Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Jaguars

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Jaguars

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
46 Posts 15 Posters 1.2k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1
      Tale of the Tape  
    O f f e n s e D e f e n s e
    Cleveland Rush /G Pass /G Sacked Run D /G Pass D /G Sacks Give/Take
    BROWNS 93 22nd 169 21st 6 102 13th 179 14th 3 -2
    Jaguars 128 15th 162 24th 3 81 7th 338 32nd 3 -1

    So here are the stats for this whole regular season  🙂  one game.  But it sure says a lot about our offense.  Almost half of our rushing yardage came from 5 Watson scrambles.  And for being as far behind on the scoreboard as we were, we can only see 169 yards of passing progress.  The 6 sacks say a lot about how bad the passing game was.  And in reality, our defense did a fairly good job against the Cowboys.

    Onto this week.  The Jaguars allowed 338 passing yards last week.  If we can get some blocking up front the passing game should look better.  'Should '  and probably had better look better this week.  The Jags ran the ball fairly well last week but did not put up good passing numbers.  

    I see this as a pretty even contest.  Both teams need to rebound.  Both teams see this as a winnable game.  And both teams see the other as a Wild Card rival.  I'd like to think that we will win this game.....however, I did see our game last Sunday...so...it's hard to amass the confidence in such a prediction.  But in reality we probably need to find a way to win the next 4 games.  

    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
    G 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Orange_Ranger Orange_RangerO Collaborator One Month Later Dedicated Week One Done Reacting Well First Post
      • 20 Posts
      • 18 Reputation
      Orange_RangerO Orange_Ranger wrote on last edited by
      #2

      This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

      T OrionO 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Orange_RangerO Orange_Ranger

        This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @orange_ranger said:

        This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

        Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

        Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
        👍 ❤
        Quote Reply
        • Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 3k Posts
          • 924 Reputation
          KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Watson named starter...

          G 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • AP1 A Posting Machine Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 783 Posts
            • 670 Reputation
            A AP1 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

            mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • T TexasAg1969

              @orange_ranger said:

              This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

              Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

              Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 15k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @texasag1969 said:

              Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

              Also, one of those touchdowns was a punt return. 

              T 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Orange_RangerO Orange_Ranger

                This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

                Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @orange_ranger said:

                But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not?

                As Dutch pointed out, it would've been 26 points on our defense.  (punt return)   Remarkably, we possessed the ball for 2 minutes longer than the Cowboys.  And our D held them to 265 yards.  That's not too shabby.  The OLine has to do a better job in order for us to be competitive....and in order to evaluate Watson's true ability.

                BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 5k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Where to watch state side?

                  Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

                  Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

                  Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

                  https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

                  IMG_2086.jpeg

                  A 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
                    • 240 Posts
                    • 65 Reputation
                    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
                    #9

                    Screenshot_20240912-1033552.thumb.png.3976d2e8c8738eaef35eb290452f3a9f.png

                    Jags favored. Give me the Brownies getting the 3.5. Under 41.5

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                      @texasag1969 said:

                      Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

                      Also, one of those touchdowns was a punt return. 

                      TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 23k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @dutch-oven said:

                      Also, one of those touchdowns was a punt return. 

                      I'm trying to disremember that the best I can. 

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      😂
                      Quote Reply
                      • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 15k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        DT Siaki Ika, Browns 3rd round pick last season, has returned and been placed on the practice squad. 

                        OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown

                          Where to watch state side?

                          Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

                          Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

                          Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

                          https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

                          IMG_2086.jpeg

                          AP1 A Posting Machine Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 783 Posts
                          • 670 Reputation
                          A AP1 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @ibleedbrown said:

                          Where to watch state side?

                          Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

                          Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

                          Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

                          https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

                          IMG_2086.jpeg

                          I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          😂
                          Quote Reply
                          • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                            DT Siaki Ika, Browns 3rd round pick last season, has returned and been placed on the practice squad. 

                            Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
                            #13

                            @dutch-oven said:

                            DT Siaki Ika, Browns 3rd round pick last season, has returned and been placed on the practice squad. 

                            And David Bell has been signed to the active roster.

                            ...and of course, this:

                            Placed LB Mohamoud Diabate (hip), LB Tony Fields II (ankle), DT Maurice Hurst II (ankle), S Juan Thornhill (calf) on reserve/injured

                            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • A AP1

                              @ibleedbrown said:

                              Where to watch state side?

                              Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

                              Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

                              Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

                              https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

                              IMG_2086.jpeg

                              I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

                              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 23k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @ap1 said:

                              I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

                              Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

                              Dutch OvenD A 2 Replies Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • T TexasAg1969

                                @ap1 said:

                                I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

                                Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

                                Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 15k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @texasag1969 said:

                                Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

                                Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

                                tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                                  @texasag1969 said:

                                  Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

                                  Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

                                  tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                  • 13k Posts
                                  • 5k Reputation
                                  tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @dutch-oven said:

                                  Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

                                  No thanks, just coffee. 

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  😂
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • T TexasAg1969

                                    @ap1 said:

                                    I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

                                    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

                                    AP1 A Posting Machine Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 783 Posts
                                    • 670 Reputation
                                    A AP1 wrote on last edited by AP1
                                    #17

                                    @texasag1969 said:

                                    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

                                    @dutch-oven said:

                                    Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

                                    A couple of games a year, when I was 10, 11, 12, my Dad would take me to the nearest bar. Since the Browns were never on in our area, Dad would ask the owner if he could turn one of the corner TVs to the Browns game so we could watch. He'd order appetizers, pop for me and beer and we'd get to enjoy the Brownies.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍 ❤
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • A AP1

                                      It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

                                      mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                      • 18k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @ap1 said:

                                      It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

                                      That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

                                      It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

                                      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                      Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
                                        • 240 Posts
                                        • 65 Reputation
                                        PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
                                        #19

                                        Browns can't go 0-2. Packers are in the same boat. Cept the Packers are starting a backup QB. Defense has to come up big.

                                        I think the Browns will take care of Jax. Same old Jags. Let's go! Must win.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • mjp28M mjp28

                                          @ap1 said:

                                          It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

                                          That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

                                          It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

                                          Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 15k Posts
                                          • 8k Reputation
                                          Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @mjp28 said:

                                          That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

                                          It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

                                          Understandably QB will be the focus around here until the situation is actually fixed long-term.

                                          But man oh man, the Browns OLine and DLine are collectively getting up there in age. The Browns have to infuse talented youth into both of them this coming off season. 

                                          sydS OrionO Korsou DawgK 3 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate