Skip to content

The Official Browns at Commanders Game Thread Oct 6th

The Browns Board
212 27 6.5k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Can't wait to listen to Stefanski after the game...

    "Well we all have to do better. The players have to play better, the coaches have to coach better, and I have to do better..." 

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #63

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    Oh I get it, and you are correct, you don't throw your players under the bus.

    I think its my general "this coaching staff and front office has reached its ceiling" talking. 

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #64

    And yea the line sucks, Watson had the same excuse last year until Flacco came and hit the quick timing routes consistently. I feel like it’s worth throwing Winston out there. Really all we need is to be better than the worst in the NFL at the position for an improvement.

    We currently have the worst QB in the NFL by the numbers, probably by a lot if you adjust it for strength of schedule. Do we have the worst line in the league or worst receivers or worst coaching? 
     

    Worth a shot to bench the bum, see if there’s an improvement.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    Give up play calling. Bench our shit QB. Hold the o line accountable. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @usfbrown said:

    Give up play calling. Bench our shit QB. Hold the o line accountable. 

    What OLine?

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #66

    Just wait until we start playing in our Division. 

  • @usfbrown said:

    Give up play calling. Bench our shit QB. Hold the o line accountable. 

    What OLine?

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @dutch-oven said:

    What OLine?

    I mean the cheese cloth we call an o line

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #68

    The commanders show the most obvious blitz ever, what do we do? 5 step drop and sit and chill and have a cup of tea.

    that’s a better time for a screen than 1st and 10

  • Just wait until we start playing in our Division. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @usfbrown said:

    Just wait until we start playing in our Division. 

    I don't want to.

    If we win a division game this season, I'll be shocked and awed. 

    The Steelers will get 20 sacks. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #70

    The defense is cooked. 

    Ward hurt? That's almost as shocking as Conklin being inactive. 

    Blow this team up. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    Give up play calling. Bench our shit QB. Hold the o line accountable. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @usfbrown said:

    Give up play calling. Bench our shit QB. Hold the o line accountable. 

    Does accountability somehow magically make someone younger and more talented? If so, I'm an 18 year old Michael Jordan. 

    Accountability doesn't fix the Oline.

    Play calling hasn't been the primary issue. And Dorsey won't fix that one either, I watched enough of his time in Buffalo. 

    I'm fine putting in DTR.  But Watson playing is the front office exhausting their options, so when the dump him and draft high, it's them saying there was no other way. 

    On queue - Em giving up a bit play vertical because he just doesn't have long ball speed and if he's beat at the line he's toast. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #72
    This team has lost it's heart and is having its own cock shoved up it's own ass!
     
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #73

    God we suck

    And political ads during the breaks?

    What a nightmare 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Can't wait to listen to Stefanski after the game...

    "Well we all have to do better. The players have to play better, the coaches have to coach better, and I have to do better..." 

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    With game play like this, let’s throw the players, coaches, and especially the FO under the bus.

    And back it up and do it all over again.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #75

    I don’t care that the season is cooked, we have an extremely fun tribe season and October baseball and an awesome young Cavs team to watch in the winter.

    But I wish we could at least be competitive in these games in some capacity.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    With game play like this, let’s throw the players, coaches, and especially the FO under the bus.

    And back it up and do it all over again.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @canton-dawg said:

    With game play like this, let’s throw the players, coaches, and especially the FO under the bus.

    And back it up and do it all over again.

    That's fans job, not the coaches. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Well boys, have a nice rest of the game.

    Like the fat boy Ghoolie in a game of Dodgeball, I'm out. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Can't wait to listen to Stefanski after the game...

    "Well we all have to do better. The players have to play better, the coaches have to coach better, and I have to do better..." 

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let's be real, what all do you want the man to do? You don't throw your players under the bus. 

    This is a totally different era!   Guys like Don Shula, Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka would be lighting fannies right and left here...  Our offense doesn't have a soul right now.  Even though Watson wasn't really hit late out of bounds - somebody beside Watson should have made their presence known.

    The defense showed up ready to battle but the offense looks like they're just cashing pay checks.

    And with the score 24-3 - I sincerely hope all of the right people are self evaluating why the Browns are at this point.

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #79

    Let's get to Pack vs. Rams

    I am disappointed in the Browns performance. Man, I am glad  the Browns are just my fav team in the AFC. If I was fully invested I would want heads to roll. Whole coaching staff are clowns.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #80

    Time to turn off this shit show, and go outside and enjoy the day.

    There’s not many nice days left this year.

  • @usfbrown said:

    Give up play calling. Bench our shit QB. Hold the o line accountable. 

    Does accountability somehow magically make someone younger and more talented? If so, I'm an 18 year old Michael Jordan. 

    Accountability doesn't fix the Oline.

    Play calling hasn't been the primary issue. And Dorsey won't fix that one either, I watched enough of his time in Buffalo. 

    I'm fine putting in DTR.  But Watson playing is the front office exhausting their options, so when the dump him and draft high, it's them saying there was no other way. 

    On queue - Em giving up a bit play vertical because he just doesn't have long ball speed and if he's beat at the line he's toast. 

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @tiamat63 said:

    Does accountability somehow magically make someone younger and more talented? If so, I'm an 18 year old Michael Jordan. 

    Accountability doesn't fix the Oline.

    Play calling hasn't been the primary issue. And Dorsey won't fix that one either, I watched enough of his time in Buffalo. 

    I'm fine putting in DTR.  But Watson playing is the front office exhausting their options, so when the dump him and draft high, it's them saying there was no other way. 

    On queue - Em giving up a bit play vertical because he just doesn't have long ball speed and if he's beat at the line he's toast. 

    Never said accountability would fix anything. You just asked what I'd like to hear. I'd like someone to light a fire. But like you said it'll amount to nothing 

  • M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Never fear  Watson the Great will beat his first half total and generate 69 yards for the offence..This is improvement