Skip to content

Jets HC Robert Saleh Fired

The Browns Board
59 12 1.6k 1
  • @syd said:

    weren't you the one pounding the table for him to be our head coach ?

    Nope!

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @nickers said:

    Nope!

    pretty sure you were 

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Nope!

    pretty sure you were 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @syd said:

    pretty sure you were 

    No I was vehemently against him...  You have me confused with somebody else...

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Kyle Shanahan pretty much said it's a bunch of bullshit that his good friend Robert Saleh got fired.

    Screenshot_20241008-204207(1)2.thumb.png.621668d278a4654ee3f869fa7a262ff2.png

  • M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Maybe we should hire him.  Can he be any worse than our current coach?

  • Maybe we should hire him.  Can he be any worse than our current coach?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. 

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    Maybe we should hire him.  Can he be any worse than our current coach?

    Come on now Marvin.

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. I think some of you are misdirecting your animosity. 

  • I’m still a fan of Stefanski. 

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    Maybe we should hire him.  Can he be any worse than our current coach?

    Come on now Marvin.

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. I think some of you are misdirecting your animosity. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. 

    Come on now Marvin.

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. I think some of you are misdirecting your animosity. 

    I think they just don't get it is all. ?

    220px-Bill_Raisch_one_armed_man_The_Fugitive_1965.JPG

    Raisch as the "One-Armed Man"
  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #24

    I think we all lean towards Robert Saleh not deserving to be fired. I feel for his wife and children. It is wrong when good people get fucked over.

    I still don't think Aaron was involved in any way in the firing. This catastrophe is all on Woody Johnson. Since Woody purchased the team in 2000, it's been one shit show after another. The Jets were a disaster long before Robert Saleh and Aaron Rodgers got there.

    I will be interested to hear what Aaron has to say about this on McAfee today. 

  • I think we all lean towards Robert Saleh not deserving to be fired. I feel for his wife and children. It is wrong when good people get fucked over.

    I still don't think Aaron was involved in any way in the firing. This catastrophe is all on Woody Johnson. Since Woody purchased the team in 2000, it's been one shit show after another. The Jets were a disaster long before Robert Saleh and Aaron Rodgers got there.

    I will be interested to hear what Aaron has to say about this on McAfee today. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @packernation said:

    I still don't think Aaron was involved in any way in the firing.

    The videos of AR pushing away his HC and also burying his head with a towel in the Broncos loss tells the whole story. AR is no angel.

  • I’m still a fan of Stefanski. 

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    Maybe we should hire him.  Can he be any worse than our current coach?

    Come on now Marvin.

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. I think some of you are misdirecting your animosity. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. 

    Come on now Marvin.

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. I think some of you are misdirecting your animosity. 

    There's a good amount of people on here who obsess over Watson. Everything wrong about this team is because of him, in their eyes.

    It's not this black and white. Watson might be the poster boy for the Browns horrible start, and the general state they find themselves in today and in the future, but the Browns issues go way beyond Watson. This is a systemic breakdown of practically the whole team. 

    I'll be shocked if Berry and Stefanski survive this season. 

  • @packernation said:

    I still don't think Aaron was involved in any way in the firing.

    The videos of AR pushing away his HC and also burying his head with a towel in the Broncos loss tells the whole story. AR is no angel.

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    The videos of AR pushing away his HC and also burying his head with a towel in the Broncos loss tells the whole story. AR is no angel.

    Both Aaron and Saleh explained fully that your "pushing away" was nothing. 

    Aaron being frustrated with himself and throwing a towel over his head after 3 picks, has nothing to do with anything.

    Neither Saleh or Aaron are to blame for this. A good man and coach got fired by an idiot in Woody Johnson.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Get rid of shitpanski...

    The jets are 2 and 3 and made the move...

    We would give a 10yr extension for 2 and 3

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. 

    Come on now Marvin.

    I’m still a fan of Stefanski. I think some of you are misdirecting your animosity. 

    There's a good amount of people on here who obsess over Watson. Everything wrong about this team is because of him, in their eyes.

    It's not this black and white. Watson might be the poster boy for the Browns horrible start, and the general state they find themselves in today and in the future, but the Browns issues go way beyond Watson. This is a systemic breakdown of practically the whole team. 

