Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Cowboys

The Browns Board
24 9 828
  • sydS syd

    I expect our D to smack the hell outta them cowboys, their only playmaker just rejoined the team and who are they going to count on Zeke ? cook ? I see a beatdown being put on by The Browns

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @syd said:

    I expect our D to smack the hell outta them cowboys, their only playmaker just rejoined the team and who are they going to count on Zeke ? cook ? I see a beatdown being put on by The Browns

    I really hope you're right. Let's flashback to 1979 MNF, Browns 26 Dall-ass 7.

    The Cowboys are solid on D, and Dak has proven to be a good QB, especially in the regular season. 

    I'll be in attendance. Go Browns

  • @syd said:

    I expect our D to smack the hell outta them cowboys, their only playmaker just rejoined the team and who are they going to count on Zeke ? cook ? I see a beatdown being put on by The Browns

    I really hope you're right. Let's flashback to 1979 MNF, Browns 26 Dall-ass 7.

    The Cowboys are solid on D, and Dak has proven to be a good QB, especially in the regular season. 

    I'll be in attendance. Go Browns

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @bob806 said:

    I'll be in attendance. Go Browns

    Hell Ya

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #5
    cle.png&h=40&w=40Cleveland Browns
     
    NAME POS EST. RETURN DATE STATUS COMMENT
    Jedrick Wills Jr. OT Sep 15 Out Sep 6: Wills (knee) has been ruled out ahead of Sunday's Week 1 contest against the Cowboys, Daniel Oyefusi of ESPN.com reports.
    Jack Conklin OT Sep 8 Questionable  
    Michael Dunn G Oct 6 Out Aug 28: Dunn (undisclosed) was placed on the reserve/non-football illness list by the Browns on Tuesday, Kelsey Russo of the team's official website reports.
    Luke Wypler C Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 27: Cleveland placed Wypler (ankle) on its injured reserve list Tuesday, Kelsey Russo of the Browns' official site reports.
    Nick Chubb RB Oct 6 Out Aug 27: Chubb (knee) is on the reserve/PUP list to start the regular season, ruling him out for at least the first four games.
    Mike Hall Jr. DT Sep 8 Out Aug 27: Hall (neck) was placed on the commissioner's exempt list Tuesday.
    Nyheim Hines RB Oct 6 Out Aug 27: Hines (knee) will open the regular season on the non-football injury list and miss a minimum of four games, Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
    Brandon Bouyer-Randle LB Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 22: Bouyer-Randle (undisclosed) reverted to the Browns' injured reserve list Thursday after going unclaimed off waivers, Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2 Houston reports.
    Hakeem Adeniji OT Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 20: The Chiefs placed Adeniji (knee) on the reserve/injured list Monday, Chris Easterling of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
     
    dal.png&h=40&w=40Dallas Cowboys
     
    NAME POS EST. RETURN DATE STATUS COMMENT
    CeeDee Lamb WR Sep 8 Out Sep 4: Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy said Wednesday that Lamb, who remains on the reserve/commissioner's exempt list, is "building up to Sunday," Jon Machota of The Athletic reports.
    John Stephens Jr. TE Sep 8 Questionable Sep 4: Stephens (hamstring) isn't practicing Wednesday, Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports.
    Durrell Johnson DE Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 29: Johnson (undisclosed) reverted to IR on Wednesday, per the NFL's transaction log.
    Chuma Edoga G Oct 6 Injured Reserve Aug 29: Dallas placed Edoga (toe) on the reserve/injured list Thursday, Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2 Houston reports.
    Nathan Thomas OT Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 28: Thomas (undisclosed) was placed on injured reserve by the Cowboys on Tuesday.
    DaRon Bland CB Oct 6 Injured Reserve Aug 27: The Cowboys placed Bland (foot) on injured reserve Tuesday, with a designation to return.
    Earl Bostick Jr. OT Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 19: Bostick (leg) was placed on the Cowboys' injured reserve Monday.
    Sam Williams DE Feb 10 Injured Reserve Aug 6: The Cowboys placed Williams (knee) on injured reserve Tuesday, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports.
     
    ------------
    So, in theory, we could be without our two starting tackles again.  
     
     
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Should be a nice game. 

    I will be there.  Currently in a hotel in Cincy.  I don't drive through anymore.   Looks like decent temps, but the wind could make it feel a bit cool, so will have a sweatshirt.

  • Should be a nice game. 

