● ? NFL - WEEK 2 - Browns 18 at Jaguars 13 Game Thread ||<--▪︎ WAS RIGHT HERE ? ★ (REVISED SEPT. 17) W1
-
Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today. Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!! Walked 1st time up. Was awarded the Game Ball after the win! And then I find out the Browns won! What a Day!
...just finished watching the condensed version:
That guy, #58 Hicks, did he wear 58 in the preseason? (I believe he didn't survive roster cuts) If he was 58, he was all over the place during the preseason games. Him and #51 Hall were two guys that were disruptive. I kinda' like him.
Wright's Safety was the deciding score as the final Hail Mary came within a whisker of winning the game....And all because our Offense, which had gotten into range of notching another FG on the board, decided to get 3 big penalties in a row (at least two holding calls in a row)...and had to punt.
WATSON UP THE MIDDLE for the TD. Maan, I hate that. Second and goal from the 1. Your Three 1st round pick, quarter billion dollar QB who just had shoulder surgery...is who you're gonna make run the ball up the middle??
IMO, it's only a matter of time before Watson is hurt. He runs and does not slide. He's stretching things out for the extra yard, two or three. (even though they were important yards) - Being without our LT hurts. Jones at RT should be able to do a half decent job but having to play guys at LT that we only just signed to the PS a few days ago is a tough way to go.
The Defense did a good job that went a long way towards today's win.
Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.
Today was the first leg of a possible 4 game winning streak.
-
Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today. Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!! Walked 1st time up. Was awarded the Game Ball after the win! And then I find out the Browns won! What a Day!
...just finished watching the condensed version:
That guy, #58 Hicks, did he wear 58 in the preseason? (I believe he didn't survive roster cuts) If he was 58, he was all over the place during the preseason games. Him and #51 Hall were two guys that were disruptive. I kinda' like him.
Wright's Safety was the deciding score as the final Hail Mary came within a whisker of winning the game....And all because our Offense, which had gotten into range of notching another FG on the board, decided to get 3 big penalties in a row (at least two holding calls in a row)...and had to punt.
WATSON UP THE MIDDLE for the TD. Maan, I hate that. Second and goal from the 1. Your Three 1st round pick, quarter billion dollar QB who just had shoulder surgery...is who you're gonna make run the ball up the middle??
IMO, it's only a matter of time before Watson is hurt. He runs and does not slide. He's stretching things out for the extra yard, two or three. (even though they were important yards) - Being without our LT hurts. Jones at RT should be able to do a half decent job but having to play guys at LT that we only just signed to the PS a few days ago is a tough way to go.
The Defense did a good job that went a long way towards today's win.
Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.
Today was the first leg of a possible 4 game winning streak.
Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today. Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!! Walked 1st time up. Was awarded the Game Ball after the win! And then I find out the Browns won! What a Day!
Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.
First, awesome for your grandson!
Second, I stepped out and missed the forced fumble that wasn't because of some weird penalty play. Explain to me what exactly the penalty on Hopkins was for?
-
Teams will gel, but the Browns don't seem to follow this trend.
I liken it to my natural abilities versus the natural abilities of my younger siblings.
It seems like I have to put 150 in to get 100 out, so I put 300 in to get 200 out.
My sister can put 50 in and get 200 out, so she's content to only put 25 in to get 100 out.
My brother can put 100 in to get 150 out, so he hammers and puts 200 in to get 300 out.
It may be vague, but it just seems the Browns are so slow to make necessary changes, whether by ignorance or incompetence.
Signed, an overachiever...
I liken it to my natural abilities versus the natural abilities of my younger siblings.
It seems like I have to put 150 in to get 100 out, so I put 300 in to get 200 out.
My sister can put 50 in and get 200 out, so she's content to only put 25 in to get 100 out.
My brother can put 100 in to get 150 out, so he hammers and puts 200 in to get 300 out.
It may be vague, but it just seems the Browns are so slow to make necessary changes, whether by ignorance or incompetence.
Signed, an overachiever...
My feelings concur
-
Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today. Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!! Walked 1st time up. Was awarded the Game Ball after the win! And then I find out the Browns won! What a Day!
Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.
First, awesome for your grandson!
Second, I stepped out and missed the forced fumble that wasn't because of some weird penalty play. Explain to me what exactly the penalty on Hopkins was for?
Explain to me what exactly the penalty on Hopkins was for?
He crossed the 50 yard line before the ball hit the ground or was caught.
-
-
Explain to me what exactly the penalty on Hopkins was for?
He crossed the 50 yard line before the ball hit the ground or was caught.
-
Explain to me what exactly the penalty on Hopkins was for?
He crossed the 50 yard line before the ball hit the ground or was caught.
-
Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today. Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!! Walked 1st time up. Was awarded the Game Ball after the win! And then I find out the Browns won! What a Day!
...just finished watching the condensed version:
That guy, #58 Hicks, did he wear 58 in the preseason? (I believe he didn't survive roster cuts) If he was 58, he was all over the place during the preseason games. Him and #51 Hall were two guys that were disruptive. I kinda' like him.
Wright's Safety was the deciding score as the final Hail Mary came within a whisker of winning the game....And all because our Offense, which had gotten into range of notching another FG on the board, decided to get 3 big penalties in a row (at least two holding calls in a row)...and had to punt.
WATSON UP THE MIDDLE for the TD. Maan, I hate that. Second and goal from the 1. Your Three 1st round pick, quarter billion dollar QB who just had shoulder surgery...is who you're gonna make run the ball up the middle??
