How many games will Watson last?
-
It's gotten past the idea that the women accusing him were just "gold-diggers".
There ..how many qb's in the NFL ? probably 64? and their giant all time huge contract keeps getting sued, and all? of the others don't?
It's sad.
It's just one game, but I was wrong, Baker threw for 4 touchdowns. They could have gotten rid of Baker and still gotten a qb that wouldn't make them cringe on and off the field. I just don't believe in Stefanski or haslam.
"
Stars in blowout victory
Mayfield completed 24 of 30 pass attempts for 289 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for 21 yards on three attempts in Sunday's 37-20 win over the Commanders.Advice: Mayfield was nearly flawless in the Buccaneers 2024 home opener, missing just six pass attempts and committing no turnovers in a comfortable win. The 2018 first-overall pick looked the part in his second season starting for Tampa Bay, feeding top wideouts Mike Evans (5/61/2) and Chris Godwin (8/83/1) the football early and often. Mayfield looks like a great value pick after being drafted in the mid to late rounds in fantasy drafts. Now we will witness how this offense performs on the road against a tough Detroit defense next Sunday."Now we will witness how this offense performs on the road against a tough Detroit defense next Sunday."Well duh. However, full disclosure. I have both Evans and Goodwin on my FFL and am playing them both this weekend. I already got 3 DTs out of my Buffalo RB last night so...........................................Go Baker you asswipe!!?
-
The more feminine members here rise up and bitch about living in the past talking about Mayfield, but have no problem living in the past when it comes to Paul Brown, the move, Belichik firing Kosar, or Warfield for Phipps.
The insult to injury is, Mayfield isn't in the past. He is in the present and while jism queens want to protest, the fact remains that this is a topic that the major sportscaster are talking about.
One of the resident homosexual posters suggest the Browns should have given him a Swan to play with. Reality is, a good coach settled the kid down.
Meanwhile we have a pervert QB who can't play for shit.
I think Baker reached his emotional ceiling with the Browns; he did as well with the Browns as he was doing to do. That's disagreeable to many.
The jackassery of musical chairs and shuffling around of the coaching staff was not on him. The Front Office didn't provide him the roster he needed. Stefanski's offense may not have suited him. None of that is on him, the Browns did not provide what he needed and that is on the Franchise (ownership).
Baker needs to have a chip on his shoulder. He needs to feel doubted. That's when he is his best. At some point, I'm sure drama will be created in Tampa and he'll wear out his welcome.
Yes, you are 100% correct about many Browns fans being scorned. AAFC Championships and NFL Championships are nice, but they're not Super Bowl wins. We do hang our hats on Paul Brown and Bernie, we loathe Modell and will never forget the move.
I'm sure there are, though off the top of my head I can't think of any other franchises that have only been on the losing end of games known by signature moments - Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble. I can't speak for any other Browns fans, but I will say that playing in a Super Bowl would alleviate many of those frustrations.
I think Baker reached his emotional ceiling with the Browns; he did as well with the Browns as he was doing to do. That's disagreeable to many.
The jackassery of musical chairs and shuffling around of the coaching staff was not on him. The Front Office didn't provide him the roster he needed. Stefanski's offense may not have suited him. None of that is on him, the Browns did not provide what he needed and that is on the Franchise (ownership).
Baker needs to have a chip on his shoulder. He needs to feel doubted. That's when he is his best. At some point, I'm sure drama will be created in Tampa and he'll wear out his welcome.
Yes, you are 100% correct about many Browns fans being scorned. AAFC Championships and NFL Championships are nice, but they're not Super Bowl wins. We do hang our hats on Paul Brown and Bernie, we loathe Modell and will never forget the move.
I'm sure there are, though off the top of my head I can't think of any other franchises that have only been on the losing end of games known by signature moments - Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble. I can't speak for any other Browns fans, but I will say that playing in a Super Bowl would alleviate many of those frustrations.
Great take. I don't remember the source but I once heard the phrase "we must live in the times we live in".
I think this applies to your AAFC and '64 observations. This is 2024 and the SB is the crown jewel of the NFL. We may not like it, but it is an embarassment for the franchise to have never gone.
Regarding Mayfield....I believe that when an employee leaves and rises with someone else, management has failed.
To say the Watson/Mayfield conversation is in the past, or doesn't mean anything is self-delusion. The media and other fan bases constantly refer to the.move as being one of the worst in league history.
Whatever Watson is or isn't, right now, today, he is a bust.
