Skip to content

How many games will Watson last?

The Browns Board
109 28 4.8k 1
  • Knowing our luck, he will start 17 games, break franchise records, lead us to the 1st division title since 1989.....then snap his fibula getting out of an SUV before the 1st playoff game?

  • ?

    I sure hope he plays well, he's our QB. Last thing the Browns need are the boo birds on opening day.

  • ?

    I sure hope he plays well, he's our QB. Last thing the Browns need are the boo birds on opening day.

    @bob806 said:

    ?

    I sure hope he plays well, he's our QB. Last thing the Browns need are the boo birds on opening day.

    well, the boo birds let Tim Couch have it back in the day, and he didn't deserve it. OTH, this qb.......

  • @bob806 said:

    ?

    I sure hope he plays well, he's our QB. Last thing the Browns need are the boo birds on opening day.

    well, the boo birds let Tim Couch have it back in the day, and he didn't deserve it. OTH, this qb.......

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, the boo birds let Tim Couch have it back in the day, and he didn't deserve it. OTH, this qb.......

    2 wrongs don't make a right

  • @bob806 said:

    ?

    I sure hope he plays well, he's our QB. Last thing the Browns need are the boo birds on opening day.

    well, the boo birds let Tim Couch have it back in the day, and he didn't deserve it. OTH, this qb.......

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, the boo birds let Tim Couch have it back in the day, and he didn't deserve it. OTH, this qb.......

    What the hell does Tim Couch have to do with... anything? 

  • Watson plays the season.

  • After today, hopefully not many.

  • how about the entire team

  • what a stupid bitch

  • Why does it matter?

    A 26 year old Tom Brady wouldn't make a difference. This team has already.packed it in for the season.

  • sydS syd

    what a stupid bitch

    @syd said:

    what a stupid bitch

    She isn't stupid. She has a vagina. This is confusing to Browns fans. LMAO

  • I wasn't sure he'd make it one. I'm extremely worried about his shoulder...his throws didn't look right. I just don't know he can throw it like he needs to. Cmon Watson...please still have it. 

  • Could be the worst trade in NFL history.

    Name a worse 1 for 230 mil?

  • It’s time. Forget about the dead cap, forget about the assets that were given up to get quarterback Deshaun Watson. It’s time for the Cleveland Browns to pull the plug.

    End the Watson experience now.

    Yes, he’s expensive. Yes, the Browns will have to eat a ton of dead cap to make it happen. But the Browns have a ton of proven players on restructurable contracts to work around any of it.

    The Browns and head coach Kevin Stefanski have proven they can work with backup quarterbacks like Joe Flacco, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, and even practice squad players like P.J. Walker. Turn the reigns over to Jameis Winston. You can win 10 games with Winston at the helm

  • I think we get 5 games out of our star.

    @kvoethe said:

    I think we get 5 games out of our star.

    I responded to this post but wanted to add to your thoughts.

    The situation has got infected to the point where people are saying Watson more than they are saying Browns.

    This guy is now a cancerous distraction. All the energy is focused on Deshaun.

    Flacco demonstrated that this team is decent. I would release him.

  • @kvoethe said:

    I think we get 5 games out of our star.

    I responded to this post but wanted to add to your thoughts.

    The situation has got infected to the point where people are saying Watson more than they are saying Browns.

    This guy is now a cancerous distraction. All the energy is focused on Deshaun.

    Flacco demonstrated that this team is decent. I would release him.

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I responded to this post but wanted to add to your thoughts.

    The situation has got infected to the point where people are saying Watson more than they are saying Browns.

    This guy is now a cancerous distraction. All the energy is focused on Deshaun.

    Flacco demonstrated that this team is decent. I would release him.

    They can’t afford to cut him until 2026 at the earliest. They’d take an enormous dead cap hit next year that they can’t afford to overcome.

    What they can do is:

    1) Hope the OL quits on him and the other team sends him to IR quickly

    2) Burn a spot on the 53 and make him the highest paid benchwarmer of all time.

    If he doesn’t get hurt soon they need to do #2 and just suck it up, better than a 9.4 QBR behind center 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I responded to this post but wanted to add to your thoughts.

    The situation has got infected to the point where people are saying Watson more than they are saying Browns.

    This guy is now a cancerous distraction. All the energy is focused on Deshaun.

    Flacco demonstrated that this team is decent. I would release him.

    They can’t afford to cut him until 2026 at the earliest. They’d take an enormous dead cap hit next year that they can’t afford to overcome.

    What they can do is:

    1) Hope the OL quits on him and the other team sends him to IR quickly

    2) Burn a spot on the 53 and make him the highest paid benchwarmer of all time.

    If he doesn’t get hurt soon they need to do #2 and just suck it up, better than a 9.4 QBR behind center 

    @bbedward said:

    They can’t afford to cut him until 2026 at the earliest. They’d take an enormous dead cap hit next year that they can’t afford to overcome.

    What they can do is:

    1) Hope the OL quits on him and the other team sends him to IR quickly

    2) Burn a spot on the 53 and make him the highest paid benchwarmer of all time.

    If he doesn’t get hurt soon they need to do #2 and just suck it up, better than a 9.4 QBR behind center 

    I would then agree with your assessment. For sure, this is a mess.

    You have to think someone's head will roll.

    Soon, someone is going to post a comparison of Watson and Mayfield and the fireworks will really start.

  • @bbedward said:

    They can’t afford to cut him until 2026 at the earliest. They’d take an enormous dead cap hit next year that they can’t afford to overcome.

    What they can do is:

    1) Hope the OL quits on him and the other team sends him to IR quickly

    2) Burn a spot on the 53 and make him the highest paid benchwarmer of all time.

    If he doesn’t get hurt soon they need to do #2 and just suck it up, better than a 9.4 QBR behind center 

    I would then agree with your assessment. For sure, this is a mess.

    You have to think someone's head will roll.

    Soon, someone is going to post a comparison of Watson and Mayfield and the fireworks will really start.

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I would then agree with your assessment. For sure, this is a mess.

    You have to think someone's head will roll.

    Correct. It really should be the owner, Jimmy Haslam, but we all know that's never going to happen.

    I never ran a business, closest to that was being a Plain Dealer paperboy. That being said, why would you be in a hurry to hire a person who was in a legal mess to begin with? Let the dust settle, and if DW was cleared, then make the move.

    I realize that's hindsight, but WTF was he thinking?

    So yeah, Berry & Stefanski will get the axe eventually. 

    Lather, rinse repeat.