought us 2 playoff seasons, which is amazing after a 4-40-1 stretch.

  • If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @dutch-oven said:

    If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Having a good deal of familiarity with Hafley's designs from his time with the country 3 at tOSU, and being pretty versed in what Coach Fangio does, Jacobs having a better game than Quon, in terms of rushing stats, wouldn't be all that surprising.  Coach Vic really loves setting then bringing his Dbs at/from depth into the run fit.  Tends to make coaches play patient.  But there is a part of me wondering if young Lefleur has that level of patience within him. 

    On the flip side, a lot of Hafley's single high designs have long drawn counters, especially by teams that can run the rock, work ball action to invite downhill while working vertical.  And the Packers DBs, outside of McDuffie, aren't particularly tall. 

    I think you mean Xavier McKinney, one of the Packers safeties. McDuffie is a LB. 

    I don't think height of DBs will decide this game or really matters if they can play. But the smallest DBs on the Packers are 5'11", and 5'10(Jaire Alexander, one of the best CBs in the league.) And CB Eric Stokes is 6'1 and McKinney is 6'0.  I'll take the Packers DBs over the Eagles. Philly's DBs are suspect. Mitchell is a rook that J-Love will torch.

    LaFleur is about balance. Isn't like LaFleur runs a pass happy offense.

    The game has passed Fangio by. This is why he has had to move around so much the last 5 years.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @packernation said:

    I think you mean Xavier McKinney, one of the Packers safeties. McDuffie is a LB. 

    I don't think height of DBs will decide this game or really matters if they can play. But the smallest DBs on the Packers are 5'11", and 5'10(Jaire Alexander, one of the best CBs in the league.) And CB Eric Stokes is 6'1 and McKinney is 6'0.  I'll take the Packers DBs over the Eagles. Philly's DBs are suspect. Mitchell is a rook that J-Love will torch.

    LaFleur is about balance. Isn't like LaFleur runs a pass happy offense.

    The game has passed Fangio by. This is why he has had to move around so much the last 5 years.

    You're right about McKinney, which is funny because I could have sworn he signed with you guys just this off-season.  So I checked ESPN to make sure I wasn't mental and then just got wires crossed looking at the depth chart ?. Effects of a long, holiday weekend. 

     Philly ran for 3 bills last time you guys played them.  Good amount of personnel on both squads from that game.  I'd suspect the birds play in reverse this time to get their receiver's going early, and I struggle to see anyone on the GB roster that matches up well with AJ Brown.  Despite the fact that Jaire is pound for pound, an absolute animal and one of my favorite DBs in the entire league. 

    I'm just comparing relative strengths and weaknesses.  We'll have to disagree about coach Vic, I appreciate a lot of what he has to offer the game. 

  • @packernation said:

    Most stable and knowledgeable fans enjoy a different perspective on things once in a while. I check out a few NFL team message boards. In the end we all are NFL fans.

    I do the same thing, visit other fan forums. Generally just a stalker, not a commenter.

    From what I've read/seen, EVERY fan base is the same (hence, fanatics lol). ...

    ..the offensive play calls suck, the head coach is over his head, the refs screwed us. 

    Check out the Bills fan forum. I swear 3/4s of the fans hate Sean McDermott, the guy who actually brought success to Buffalo. https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/ . Kind of close to home, like many in CLE don't like Stefanski, the guy who brought us 2 playoff seasons, which is amazing after a 4-40-1 stretch.

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @bob806 said:

    I do the same thing, visit other fan forums. Generally just a stalker, not a commenter.

    From what I've read/seen, EVERY fan base is the same (hence, fanatics lol). ...

    ..the offensive play calls suck, the head coach is over his head, the refs screwed us. 

    Check out the Bills fan forum. I swear 3/4s of the fans hate Sean McDermott, the guy who actually brought success to Buffalo. https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/ . Kind of close to home, like many in CLE don't like Stefanski, the guy who brought us 2 playoff seasons, which is amazing after a 4-40-1 stretch.