-
I was a Baker fan and thought he got a bad deal from Cleveland. But he's always been a mid-tier QB for which I'd love to have a mid tier on our team now. However, the chance of getting a top 5 qb is around in this league which Watson was at the time is extremely rare. Browns took a big risk and it has so far blown up in their faces.
Let's not forget that LA and Carolina both gave up on Baker after Cleveland. It's even more of an embarrassment that Baker is beating Carolina twice a year.
-
-
-
Watson still did nothing to make me think he’s a better option than Winston.
-
-
-
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
-
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
the upside is, the Btowns have a first round pick next year !
The damage to the Browns has been done.
-
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
Be careful. I get the DW hate but I wouldn't ever write that or say that out loud.
-
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
Be careful. I get the DW hate but I wouldn't ever write that or say that out loud.
Be careful. I get the DW hate but I wouldn't ever write that or say that out loud.
yeah, but booing and wanting him benched is valid.
EIGHT SACKS ? He plays like he doesn't give a damn about football. He has his money. A loser on and off the field.
Worst trade ever.
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-calls-grow-bench-giants/
Calls Grow for Browns to Bench QB Deshaun Watson
-
Be careful. I get the DW hate but I wouldn't ever write that or say that out loud.
yeah, but booing and wanting him benched is valid.
EIGHT SACKS ? He plays like he doesn't give a damn about football. He has his money. A loser on and off the field.
Worst trade ever.
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-calls-grow-bench-giants/
Calls Grow for Browns to Bench QB Deshaun Watson
yeah, but booing and wanting him benched is valid.
EIGHT SACKS ? He plays like he doesn't give a damn about football. He has his money. A loser on and off the field.
Worst trade ever.
https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-calls-grow-bench-giants/
Calls Grow for Browns to Bench QB Deshaun Watson
Berry shouldn't get a pass, unless Haslam put the DW order in (which it seems).
-
I would bet that he plays all 17.
AGAIN, let me try to help you. The Browns FO is NEVER going to admit they made a mistake.
Dee Haslam will scream racism if they dare bench Watson. And Berry is never going to admit he made a $235 million mistake.
Watson is the guy.
-
I've seen a lot of bad browns quarterbacks but I've never hoped for one to have their career ended by a permanent injury before deshuan watson.
Be careful. I get the DW hate but I wouldn't ever write that or say that out loud.
-
I would bet that he plays all 17.
AGAIN, let me try to help you. The Browns FO is NEVER going to admit they made a mistake.
Dee Haslam will scream racism if they dare bench Watson. And Berry is never going to admit he made a $235 million mistake.
Watson is the guy.
I would bet that he plays all 17.
AGAIN, let me try to help you. The Browns FO is NEVER going to admit they made a mistake.
Dee Haslam will scream racism if they dare bench Watson. And Berry is never going to admit he made a $235 million mistake.
Watson is the guy.
So they'll flush yet anther season by Berry and Has-been refusing to admit they made one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the NFL bringing Watson on board.
I'll only bother posting this here. Watson sucked today. Period. Don't try putting lipstick on a pig Browns FO, I'm smarter than that . Watson no longer passes the eye test of what a franchise NFL QB looks like. A half beat slow, not recognizing he was about to get killed. 1\2 the time shitty accuracy on his passes.
If Denver could bite the bullet and say adios to Russell Wilson, the Browns should do the same with Watson. Today's game showed the Super Bowl aspirations of the Browns have been vastly overrated.
-
Watson is almost as bad a QB as he is a person
-
DTR can't be worse than watching this guy shit in my cheerios every game he plays.
I don't know, after they screwed Baker Mayfield, something inside of me died. I barely follow along anymore.
I never thought it would happen... but I can't even stand Madden. I may be too far gone. Maybe it was all a dream...
but there's a whisper on the wind ~~~ it's saying something ~~~ it's saying chubb, yes! that's it, it's saying Nick Chubb.
Play DTR and let Chubb get back in there. I don't know how you could even think about a new stadium when the guys in charge can't even manage the football team correctly.
Let's trade Watson for a happy ending and rebuild the offense with somebody who is not washed up. It's a shame too because I could have watched Baker for the next 10 years win or lose and it wouldn't matter. I know he's somebody who understands the game, where to go with the ball, and will give us a chance, rain or shine. With Watson it's like I don't think it's he actually washed up but maybe more like he never had it. I think the team around him and his athletic ability were the perfect storm at that time in the NFL. Now he seems super vanilla. and not even with the vanilla bean specks, just walmart bucket vanilla... with a flimsy red handle and a little crack... and freezer burned...