    I'll be shocked if Berry and Stefanski survive this season. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @dutch-oven said:

     This is a systemic breakdown of practically the whole team. 

    I wouldn't go that far.  

     If Watson was playing better and the Oline was healthy we wouldn't be hearing the calls about Stef and Co.  

     Problem is, it's easy to just blame the head coach and move on from there.    The biggest issues, priority wise, that affect this team start at the personnel level first.  Both on the field and the machine behind who is on the field - Berry. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

     This is a systemic breakdown of practically the whole team. 

    I wouldn't go that far.  

     If Watson was playing better and the Oline was healthy we wouldn't be hearing the calls about Stef and Co.  

     Problem is, it's easy to just blame the head coach and move on from there.    The biggest issues, priority wise, that affect this team start at the personnel level first.  Both on the field and the machine behind who is on the field - Berry. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't go that far.  

     If Watson was playing better and the Oline was healthy we wouldn't be hearing the calls about Stef and Co.  

     Problem is, it's easy to just blame the head coach and move on from there.    The biggest issues, priority wise, that affect this team start at the personnel level first.  Both on the field and the machine behind who is on the field - Berry. 

    I like Stefanski. I think he's a good head coach. 

    But it's almost baffling how disorganized this team has been this season. This is the fifth season under Stefanski, but you'd never know it. This team has made so many unforced errors, a sign of an undisciplined team. So many 12 Men On The FIeld penalties, illegal procedures, illegal formations, etc. 

    It's been an open secret around here that people who covered the team said the atmosphere at training camp was very laid-back this year. Phrases like "there seemed to be zero sense of urgency". 

    But yes, the OLine disintegration has been a huge problem too. I will not discount that. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't go that far.  

     If Watson was playing better and the Oline was healthy we wouldn't be hearing the calls about Stef and Co.  

     Problem is, it's easy to just blame the head coach and move on from there.    The biggest issues, priority wise, that affect this team start at the personnel level first.  Both on the field and the machine behind who is on the field - Berry. 

    I like Stefanski. I think he's a good head coach. 

    But it's almost baffling how disorganized this team has been this season. This is the fifth season under Stefanski, but you'd never know it. This team has made so many unforced errors, a sign of an undisciplined team. So many 12 Men On The FIeld penalties, illegal procedures, illegal formations, etc. 

    It's been an open secret around here that people who covered the team said the atmosphere at training camp was very laid-back this year. Phrases like "there seemed to be zero sense of urgency". 

    But yes, the OLine disintegration has been a huge problem too. I will not discount that. 

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @dutch-oven said:

    I like Stefanski. I think he's a good head coach. 

    But it's almost baffling how disorganized this team has been this season. This is the fifth season under Stefanski, but you'd never know it. This team has made so many unforced errors, a sign of an undisciplined team. So many 12 Men On The FIeld penalties, illegal procedures, illegal formations, etc. 

    It's been an open secret around here that people who covered the team said the atmosphere at training camp was very laid-back this year. Phrases like "there seemed to be zero sense of urgency". 

    But yes, the OLine disintegration has been a huge problem too. I will not discount that. 

    The oline I can understand but 12 men on the field, sloppy tackling, some lack of effort and unforced errors are on the coach

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I wouldn't go that far.  

     If Watson was playing better and the Oline was healthy we wouldn't be hearing the calls about Stef and Co.  

     Problem is, it's easy to just blame the head coach and move on from there.    The biggest issues, priority wise, that affect this team start at the personnel level first.  Both on the field and the machine behind who is on the field - Berry. 

    I like Stefanski. I think he's a good head coach. 

    But it's almost baffling how disorganized this team has been this season. This is the fifth season under Stefanski, but you'd never know it. This team has made so many unforced errors, a sign of an undisciplined team. So many 12 Men On The FIeld penalties, illegal procedures, illegal formations, etc. 

    It's been an open secret around here that people who covered the team said the atmosphere at training camp was very laid-back this year. Phrases like "there seemed to be zero sense of urgency". 

    But yes, the OLine disintegration has been a huge problem too. I will not discount that. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #32

    @dutch-oven said:

    I like Stefanski. I think he's a good head coach. 

    But it's almost baffling how disorganized this team has been this season. This is the fifth season under Stefanski, but you'd never know it. This team has made so many unforced errors, a sign of an undisciplined team. So many 12 Men On The FIeld penalties, illegal procedures, illegal formations, etc. 

