Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Jaguars

The Browns Board
46 15 1.2k
  • Orange_RangerO Orange_Ranger wrote on last edited by
    #2

    This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

  • This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @orange_ranger said:

    This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

    Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Watson named starter...

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

  • @orange_ranger said:

    This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

    Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

    Also, one of those touchdowns was a punt return. 

  • This could come off as a sarcastic attack bait so I want to disclamier right away that it isn't, I'm new to the sport and though I've learned a lot quickly I have a lot left to learn. So this is a genuine question: I've heard a few people say our defense did a fairly good job against the cowboys. I've heard a couple say they were bad too but I've heard a lot of either "they were ok" or "they were pretty good". Our low score can be attributed to Watson or maybe even the offensive line or both or...idk, saturn aligning with mercury. But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not? No matter how badly our offense plays that has nothing to do with how many points cowboys score right? Unless they intercept and then run it back. Is it just because they had possession for so long that the score was that high? Just because it seems like there are plenty of games that get played four quarters where no one breaks 30. So are we attributing the score the cowboys recieved to the number of turnovers and possession time the cowboys had?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @orange_ranger said:

    But 33 cowboys points is the responsibility of the defense is it not?

    As Dutch pointed out, it would've been 26 points on our defense.  (punt return)   Remarkably, we possessed the ball for 2 minutes longer than the Cowboys.  And our D held them to 265 yards.  That's not too shabby.  The OLine has to do a better job in order for us to be competitive....and in order to evaluate Watson's true ability.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Where to watch state side?

    Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

    Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

    Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

    IMG_2086.jpeg

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #9

    Screenshot_20240912-1033552.thumb.png.3976d2e8c8738eaef35eb290452f3a9f.png

    Jags favored. Give me the Brownies getting the 3.5. Under 41.5

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Any defense that is stuck with an offense that can produce only one first down in the first half is going to already be getting dog tired by the end of a half like that. Add the -2 for the turnover department and you have an instant recipe for the disaster we saw. But I also give full credit to the boys for moving their star defender all over the field and making life miserable for our underwhelming OTs. All on this board knew the weakness of OT for this team and it never got fully addressed in the off-season. Our FO sucked in that fuckup and deserves all the blame there is to give.

    Also, one of those touchdowns was a punt return. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dutch-oven said:

    Also, one of those touchdowns was a punt return. 

    I'm trying to disremember that the best I can. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    DT Siaki Ika, Browns 3rd round pick last season, has returned and been placed on the practice squad. 

  • Where to watch state side?

    Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

    Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

    Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

    IMG_2086.jpeg

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Where to watch state side?

    Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

    Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

    Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

    IMG_2086.jpeg

    I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

  • DT Siaki Ika, Browns 3rd round pick last season, has returned and been placed on the practice squad. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #13

    @dutch-oven said:

    DT Siaki Ika, Browns 3rd round pick last season, has returned and been placed on the practice squad. 

    And David Bell has been signed to the active roster.

    ...and of course, this:

    Placed LB Mohamoud Diabate (hip), LB Tony Fields II (ankle), DT Maurice Hurst II (ankle), S Juan Thornhill (calf) on reserve/injured

  • A AP1

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Where to watch state side?

    Looks like most of Ohio gets to watch locally, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert and some of our Quaker friends along the WV border.

    Most of FL gets it too, except for you Floridians living on the tip of the phallus. Southern GA and parts of southern AL get it too. Some border areas of KY and WV, they get the Browns too. 

    Our Amish friends near Erie, PA get the game too. The Amish love the Browns. 

    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2

    IMG_2086.jpeg

    I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @ap1 said:

    I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

  • @ap1 said:

    I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @texasag1969 said:

    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

    Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

    Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

    No thanks, just coffee. 

  • @ap1 said:

    I'm just foaming at the mouth at the thought of the barn-burner in my area - Jets & Titans.

    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by AP1
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    Me too. I feel your pain Bro. And the stupid line plays the Browns on the county just north of us. I may go up to Killeen and find a sports bar. Ya think they'll let me stay if I just drink a soda? I don't ever drink alcohol and drive and my wife broke an ankle when she totaled her car two weeks back, so she can't be my DD.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Get some wings... a nice quesadilla... perhaps some jalapeno poppers? ?

    A couple of games a year, when I was 10, 11, 12, my Dad would take me to the nearest bar. Since the Browns were never on in our area, Dad would ask the owner if he could turn one of the corner TVs to the Browns game so we could watch. He'd order appetizers, pop for me and beer and we'd get to enjoy the Brownies.

  • A AP1

    It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @ap1 said:

    It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

    That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

    It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #19

    Browns can't go 0-2. Packers are in the same boat. Cept the Packers are starting a backup QB. Defense has to come up big.

    I think the Browns will take care of Jax. Same old Jags. Let's go! Must win.

  • @ap1 said:

    It all starts up front. Hopefully there were some realizations in the OL room this week.

    That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

    It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mjp28 said:

    That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

    It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

    Understandably QB will be the focus around here until the situation is actually fixed long-term.

    But man oh man, the Browns OLine and DLine are collectively getting up there in age. The Browns have to infuse talented youth into both of them this coming off season. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    That is right. ...  OL  -or-  DL   with no line it all stops there.   Any star. RB  will tell you that.   A  QB has a precious few seconds to get any pass away.

    It sure was nice when the  BROWNS  had the  # 1 running game in the  NFL  just a few years back.    A dependible,  healthy line.

    Understandably QB will be the focus around here until the situation is actually fixed long-term.

    But man oh man, the Browns OLine and DLine are collectively getting up there in age. The Browns have to infuse talented youth into both of them this coming off season. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @dutch-oven said:

    Understandably QB will be the focus around here until the situation is actually fixed long-term.

    But man oh man, the Browns OLine and DLine are collectively getting up there in age. The Browns have to infuse talented youth into both of them this coming off season. 

    would you consider  trading Myles for a couple of picks ? (I mean like 2 1st or a 1st and a 2nd)