Bill Simmons ranking the NFL teams
-
25. Cleveland Browns
If you don't think this is the worst-coached half-decent team in the league, you didn't see the Browns blow a 10-point lead Thursday night to an atrocious defensive team that was down to a backup fullback as its only running back. (Actually, you probably didn't see it -- you could see the game only on the NFL Network. Great.) I remember this past Sunday when Fox's Rich Gannon said, "You can't second-guess Romeo Crennel here." I won't even tell you the context. Just know that, yes, at all times we are allowed to second-guess Romeo Crennel. Even if he's single-handedly disarming three gunmen during a bank robbery as I'm lying on the floor with my hands behind my head.
If Romeo Crennel tells you it's November, you should second-guess him and double check.
In other news, everyone keeps blaming Braylon Edwards' vision for his severe case of the dropsies. I'd like to throw another theory at you: I think he's still scarred by his experience on "Costas Now," when Buzz Bissinger briefly lost his mind about blogs and turned into Coach Kilmer at the end of "Varsity Blues." If that was a train wreck -- and it was -- remember, Edwards was IN the train wreck. If he's not suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, I don't know anything. And by the way, if I hadn't had the good sense to turn down HBO, I would have been sitting in Edwards' seat that night. Can you imagine? I'd be wrtitngf sentunces lik thiss riggght nowe. Every time I watch Edwards drop a pass, I feel more guilty than Ben Affleck in "Bounce."
Romeo stinks. Hopefully the national "media" will start talking about this so Lerner can make another (fan-)informed decision.

-
"If you don't think this is the worst-coached half-decent team in the league, you didn't see the Browns blow a 10-point lead Thursday night to an atrocious defensive team that was down to a backup fullback as its only running back."
Sadly, that is so true. I liked Romeo, and he seems like a good guy. But he is not an NFL HC.
-





Deja Vue all over again
-
RAC is horrid; simply horrid
-
\ said:
25. Cleveland Browns
If you don't think this is the worst-coached half-decent team in the league, you didn't see the Browns blow a 10-point lead Thursday night to an atrocious defensive team that was down to a backup fullback as its only running back.
Couldn't agree more.
We're the laughing stock of the league as of today.
-
FIRE RAC!!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login