    It's been an open secret around here that people who covered the team said the atmosphere at training camp was very laid-back this year. Phrases like "there seemed to be zero sense of urgency". 

    But yes, the OLine disintegration has been a huge problem too. I will not discount that. 

    Some of the procedural errors can be head scratching.  But at the same time, it also might speak to why we don't run a lot of pre-snap motion.   Discipline is on coaches, you're not wrong.   We're top 10 in the 2 big categories - holding and false starts.  But you can also take a guess where our biggest deficiency and youth problems are as well (beyond QB) that would lead to those.

    As for those who covered camp.  I wasn't there, so I can't speak to it.  And seeing how terrible local sports media is, I'm hesitant to trust a word they say. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I like Stefanski. I think he's a good head coach. 

    But it's almost baffling how disorganized this team has been this season. This is the fifth season under Stefanski, but you'd never know it. This team has made so many unforced errors, a sign of an undisciplined team. So many 12 Men On The FIeld penalties, illegal procedures, illegal formations, etc. 

    It's been an open secret around here that people who covered the team said the atmosphere at training camp was very laid-back this year. Phrases like "there seemed to be zero sense of urgency". 

    But yes, the OLine disintegration has been a huge problem too. I will not discount that. 

    Some of the procedural errors can be head scratching.  But at the same time, it also might speak to why we don't run a lot of pre-snap motion.   Discipline is on coaches, you're not wrong.   We're top 10 in the 2 big categories - holding and false starts.  But you can also take a guess where our biggest deficiency and youth problems are as well (beyond QB) that would lead to those.

    As for those who covered camp.  I wasn't there, so I can't speak to it.  And seeing how terrible local sports media is, I'm hesitant to trust a word they say. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tiamat63 said:

    Some of the procedural errors can be head scratching.  But at the same time, it also might speak to why we don't run a lot of pre-snap motion.   Discipline is on coaches, you're not wrong.   We're top 10 in the 2 big categories - holding and false starts.  But you can also take a guess where our biggest deficiency and youth problems are as well (beyond QB) that would lead to those.

    As for those who covered camp.  I wasn't there, so I can't speak to it.  And seeing how terrible local sports media is, I'm hesitant to trust a word they say. 

    I’m glad you mentioned the lack of pre-snap motion too, because I have noticed it. The new offense seems so basic, like it was installed for DTR last year, not for a QB who has been in the NFL since 2017.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Some of the procedural errors can be head scratching.  But at the same time, it also might speak to why we don't run a lot of pre-snap motion.   Discipline is on coaches, you're not wrong.   We're top 10 in the 2 big categories - holding and false starts.  But you can also take a guess where our biggest deficiency and youth problems are as well (beyond QB) that would lead to those.

    As for those who covered camp.  I wasn't there, so I can't speak to it.  And seeing how terrible local sports media is, I'm hesitant to trust a word they say. 

    I’m glad you mentioned the lack of pre-snap motion too, because I have noticed it. The new offense seems so basic, like it was installed for DTR last year, not for a QB who has been in the NFL since 2017.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @dutch-oven said:

    I’m glad you mentioned the lack of pre-snap motion too, because I have noticed it. The new offense seems so basic, like it was installed for DTR last year, not for a QB who has been in the NFL since 2017.

    Jesus, even A&M runs pre-snap motion so their pro-style QB can read the defense and adjust his receiver reads accordingly. He also reads the blitzes to throw in areas they vacate as his "hot" receivers do the same. This should be Basic QB 101 which apparently Watson does not have in his QB manual. Hence he gets sacked/trashed on multiple plays during the game.

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Oh, I thought this thread was about the Jets drama.

    Pardon me, I will head over to the Jets Fan Forum and read them whine about how Green Bay totally fleeced them in the trade for Rodgers. 

    "Green Bay is laughing at us as they make a run to the Super Bowl with Love, meanwhile we continue to try and figure out how to cure a tender anus."

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Vaseline. Always Vaseline. 

  • Vaseline. Always Vaseline. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @d-bone said:

    Vaseline. Always Vaseline. 

    Vaseline won't cure Jets fans butthurt. They are suffering from acute Anusitis.