Holding, Flugel, Garrett and Dissaray
-
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
-
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
The defender was too early, that was PI.
But to the rest of your point, yes there's too much favoritism. We Browns fans have seen it, been victims of it for years. Even my diehard Steeler fan brother-in-law says Garrett gets held all the time.
I'm basically in the acceptance stage. Until Haslam sells, which I may never ever see, the Browns won't get many gifts from the refs. They may have used up this century's allocation in Indy last season.
Yesterday's last 3-4 minutes of the game, the Draft Kings Special must have been Cle-Jax. Has anybody here ever witnessed 3 consecutive holding calls, and quite a few illegal formation calls on one team? Refs huddling up, essentially giving Jax free timeouts. I can understand one holding call, not 3 in a row (yes, Im aware DW holds the ball longer than most QBs).
-
-
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Jimmy Haslam should be going to bat for his players raising hell with the league and at Owner's Meetings until this gets addressed.
He won't but he should.
-
That PI call was absolutely the right call.
Garrett gets hooked a lot when coming around the corner and truthfully I don’t see that get called a lot regardless of who it is.
Garrett’s effort/performance - he’s probably the last guy on this team I’d complain about.
We deserved at least half of those holding calls. A couple we were the wrong side of what should have been no calls.
If our offense catches the ball (we had by my count 6 drops) and the defense holds onto a couple picks (saw two that we should have had). That game should have been 26-13.
-
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
Fair enough. This is a really good post Ghoolie. I'll say this when the Browns got busted for holding - every replay showed they were indeed holding. They were getting their hands up inside the dline's shoulder pads. Every time the defender tried to turn it was clear as Hell for the officials to see. I saw Pocic and Teller both get nailed.
And yeah, there's nothing more annoying than listening to Romo talk about Mahomes.
-
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
Fair enough. This is a really good post Ghoolie. I'll say this when the Browns got busted for holding - every replay showed they were indeed holding. They were getting their hands up inside the dline's shoulder pads. Every time the defender tried to turn it was clear as Hell for the officials to see. I saw Pocic and Teller both get nailed.
And yeah, there's nothing more annoying than listening to Romo talk about Mahomes.
-
Referees have admitted they aren't calling holds on Myles because he still gets through them. I will say, from the mile high view I get it at face value. No one wants referees throwing 7-8 holding flags a game. But what pisses me off to no end is when this is objectively happening in the Jaguars game and yet the Browns are the ones getting the laundry thrown at them at over 2x the rate of the Jags (13 flags v 6). You can see in real time Garrett getting fucking mauled, if you're going to throw the laundry do it both ways. Browns played sloppy, for sure, but so did Jacksonville.
I've said for years and years I don't think refs are rigging games, but they absolutely come with biases and are actively looking for certain things against certain people.
-
I have sparred w Flugel over Garrett. I still think the guy doesn't show up all the time.
However, Tom's disgust for how often Garrett is held really resonated after Sunday's game. If holding was policed consistently, no Browns opponent would have positive yard. Either that or Garrett would have 100 sacks or more. This guy is literally held on ever play
Mahomes was protected by non holding calls.over and over.
Infractions should be black or white. As it is, holding and pass interference are totally random calls up to the discretion of the ref.
The Bengals got screwed with a pass interference call that cost them the game. I thought a defe der had equal right to catch a pass.
The rules.either need to be enforced, or changed so that holding is legal.
This up to the discretion of the ref allows favoritism, for whatever reason to go on.
PS- I am tired of watching Tony Homo suck Mahomme's dick.
Fair enough. This is a really good post Ghoolie. I'll say this when the Browns got busted for holding - every replay showed they were indeed holding. They were getting their hands up inside the dline's shoulder pads. Every time the defender tried to turn it was clear as Hell for the officials to see. I saw Pocic and Teller both get nailed.
And yeah, there's nothing more annoying than listening to Romo talk about Mahomes.
Fair enough. This is a really good post Ghoolie. I'll say this when the Browns got busted for holding - every replay showed they were indeed holding. They were getting their hands up inside the dline's shoulder pads. Every time the defender tried to turn it was clear as Hell for the officials to see. I saw Pocic and Teller both get nailed.
And yeah, there's nothing more annoying than listening to Romo talk about Mahomes.
Like you, I don't bitch when our boneheads hold, but I made a point to focus on Garrett. He was held on I bet 75% of the plays and seldom was there a flag, if at all.
If they want to protect the QB, make an universally effective change. Put 2 additional OL in the backfield who can only.participate on a passing play?
I hear fans threaten to stop watching the NFL, but no Browns fan is going to stop watching football. This penalty inconsistency is like sitting behind a pole in the old stadium. Somehow we looked around it.
Still, this shit on Garrett was despicable.
-
Fair enough. This is a really good post Ghoolie. I'll say this when the Browns got busted for holding - every replay showed they were indeed holding. They were getting their hands up inside the dline's shoulder pads. Every time the defender tried to turn it was clear as Hell for the officials to see. I saw Pocic and Teller both get nailed.
And yeah, there's nothing more annoying than listening to Romo talk about Mahomes.
Like you, I don't bitch when our boneheads hold, but I made a point to focus on Garrett. He was held on I bet 75% of the plays and seldom was there a flag, if at all.
If they want to protect the QB, make an universally effective change. Put 2 additional OL in the backfield who can only.participate on a passing play?
I hear fans threaten to stop watching the NFL, but no Browns fan is going to stop watching football. This penalty inconsistency is like sitting behind a pole in the old stadium. Somehow we looked around it.
Still, this shit on Garrett was despicable.
Still, this shit on Garrett was despicable.
Perhaps if he gave the refs free Zumba lessons, this shit would stop.??
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login