    I will be there.  Currently in a hotel in Cincy.  I don't drive through anymore.   Looks like decent temps, but the wind could make it feel a bit cool, so will have a sweatshirt.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @ballpeen said:

    I will be there.

    Way to go ballpeen!  Enjoy!

  • @ballpeen said:

    I will be there.

    Way to go ballpeen!  Enjoy!

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @orion said:

    Way to go ballpeen!  Enjoy!

    I have had season tickets for 18 years.  I don't buy them to not use them.  As I have gotten older the trip from Chattanooga has started to take a toll.  I can't say I make every game anymore, but I make at least 5-6.

    Today, head for Cleveland in a hour or so, head to the stadium to buy some new gear.  Maybe grab some lunch at the Flatiron, or drive out to Jakes on the Lake for a later lunch, or just munch then go to Don's Pomeroy PUB for an early dinner after checking in to the hotel.

    The 4 hour drive up to Cleveland gives the wife and I time to set the final plans.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #9

    In Vegas the Cowboys opened as a 1.5 point favorite on average, but huge betting has reversed that a full 4 points so the line is now Browns by 2.5. That kind of movement from opening to this close to kickoff is very rare. Lot big $$ has gone towards the Browns to win.

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

  • In Vegas the Cowboys opened as a 1.5 point favorite on average, but huge betting has reversed that a full 4 points so the line is now Browns by 2.5. That kind of movement from opening to this close to kickoff is very rare. Lot big $$ has gone towards the Browns to win.

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

    BIG Congrats to proud Papa and to Daughter!!!!!

  • In Vegas the Cowboys opened as a 1.5 point favorite on average, but huge betting has reversed that a full 4 points so the line is now Browns by 2.5. That kind of movement from opening to this close to kickoff is very rare. Lot big $$ has gone towards the Browns to win.

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @texasag1969 said:

    In Vegas the Cowboys opened as a 1.5 point favorite on average, but huge betting has reversed that a full 4 points so the line is now Browns by 2.5. That kind of movement from opening to this close to kickoff is very rare. Lot big $$ has gone towards the Browns to win.

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In Vegas the Cowboys opened as a 1.5 point favorite on average, but huge betting has reversed that a full 4 points so the line is now Browns by 2.5. That kind of movement from opening to this close to kickoff is very rare. Lot big $$ has gone towards the Browns to win.

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

    And disguised him as the underworld God Hades.⚡?

  • sydS syd

    I expect our D to smack the hell outta them cowboys, their only playmaker just rejoined the team and who are they going to count on Zeke ? cook ? I see a beatdown being put on by The Browns

    G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @syd said:

    I expect our D to smack the hell outta them cowboys, their only playmaker just rejoined the team and who are they going to count on Zeke ? cook ? I see a beatdown being put on by The Browns

    LMMFAO. The only thing smacking are Schwarz's lips kissing McCarthy ass.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In Vegas the Cowboys opened as a 1.5 point favorite on average, but huge betting has reversed that a full 4 points so the line is now Browns by 2.5. That kind of movement from opening to this close to kickoff is very rare. Lot big $$ has gone towards the Browns to win.

    Oh, and my daughters book published on Tuesday was sold out on Amazon in two days. Just thought I'd throw that in. LOL!?

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

    G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

    I'm sorry Ghoolie, I don't socialize with men who beat women. 

    Nothing personal, of course. 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

    I'm sorry Ghoolie, I don't socialize with men who beat women. 

    Nothing personal, of course. 

    G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm sorry Ghoolie, I don't socialize with men who beat women. 

    Nothing personal, of course. 

    Okay, okay. I will stop beating you.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did she write a biography of Derrick Henry? ?

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

    No I didn't. 

    I only explained some X's and O"s stuff because I love talking ball. If this is a 'money where your mouth is'... not only did I bet the over, I bet against the Browns. 

    Screenshot_20240908-1907462.thumb.png.0ffab1ae246f492732200a02aafcd6b0.png

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm sorry Ghoolie, I don't socialize with men who beat women. 

    Nothing personal, of course. 

    Okay, okay. I will stop beating you.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Okay, okay. I will stop beating you.

    Did it make you feel strong, beating your first wife? 

    You must have a tremendous amount of guilt. 

    Perhaps you should find Jesus, and ask his forgiveness.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Tiamat told everyone to bet the Browns based on his analytics. However, the Browns didn't really lose. Not in the fantasy work where Tiamat dwells.

