Skip to content

●  ?  NFL  - WEEK 2 - Browns 18 at Jaguars 13 Game Thread ||<--▪︎ WAS RIGHT HERE ? ★ (REVISED SEPT. 17) W1

The Browns Board
191 27 4.2k 1
  • sydS syd

    GET TO ENJOY YHT REST OF THE DAY,,,,,hell YES

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    GET TO ENJOY YHT REST OF THE DAY,,,,,hell YES

    As simple as that sounds, it means so much.

  • A AP1

    @syd said:

    GET TO ENJOY YHT REST OF THE DAY,,,,,hell YES

    As simple as that sounds, it means so much.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @ap1 said:

    As simple as that sounds, it means so much.

    yes it does

  • G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    Always good to win. Lack of discipline remains an issue. Playoffs? Possible,  but this team scares nobody.

    Hope next week is another improvement.

  • Always good to win. Lack of discipline remains an issue. Playoffs? Possible,  but this team scares nobody.

    Hope next week is another improvement.

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Always good to win. Lack of discipline remains an issue. Playoffs? Possible,  but this team scares nobody.

    Hope next week is another improvement.

    ? 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    count the first 3 games as pre season, teams will gel penalties will be limited 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So did I miss anything? ?

  • Well after last week's opener that featured major league prices for minor league football, I have no confidence.

    So that means Browns 15 Jax 13. Blocked punt out of end zone is the difference lol

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Well after last week's opener that featured major league prices for minor league football, I have no confidence.

    So that means Browns 15 Jax 13. Blocked punt out of end zone is the difference lol

    DING DING DING....I almost nailed it.

  • @bob806 said:

    Well after last week's opener that featured major league prices for minor league football, I have no confidence.

    So that means Browns 15 Jax 13. Blocked punt out of end zone is the difference lol

    DING DING DING....I almost nailed it.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    DING DING DING....I almost nailed it.

    Holy smokes, you really did!

  • @bob806 said:

    DING DING DING....I almost nailed it.

    Holy smokes, you really did!

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Holy smokes, you really did!

    Crazy game.

    I was at a good friends gathering for the game, so I didn't log in here til now. 

    Certainly a bunch of positives, but the pre snap penalties drove me nuts. Good road win though.

    I'm going to scroll back & read these comments...woof

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Holy smokes, you really did!

    Crazy game.

    I was at a good friends gathering for the game, so I didn't log in here til now. 

    Certainly a bunch of positives, but the pre snap penalties drove me nuts. Good road win though.

    I'm going to scroll back & read these comments...woof

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    Crazy game.

    I was at a good friends gathering for the game, so I didn't log in here til now. 

    Certainly a bunch of positives, but the pre snap penalties drove me nuts. Good road win though.

    I'm going to scroll back & read these comments...woof

    I kind of looked at the beginning and the end of the comments, but I can imagine the rest... ?

    Sloppy, ugly win, but hey, we're Browns fans. 

    We are never in any position to be picky. ?

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    OMG Did you all see ta ta Swift ? she is so Hot

  • A AP1 wrote on last edited by

  • sydS syd

    count the first 3 games as pre season, teams will gel penalties will be limited 

    G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    count the first 3 games as pre season, teams will gel penalties will be limited 

    Teams will gel, but the Browns don't seem to follow this trend.

  • @syd said:

    count the first 3 games as pre season, teams will gel penalties will be limited 

    Teams will gel, but the Browns don't seem to follow this trend.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Teams will gel, but the Browns don't seem to follow this trend.

    Eh, well see. I did see improvement today

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    Taped the game and just finished it, much better performance than last week in all facets of the game. Offense under Watson still doesn't look as smooth as Flacco but let's see how the season progresses. Great win, Go Browns!

  • @syd said:

    count the first 3 games as pre season, teams will gel penalties will be limited 

    Teams will gel, but the Browns don't seem to follow this trend.

    A AP1 wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Teams will gel, but the Browns don't seem to follow this trend.

    I liken it to my natural abilities versus the natural abilities of my younger siblings. 

    It seems like I have to put 150 in to get 100 out, so I put 300 in to get 200 out.

    My sister can put 50 in and get 200 out, so she's content to only put 25 in to get 100 out.

    My brother can put 100 in to get 150 out, so he hammers and puts 200 in to get 300 out.

    It may be vague, but it just seems the Browns are so slow to make necessary changes, whether by ignorance or incompetence.

    Signed, an overachiever...

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Ravens L, Bengals L - those are nice.

    Steeler fans will jump about being on top but we’ll see how they do against their first competent opponent next week.

  • Always good to win. Lack of discipline remains an issue. Playoffs? Possible,  but this team scares nobody.

    Hope next week is another improvement.

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by Marvin the Martian

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Always good to win. Lack of discipline remains an issue. Playoffs? Possible,  but this team scares nobody.

    Hope next week is another improvement.

    This team  does scare its fans

  • Ravens L, Bengals L - those are nice.

    Steeler fans will jump about being on top but we’ll see how they do against their first competent opponent next week.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    Ravens L, Bengals L - those are nice.

    Steeler fans will jump about being on top but we’ll see how they do against their first competent opponent next week.

    IMG_6064.png

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today.  Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!!  Walked 1st time up.  Was awarded the Game Ball after the win!  And then I find out the Browns won!   What a Day!  

    ...just finished watching the condensed version:   

    That guy, #58 Hicks, did he wear 58 in the preseason?  (I believe he didn't survive roster cuts)  If he was 58, he was all over the place during the preseason games.  Him and #51 Hall were two guys that were disruptive.  I kinda' like him.

    Wright's Safety was the deciding score as the final Hail Mary came within a whisker of winning the game....And all because our Offense, which had gotten into range of notching another FG on the board, decided to get 3 big penalties in a row (at least two holding calls in a row)...and had to punt.  

    WATSON UP THE MIDDLE for the TD.  Maan, I hate that.  Second and goal from the 1.  Your Three 1st round pick, quarter billion dollar QB who just had shoulder surgery...is who you're gonna make run the ball up the middle??   

    IMO, it's only a matter of time before Watson is hurt.  He runs and does not slide.  He's stretching things out for the extra yard, two or three.  (even though they were important yards)  -  Being without our LT hurts.  Jones at RT should be able to do a half decent job but having to play guys at LT that we only just signed to the PS a few days ago is a tough way to go.

    The Defense did a good job that went a long way towards today's win.  

    Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.  

    Today was the first leg of a possible 4 game winning streak.