    The Vikings fan forum was a little testy at first with a Packers fan on there. They have had their souls crushed by the Packers a lot over the years. But once they realized I am chill and just talk football, they were good. A small minority here seem to not understand that some fans are not just haters of other teams.

    Yeah, most fan bases seem to never be fully happy with their team. Then you have Chiefs fans that think their sh&t doesn't stink. I stopped there the week the Packers played the Chiefs last year. They got real quiet when the Packers beat the Chiefs. The nerve of a team to beat their precious Chiefs.?

  • @packernation said:

    I think you mean Xavier McKinney, one of the Packers safeties. McDuffie is a LB. 

    I don't think height of DBs will decide this game or really matters if they can play. But the smallest DBs on the Packers are 5'11", and 5'10(Jaire Alexander, one of the best CBs in the league.) And CB Eric Stokes is 6'1 and McKinney is 6'0.  I'll take the Packers DBs over the Eagles. Philly's DBs are suspect. Mitchell is a rook that J-Love will torch.

    LaFleur is about balance. Isn't like LaFleur runs a pass happy offense.

    The game has passed Fangio by. This is why he has had to move around so much the last 5 years.

    You're right about McKinney, which is funny because I could have sworn he signed with you guys just this off-season.  So I checked ESPN to make sure I wasn't mental and then just got wires crossed looking at the depth chart ?. Effects of a long, holiday weekend. 

     Philly ran for 3 bills last time you guys played them.  Good amount of personnel on both squads from that game.  I'd suspect the birds play in reverse this time to get their receiver's going early, and I struggle to see anyone on the GB roster that matches up well with AJ Brown.  Despite the fact that Jaire is pound for pound, an absolute animal and one of my favorite DBs in the entire league. 

    I'm just comparing relative strengths and weaknesses.  We'll have to disagree about coach Vic, I appreciate a lot of what he has to offer the game. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're right about McKinney, which is funny because I could have sworn he signed with you guys just this off-season.  So I checked ESPN to make sure I wasn't mental and then just got wires crossed looking at the depth chart ?. Effects of a long, holiday weekend. 

     Philly ran for 3 bills last time you guys played them.  Good amount of personnel on both squads from that game.  I'd suspect the birds play in reverse this time to get their receiver's going early, and I struggle to see anyone on the GB roster that matches up well with AJ Brown.  Despite the fact that Jaire is pound for pound, an absolute animal and one of my favorite DBs in the entire league. 

    I'm just comparing relative strengths and weaknesses.  We'll have to disagree about coach Vic, I appreciate a lot of what he has to offer the game. 

    All those yards Philly racked up against the Pack was with Joe Barry as DC. He was fired for a reason. I think you will be surprised with the Packers defense under Hafley. I was at 7 training camps practices this summer and the D was impressive. Against the Ravens in a joint practice the Packers D had the Ravens completely rattled. And each teams ones go against each other in joint practices. Different than a preseason game.

    I'm not saying the Pack will destroy the Eagles, but I very much like their chances.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're right about McKinney, which is funny because I could have sworn he signed with you guys just this off-season.  So I checked ESPN to make sure I wasn't mental and then just got wires crossed looking at the depth chart ?. Effects of a long, holiday weekend. 

     Philly ran for 3 bills last time you guys played them.  Good amount of personnel on both squads from that game.  I'd suspect the birds play in reverse this time to get their receiver's going early, and I struggle to see anyone on the GB roster that matches up well with AJ Brown.  Despite the fact that Jaire is pound for pound, an absolute animal and one of my favorite DBs in the entire league. 

    I'm just comparing relative strengths and weaknesses.  We'll have to disagree about coach Vic, I appreciate a lot of what he has to offer the game. 

    All those yards Philly racked up against the Pack was with Joe Barry as DC. He was fired for a reason. I think you will be surprised with the Packers defense under Hafley. I was at 7 training camps practices this summer and the D was impressive. Against the Ravens in a joint practice the Packers D had the Ravens completely rattled. And each teams ones go against each other in joint practices. Different than a preseason game.