    No I didn't. 

    I only explained some X's and O"s stuff because I love talking ball. If this is a 'money where your mouth is'... not only did I bet the over, I bet against the Browns. 

    Screenshot_20240908-1907462.thumb.png.0ffab1ae246f492732200a02aafcd6b0.png

    G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    No I didn't. 

    I only explained some X's and O"s stuff because I love talking ball. If this is a 'money where your mouth is'... not only did I bet the over, I bet against the Browns. 

    Screenshot_20240908-1907462.thumb.png.0ffab1ae246f492732200a02aafcd6b0.png

    Dude, I know you love talking football. But you have a life. Live it. Do something in the real world.

    You bet football? This you think is something admirable or intellectual?

    If you were any good at this shit, you would have an NFL job, and not waste your life providing statistics for all us assholes (me included).

    You bet on football, I bet on me. I risked all we had on a start up company. we just secured $21 million in financing to build q new plant in CA. I also am raising funds for a new start up for a water technology I invented.

    Now, the point of this is not a pissing contest, for there are serial entrepreneurs who make me look like Mild Garrett, WPOY - Wimpy Player Of The Year.

    You are a bright guy. Set your sights higher. You deserve better than putting all that effort into this fucking moshpit.

    I believe in you. You deserve more.

    If you were one of my employees,.or son, that's what I would tellbyou.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No I didn't. 

    I only explained some X's and O"s stuff because I love talking ball. If this is a 'money where your mouth is'... not only did I bet the over, I bet against the Browns. 

    Screenshot_20240908-1907462.thumb.png.0ffab1ae246f492732200a02aafcd6b0.png

    Dude, I know you love talking football. But you have a life. Live it. Do something in the real world.

    You bet football? This you think is something admirable or intellectual?

    If you were any good at this shit, you would have an NFL job, and not waste your life providing statistics for all us assholes (me included).

    You bet on football, I bet on me. I risked all we had on a start up company. we just secured $21 million in financing to build q new plant in CA. I also am raising funds for a new start up for a water technology I invented.

    Now, the point of this is not a pissing contest, for there are serial entrepreneurs who make me look like Mild Garrett, WPOY - Wimpy Player Of The Year.

    You are a bright guy. Set your sights higher. You deserve better than putting all that effort into this fucking moshpit.

    I believe in you. You deserve more.

    If you were one of my employees,.or son, that's what I would tellbyou.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Dude, I know you love talking football. But you have a life. Live it. Do something in the real world.

    You bet football? This you think is something admirable or intellectual?

    If you were any good at this shit, you would have an NFL job, and not waste your life providing statistics for all us assholes (me included).

    You bet on football, I bet on me. I risked all we had on a start up company. we just secured $21 million in financing to build q new plant in CA. I also am raising funds for a new start up for a water technology I invented.

    Now, the point of this is not a pissing contest, for there are serial entrepreneurs who make me look like Mild Garrett, WPOY - Wimpy Player Of The Year.

    You are a bright guy. Set your sights higher. You deserve better than putting all that effort into this fucking moshpit.

    I believe in you. You deserve more.

    If you were one of my employees,.or son, that's what I would tellbyou.

    Neat. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    ?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    No I didn't. 

    I only explained some X's and O"s stuff because I love talking ball. If this is a 'money where your mouth is'... not only did I bet the over, I bet against the Browns. 

    Screenshot_20240908-1907462.thumb.png.0ffab1ae246f492732200a02aafcd6b0.png

    Dude, I know you love talking football. But you have a life. Live it. Do something in the real world.

    You bet football? This you think is something admirable or intellectual?

    If you were any good at this shit, you would have an NFL job, and not waste your life providing statistics for all us assholes (me included).

    You bet on football, I bet on me. I risked all we had on a start up company. we just secured $21 million in financing to build q new plant in CA. I also am raising funds for a new start up for a water technology I invented.

    Now, the point of this is not a pissing contest, for there are serial entrepreneurs who make me look like Mild Garrett, WPOY - Wimpy Player Of The Year.

    You are a bright guy. Set your sights higher. You deserve better than putting all that effort into this fucking moshpit.

    I believe in you. You deserve more.

    If you were one of my employees,.or son, that's what I would tellbyou.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Dude, I know you love talking football. But you have a life. Live it. Do something in the real world.

    If you were one of my employees,.or son, that's what I would tellbyou.

    ? Says a guy that beats women (that's plural)