Skip to content

Dream A Little Dream With Me

The Browns Board
150 21 4.4k 1
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

  • Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

    Transfer portal closed on Dec 28 and so it's either come back or go pro. Or enter the next transfer portal time April 16-25, but this means missing important spring football practice with a new team.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

    Transfer portal closed on Dec 28 and so it's either come back or go pro. Or enter the next transfer portal time April 16-25, but this means missing important spring football practice with a new team.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Transfer portal closed on Dec 28 and so it's either come back or go pro. Or enter the next transfer portal time April 16-25, but this means missing important spring football practice with a new team.

    Ooh, good point. 

    Got to think he's going to declare then. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Transfer portal closed on Dec 28 and so it's either come back or go pro. Or enter the next transfer portal time April 16-25, but this means missing important spring football practice with a new team.

    Ooh, good point. 

    Got to think he's going to declare then. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @dutch-oven said:

    Ooh, good point. 

    Got to think he's going to declare then. 

    Well if reports are true he's been offered $6 mil to transfer, that's more than he makes as a rookie QB in the NFL by far isn't it?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Ooh, good point. 

    Got to think he's going to declare then. 

    Well if reports are true he's been offered $6 mil to transfer, that's more than he makes as a rookie QB in the NFL by far isn't it?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well if reports are true he's been offered $6 mil to transfer, that's more than he makes as a rookie QB in the NFL by far isn't it?

    Easily. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Ooh, good point. 

    Got to think he's going to declare then. 

    Well if reports are true he's been offered $6 mil to transfer, that's more than he makes as a rookie QB in the NFL by far isn't it?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well if reports are true he's been offered $6 mil to transfer, that's more than he makes as a rookie QB in the NFL by far isn't it?

    Probably Aggies!  Has anyone seen how much time rookie QB Caleb Williams has to throw in Chicago?  He looks like he's had as much fun as DTR.   

    We need a FO that knows what it's doing in this draft; because that garbage I typed above gave me the hee-bee-gee-bees.   

  • Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

    Hard pass.  I'd rather take the Arizona QB.  

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Cam Skattleboozle is an interesting prospect.  Reminds me a bit of Zeke in his build.   Not the best acceleration to take the edge, but good patience and strength between the tackles. 

  • Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread, he's playing right now vs Arizona State in the CFP Quarterfinal. 

    He has one more year of eligibility, but with Arch Manning behind him, the Longhorns might have to push Ewers aside for the highly-touted Manning. 

    Ewers could transfer for his last season, like Will Howard did when he left Kansas State to go to Ohio State, or he could just declare for the NFL Draft. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread

    nflDraftBuzz has him as the 4th rated QB in the draft.

    I'm going to say what I always say when we need to draft a QB.  I want the tallest drink of water with the strongest arm.

    Beck is tall.  And I loved Jeff Beck.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread

    nflDraftBuzz has him as the 4th rated QB in the draft.

    I'm going to say what I always say when we need to draft a QB.  I want the tallest drink of water with the strongest arm.

    Beck is tall.  And I loved Jeff Beck.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    nflDraftBuzz has him as the 4th rated QB in the draft.

    I'm going to say what I always say when we need to draft a QB.  I want the tallest drink of water with the strongest arm.

    Beck is tall.  And I loved Jeff Beck.  

    In a perfect world we’d have a young Joe Flacco with more athleticism and less propensity for head scratching interceptions.

    Thoughts on the musician Beck? 

  • @orion said:

    nflDraftBuzz has him as the 4th rated QB in the draft.

    I'm going to say what I always say when we need to draft a QB.  I want the tallest drink of water with the strongest arm.

    Beck is tall.  And I loved Jeff Beck.  

    In a perfect world we’d have a young Joe Flacco with more athleticism and less propensity for head scratching interceptions.

    Thoughts on the musician Beck? 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    @dutch-oven said:

    Thoughts on the musician Beck?

    Jeff?  I never saw him perform live and in person.  Live at Ronnie Scotts is tremendous.  I don't know if anyone was is equal at the guitar.  Certainly, nobody could sound like him.  

    Agreed about Flacco without the interceptions.  I don't really need my QB to be really athletic.  Just tall, smart, strong arm, accurate and a good QB sneaker.  Is that asking for too much?  lol

    edit:  I should add that I DO like the song Loser by Beck.  🙂 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Quinn Ewers is a name mentioned as a possible non-first round QB draft pick for the Browns in this thread

    nflDraftBuzz has him as the 4th rated QB in the draft.

    I'm going to say what I always say when we need to draft a QB.  I want the tallest drink of water with the strongest arm.

    Beck is tall.  And I loved Jeff Beck.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    nflDraftBuzz has him as the 4th rated QB in the draft.

    I'm going to say what I always say when we need to draft a QB.  I want the tallest drink of water with the strongest arm.

    Beck is tall.  And I loved Jeff Beck.  

    I'm gonna borrow some Scorpions lyrics here - "there's no one like you"

    Seeing the field well & decision making is make or break though...