    I'm not saying the Pack will destroy the Eagles, but I very much like their chances.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @packernation said:

    All those yards Philly racked up against the Pack was with Joe Barry as DC. He was fired for a reason. I think you will be surprised with the Packers defense under Hafley. I was at 7 training camps practices this summer and the D was impressive. Against the Ravens in a joint practice the Packers D had the Ravens completely rattled. And each teams ones go against each other in joint practices. Different than a preseason game.

    I'm not saying the Pack will destroy the Eagles, but I very much like their chances.

    Again, just so we're understanding each other - Hafley was Ohio State's DC in 2019.  I am very aware of what he brings to the table in philosophy and design. 

     Which is the reason I first and most specifically mentioned the Packer corners vs the bird WRs.  I'm going to be enjoying that matchup the best, because my heart is always defense. 

    I have no dog in the fight. I just love the game and I'm looking forward to seeing some good football this weekend.

  • @packernation said:

    All those yards Philly racked up against the Pack was with Joe Barry as DC. He was fired for a reason. I think you will be surprised with the Packers defense under Hafley. I was at 7 training camps practices this summer and the D was impressive. Against the Ravens in a joint practice the Packers D had the Ravens completely rattled. And each teams ones go against each other in joint practices. Different than a preseason game.

    I'm not saying the Pack will destroy the Eagles, but I very much like their chances.

    Again, just so we're understanding each other - Hafley was Ohio State's DC in 2019.  I am very aware of what he brings to the table in philosophy and design. 

     Which is the reason I first and most specifically mentioned the Packer corners vs the bird WRs.  I'm going to be enjoying that matchup the best, because my heart is always defense. 

    I have no dog in the fight. I just love the game and I'm looking forward to seeing some good football this weekend.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @tiamat63 said:

    Again, just so we're understanding each other - Hafley was Ohio State's DC in 2019.  I am very aware of what he brings to the table in philosophy and design. 

     Which is the reason I first and most specifically mentioned the Packer corners vs the bird WRs.  I'm going to be enjoying that matchup the best, because my heart is always defense. 

    I have no dog in the fight. I just love the game and I'm looking forward to seeing some good football this weekend.

    so should i bet the over or under,,,lol,, no for real

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If there only were Green Bay Packers message boards for Green Bay Packers fans to talk Green Bay Packers football.

    If. Only. 

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #58

    @bob806 said:

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

  • @bob806 said:

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @dutch-oven said:

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    you mean this pompous bullshit

    1000000109.thumb.jpg.39045406b8fa02f21b437de5cb1e8bae.jpg

  • @bob806 said:

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @dutch-oven said:

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    Oh look, we have a keyboard warrior, hiding behind a screen. Have not seen a keyboard warrior on a NFL forum in many years. 

    Moving on to people that are relevant and things that matter...

    I like the Jets getting the 4 against the Niners on Monday night. 

    Screenshot_20240904-2148502.thumb.png.dd979015b9f06b82a6bc33d694bb3574.png

  • @bob806 said:

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @dutch-oven said:

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    We do have a juvenile tradition of renaming opposing teams’ fans.

    What should we name this guy?

  • @bob806 said:

    As long as it's civil, it's ok. 

    My 2nd favorite NFL division is the NFC North. Their fans are like us....tortured ( Lions, Vikings= Browns), spoiled ( Packers, like Steelers). Bears, well mostly sadness with a sprinkle of happiness ( Ratbirds).

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @dutch-oven said:

    It is absolutely ok. 

    I actually really like our resident Steelers fan Vagitron more than I like a good portion of our own fan base on here.

    This particular Packers fan strikes me as a pompous douche. 

    In his defense, I think when your team has 2 HOF caliber QBs back to back in roughly a 30 year period, maybe perspective is difficult. Something we certainly aren't used to.

    Let's give it a bit more time.