Skip to content

Jets HC Robert Saleh Fired

The Browns Board
59 12 1.6k 1
  • Oh, I thought this thread was about the Jets drama.

    Pardon me, I will head over to the Jets Fan Forum and read them whine about how Green Bay totally fleeced them in the trade for Rodgers. 

    "Green Bay is laughing at us as they make a run to the Super Bowl with Love, meanwhile we continue to try and figure out how to cure a tender anus."

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @packernation said:

    Oh, I thought this thread was about the Jets drama.

    Pardon me, I will head over to the Jets Fan Forum and read them whine about how Green Bay totally fleeced them in the trade for Rodgers. 

    "Green Bay is laughing at us as they make a run to the Super Bowl with Love, meanwhile we continue to try and figure out how to cure a tender anus."

  • sydS syd

    @d-bone said:

    Vaseline. Always Vaseline. 

    she uses vaseline

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @syd said:

    she uses vaseline

    Holy hell, I had forgotten just how awful 90s music was.  

  • @syd said:

    she uses vaseline

    Holy hell, I had forgotten just how awful 90s music was.  

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @d-bone said:

    Holy hell, I had forgotten just how awful 90s music was.  

    The 90s, and particularly the late 90s, was a super weird time in pop music. It’s almost like any musical style that had ever been popular over the entire 20th century was suddenly popular again. 

    Swing music, disco, ragtime, ska, and other old timey music was suddenly top 40 shit. Acts like the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Brian Setzer Orchestra, and the soundtrack to “O’ Brother Where Art Thou” were on the radio. Looking back it was pretty weird.

    I didn’t complain much, l actually like some of that stuff. The Bosstones in particular are an all time fave. Their early stuff fused ska and metal, some songs were more metal than others. 

    This is the one that will get me on a dance floor every time. 

  • @syd said:

    she uses vaseline

    Holy hell, I had forgotten just how awful 90s music was.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @d-bone said:

    Holy hell, I had forgotten just how awful 90s music was.  

    Nirvana sucked ? oh well

  • @d-bone said:

    Holy hell, I had forgotten just how awful 90s music was.  

    The 90s, and particularly the late 90s, was a super weird time in pop music. It’s almost like any musical style that had ever been popular over the entire 20th century was suddenly popular again. 

    Swing music, disco, ragtime, ska, and other old timey music was suddenly top 40 shit. Acts like the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Brian Setzer Orchestra, and the soundtrack to “O’ Brother Where Art Thou” were on the radio. Looking back it was pretty weird.

    I didn’t complain much, l actually like some of that stuff. The Bosstones in particular are an all time fave. Their early stuff fused ska and metal, some songs were more metal than others. 

    This is the one that will get me on a dance floor every time. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @ibleedbrown said:

    The 90s, and particularly the late 90s, was a super weird time in pop music. It’s almost like any musical style that had ever been popular over the entire 20th century was suddenly popular again. 

    Swing music, disco, ragtime, ska, and other old timey music was suddenly top 40 shit. Acts like the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Brian Setzer Orchestra, and the soundtrack to “O’ Brother Where Art Thou” were on the radio. Looking back it was pretty weird.

    I didn’t complain much, l actually like some of that stuff. The Bosstones in particular are an all time fave. Their early stuff fused ska and metal, some songs were more metal than others. 

    This is the one that will get me on a dance floor every time. 

    Now you are making me want to watch ‘Swingers’! 

  • sydS syd

    @d-bone said:

    Vaseline. Always Vaseline. 

    she uses vaseline

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @syd said:

    she uses vaseline

    You went with that but had the opportunity to go a far superior route. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #46

    ^ Now this is OK. What do I know, I was still bitter hair metal died. 

  • ^ Now this is OK. What do I know, I was still bitter hair metal died. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @d-bone said:

    ^ Now this is OK. What do I know, I was still bitter hair metal died. 

    LOL You mean crap like this

  • sydS syd

    @d-bone said:

    ^ Now this is OK. What do I know, I was still bitter hair metal died. 

    LOL You mean crap like this

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by Ibleedbrown
    #48

    @syd said:

    LOL You mean crap like this

    Warrant could shred a little bit too.

  • @syd said:

    LOL You mean crap like this

    Warrant could shred a little bit too.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Warrant could shred a little bit too.

    the singer had a shit life after warrent. guess he drank himself to death. Died alone in some obscure hotel room

  • sydS syd

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Warrant could shred a little bit too.

    the singer had a shit life after warrent. guess he drank himself to death. Died alone in some obscure hotel room

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @syd said:

    the singer had a shit life after warrent. guess he drank himself to death. Died alone in some obscure hotel room

    Grew up in the same county as me. 

  • @syd said:

    the singer had a shit life after warrent. guess he drank himself to death. Died alone in some obscure hotel room

    Grew up in the same county as me. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @dutch-oven said:

    Grew up in the same county as me. 

    If you are talking about Jani(John) being born in Akron? He wasn't there very long as a child. 

    He was in L.A. by 1981, when he was 17.  Warrant was formed in late 1983, different singer. Jani didn't join until 1986. 