IMO, it's only a matter of time before Watson is hurt. He runs and does not slide. He's stretching things out for the extra yard, two or three. (even though they were important yards) - Being without our LT hurts. Jones at RT should be able to do a half decent job but having to play guys at LT that we only just signed to the PS a few days ago is a tough way to go.
The Defense did a good job that went a long way towards today's win.
Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.
Today was the first leg of a possible 4 game winning streak.
Grandson's 1st ever Little League game today. Got his 1st ever hit his 2nd time up!!! Walked 1st time up. Was awarded the Game Ball after the win! And then I find out the Browns won! What a Day!
...just finished watching the condensed version:
That guy, #58 Hicks, did he wear 58 in the preseason? (I believe he didn't survive roster cuts) If he was 58, he was all over the place during the preseason games. Him and #51 Hall were two guys that were disruptive. I kinda' like him.
Wright's Safety was the deciding score as the final Hail Mary came within a whisker of winning the game....And all because our Offense, which had gotten into range of notching another FG on the board, decided to get 3 big penalties in a row (at least two holding calls in a row)...and had to punt.
WATSON UP THE MIDDLE for the TD. Maan, I hate that. Second and goal from the 1. Your Three 1st round pick, quarter billion dollar QB who just had shoulder surgery...is who you're gonna make run the ball up the middle??
IMO, it's only a matter of time before Watson is hurt. He runs and does not slide. He's stretching things out for the extra yard, two or three. (even though they were important yards) - Being without our LT hurts. Jones at RT should be able to do a half decent job but having to play guys at LT that we only just signed to the PS a few days ago is a tough way to go.
The Defense did a good job that went a long way towards today's win.
Hopkins did a good job nailing the FG's.....but stupidly crossed the 50 on a kick-off where we recovered a fumble.
Today was the first leg of a possible 4 game winning streak.
The grandson hit, that’s cool. Where’d the hit go? Like if you were scoring it on a score card?
I almost get the impression Watson has free reign to be as reckless as he wants to be. If he gets injured? It’s kinda like we’re anticipating that and have a contingency plan in place. But until then, if that’s what he needs to do to win football games then have at it.
-
I'm not quite sure why this matters but I'm sure there is some kind of reasoning behind this, maybe...
We don't want Hopkins involved anyway.
...and the rest of the kicking team cant' run until it lands or is caught. ( I did the ST Deep Dive a while back )
The grandson hit, that’s cool. Where’d the hit go? Like if you were scoring it on a score card?
To the Shortstop. He got his glove on it to stop it, picked it up and threw...but my grandboy beat it out. I was pitching wiffle ball to him last night and he was hitting it. I told him that he would be fine in the game...but I was NOT expecting a hit in his first ever game. He's 10 and playing with the 12 and under kids.
-
-
I'm not quite sure why this matters but I'm sure there is some kind of reasoning behind this, maybe...
We don't want Hopkins involved anyway.
...and the rest of the kicking team cant' run until it lands or is caught. ( I did the ST Deep Dive a while back )
The grandson hit, that’s cool. Where’d the hit go? Like if you were scoring it on a score card?
To the Shortstop. He got his glove on it to stop it, picked it up and threw...but my grandboy beat it out. I was pitching wiffle ball to him last night and he was hitting it. I told him that he would be fine in the game...but I was NOT expecting a hit in his first ever game. He's 10 and playing with the 12 and under kids.
We don't want Hopkins involved anyway.
...and the rest of the kicking team cant' run until it lands or is caught. ( I did the ST Deep Dive a while back )
I'd be very curious to see if other kickers have done with Hopkins did there. This game could have potentially be heading for easy win territory with that fumble recovery, and I haven't seen that called once. I suppose it is a penalty, though. Definitely didn't think you'd ever get to the point of saying "illegal formation on the kicker for jogging too close", though. Interesting to say the least.
In that vein, man the penalties stick out like a sore thumb. Penalties essentially negated a game altering turnover and a first down that would have likely iced the game. Gotta clean that nonsense up- 24 penalties in two games is wild.
-
We don't want Hopkins involved anyway.
...and the rest of the kicking team cant' run until it lands or is caught. ( I did the ST Deep Dive a while back )
I'd be very curious to see if other kickers have done with Hopkins did there. This game could have potentially be heading for easy win territory with that fumble recovery, and I haven't seen that called once. I suppose it is a penalty, though. Definitely didn't think you'd ever get to the point of saying "illegal formation on the kicker for jogging too close", though. Interesting to say the least.
In that vein, man the penalties stick out like a sore thumb. Penalties essentially negated a game altering turnover and a first down that would have likely iced the game. Gotta clean that nonsense up- 24 penalties in two games is wild.
I'd be very curious to see if other kickers have done with Hopkins did there.
Honestly, I expected more movement penalties on kickoffs...but I didn't think that the kickers would have much want to be in that melee. We lost Hopkins last year on a kickoff return.
Here's a rule enhancement idea: After kicking, the kicker can run off the field and be replaced by another player who has to emerge from the kicking team's 40 yard line.
-
It’s not a bad play call realistically, no problem trying to seal the game. The execution is the problem. If you don’t have an option the guy needs to just lay down.
I don't mind a possible pass there, but why not roll to your strong side then your weak side. And Watson has to eat it there and take the sack. Roll to the right and drag a TE and WR with him, if wide open throw it, if not just run it or slide in bounds.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login