I'm going to go with he's gone before the trade deadline. They'll eat his contract for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Ugh. What's Colt McCoy up to?
-
DTR can't be worse than watching this guy shit in my cheerios every game he plays.
I don't know, after they screwed Baker Mayfield, something inside of me died. I barely follow along anymore.
I never thought it would happen... but I can't even stand Madden. I may be too far gone. Maybe it was all a dream...
but there's a whisper on the wind ~~~ it's saying something ~~~ it's saying chubb, yes! that's it, it's saying Nick Chubb.
Play DTR and let Chubb get back in there. I don't know how you could even think about a new stadium when the guys in charge can't even manage the football team correctly.
Let's trade Watson for a happy ending and rebuild the offense with somebody who is not washed up. It's a shame too because I could have watched Baker for the next 10 years win or lose and it wouldn't matter. I know he's somebody who understands the game, where to go with the ball, and will give us a chance, rain or shine. With Watson it's like I don't think it's he actually washed up but maybe more like he never had it. I think the team around him and his athletic ability were the perfect storm at that time in the NFL. Now he seems super vanilla. and not even with the vanilla bean specks, just walmart bucket vanilla... with a flimsy red handle and a little crack... and freezer burned...
I'm going to go with he's gone before the trade deadline. They'll eat his contract for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Ugh. What's Colt McCoy up to?
DTR can't be worse than watching this guy shit in my cheerios every game he plays.
I don't know, after they screwed Baker Mayfield, something inside of me died. I barely follow along anymore.
I never thought it would happen... but I can't even stand Madden. I may be too far gone. Maybe it was all a dream...
but there's a whisper on the wind ~~~ it's saying something ~~~ it's saying chubb, yes! that's it, it's saying Nick Chubb.
Play DTR and let Chubb get back in there. I don't know how you could even think about a new stadium when the guys in charge can't even manage the football team correctly.
Let's trade Watson for a happy ending and rebuild the offense with somebody who is not washed up. It's a shame too because I could have watched Baker for the next 10 years win or lose and it wouldn't matter. I know he's somebody who understands the game, where to go with the ball, and will give us a chance, rain or shine. With Watson it's like I don't think it's he actually washed up but maybe more like he never had it. I think the team around him and his athletic ability were the perfect storm at that time in the NFL. Now he seems super vanilla. and not even with the vanilla bean specks, just walmart bucket vanilla... with a flimsy red handle and a little crack... and freezer burned...
I'm going to go with he's gone before the trade deadline. They'll eat his contract for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Ugh. What's Colt McCoy up to?
Good to hear from ya PoG!.. Hope all is well with ya...
-
I would bet that he plays all 17.
AGAIN, let me try to help you. The Browns FO is NEVER going to admit they made a mistake.
Dee Haslam will scream racism if they dare bench Watson. And Berry is never going to admit he made a $235 million mistake.
Watson is the guy.
So they'll flush yet anther season by Berry and Has-been refusing to admit they made one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the NFL bringing Watson on board.
I'll only bother posting this here. Watson sucked today. Period. Don't try putting lipstick on a pig Browns FO, I'm smarter than that . Watson no longer passes the eye test of what a franchise NFL QB looks like. A half beat slow, not recognizing he was about to get killed. 1\2 the time shitty accuracy on his passes.
If Denver could bite the bullet and say adios to Russell Wilson, the Browns should do the same with Watson. Today's game showed the Super Bowl aspirations of the Browns have been vastly overrated.
So they'll flush yet anther season by Berry and Has-been refusing to admit they made one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the NFL bringing Watson on board.
I'll only bother posting this here. Watson sucked today. Period. Don't try putting lipstick on a pig Browns FO, I'm smarter than that . Watson no longer passes the eye test of what a franchise NFL QB looks like. A half beat slow, not recognizing he was about to get killed. 1\2 the time shitty accuracy on his passes.
If Denver could bite the bullet and say adios to Russell Wilson, the Browns should do the same with Watson. Today's game showed the Super Bowl aspirations of the Browns have been vastly overrated.
Larry, you know things are bad when we agree most of the time.
I have been posting on this very phenomenon. The Browns no longer make football decisions. Now decisions are about appearance, DEI, and everything but football.
Chubb is another fuck up. He isn't coming back to anything near his old self. The entire offense is on hold for a 8 year old RB with a destroyed knee.
Going in, I thought this was a 7 -10 caliber team and still see that.
Stefanski is garbage. He is Depodesta's coffee fetcher.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