    I met Jani when his band was Plain Jane. Never really saw him again after '88.

    Great dude...contrary to some of the tabloid crap that is still being produced about him. A total waste of time to read or believe any of it.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Grew up in the same county as me. 

    If you are talking about Jani(John) being born in Akron? He wasn't there very long as a child. 

    He was in L.A. by 1981, when he was 17.  Warrant was formed in late 1983, different singer. Jani didn't join until 1986. 

    I met Jani when his band was Plain Jane. Never really saw him again after '88.

    Great dude...contrary to some of the tabloid crap that is still being produced about him. A total waste of time to read or believe any of it.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @packernation said:

    If you are talking about Jani(John) being born in Akron? He wasn't there very long as a child. 

    He was in L.A. by 1981, when he was 17.  Warrant was formed in late 1983, different singer. Jani didn't join until 1986. 

    I met Jani when his band was Plain Jane. Never really saw him again after '88.

    Great dude...contrary to some of the tabloid crap that is still being produced about him. A total waste of time to read or believe any of it.

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

  • @packernation said:

    If you are talking about Jani(John) being born in Akron? He wasn't there very long as a child. 

    He was in L.A. by 1981, when he was 17.  Warrant was formed in late 1983, different singer. Jani didn't join until 1986. 

    I met Jani when his band was Plain Jane. Never really saw him again after '88.

    Great dude...contrary to some of the tabloid crap that is still being produced about him. A total waste of time to read or believe any of it.

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
    #53

    @dutch-oven said:

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

    How far is Brimfield from Akron? I don't know, never been there.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

    How far is Brimfield from Akron? I don't know, never been there.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @packernation said:

    How far is Brimfield from Akron? I don't know, never been there.

    Brimfield is a little over 10 miles east of Akron. 

  • @packernation said:

    How far is Brimfield from Akron? I don't know, never been there.

    Brimfield is a little over 10 miles east of Akron. 

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @dutch-oven said:

    Brimfield is a little over 10 miles east of Akron. 

    It is just south of Kent and closer to Akron than Ravenna

  • @packernation said:

    How far is Brimfield from Akron? I don't know, never been there.

    Brimfield is a little over 10 miles east of Akron. 

    PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @dutch-oven said:

    Brimfield is a little over 10 miles east of Akron. 

    Oh, no wonder Jani always said he is from Akron. I was like what is Dutch talking about? lol. Kind of a suburb of Akron I guess.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Brimfield is a little over 10 miles east of Akron. 

    It is just south of Kent and closer to Akron than Ravenna

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    It is just south of Kent and closer to Akron than Ravenna

    Brimfield is like .4 miles closer to Akron than Ravenna. 

    Not sure why that's important, but ok. 

  • @packernation said:

    If you are talking about Jani(John) being born in Akron? He wasn't there very long as a child. 

    He was in L.A. by 1981, when he was 17.  Warrant was formed in late 1983, different singer. Jani didn't join until 1986. 

    I met Jani when his band was Plain Jane. Never really saw him again after '88.

    Great dude...contrary to some of the tabloid crap that is still being produced about him. A total waste of time to read or believe any of it.

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @dutch-oven said:

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

    My older brother grew up with the albino Winter brothers in Beaumont (same age as Johnny). No one was surprised at their musical talent since they had to spend their lives indoors due to that condition. I was 3 months younger than Edgar, but only knew him in passing. Same grade & school but different classrooms. I think back then we were assigned by last names. Not sure how my brother got to know Johnny. Maybe because he was in band or something.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He grew up in Brimfield, which is in Portage County, as is Ravenna, where I grew up. 

    My older brother grew up with the albino Winter brothers in Beaumont (same age as Johnny). No one was surprised at their musical talent since they had to spend their lives indoors due to that condition. I was 3 months younger than Edgar, but only knew him in passing. Same grade & school but different classrooms. I think back then we were assigned by last names. Not sure how my brother got to know Johnny. Maybe because he was in band or something.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @texasag1969 said:

    My older brother grew up with the albino Winter brothers in Beaumont (same age as Johnny). No one was surprised at their musical talent since they had to spend their lives indoors due to that condition. I was 3 months younger than Edgar, but only knew him in passing. Same grade & school but different classrooms. I think back then we were assigned by last names. Not sure how my brother got to know Johnny. Maybe because he was in band or something.

    Johnny for my money was a much better slide player than Duane Allman.. Allman got all the love because he was just younger than everybody else at the time and learned a lot in a short period.. Not a slam on Duane.... Even George Thoroughgood borrows a lot of Johnny's hybrid picking technique.. Hell everybody does. I still love the woody chimey guitar sound he got on the Second Winter album.. Johnny and Albert King set the standard for modern blues and Stevie reinforced it and gave it the life it needed to survive.. SRV basically saved the Fender Stratocaster from exctinction... Some would say I'm over looking BB... BB had his own distinct voice and thing.. But as far as mastering the nuts and bolts of modern blues... Johnny and Stevie raised the bar... Even the gospel element both brothers brought in was there... Johnny and Edgar.. And today we get Justin Beiber... wtf!