Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Eagles

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Eagles

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
44 Posts 13 Posters 1.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    image.png.c40b7cfce7ba0def9b771a2a5f053420.png

    Look at these offensive (offensive = two meanings) numbers.  Pathetic.  We lead the league at being sacked.  And we can't eek out 100 team rushing yards.  But with all that said, Watson's only thrown 3 INT's.  And one of 'em should've been a completion to Cooper...that bounced off of him and went high into the air.   

    On D we're allowing a lot of rushing yardage.  And the Eagles run the ball fairly well.  We do, however get a DT & LB'er (Hurst & Diabate) back from IR this week.  

    We're 25th in the league in rushing.  Ford is not a terrible RB. ----  5.2 sacks per game.  That's not all on Watson holding onto the ball too long.  ----  These are indications of a poorly functioning offensive line.  We've seen this before.  We've lived this before.  One of the few things that Butch Davis said that he had right, 'Until we fix the offensive line, nothing will change'.  

    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Im too busy to do a film breakdown, but on the glimpse I’ve seen there seems to be way too many plays where Watson has wide open guys and doesn’t see them, or scans only half the field and misses the rest. And accuracy issues that haven’t resulted in INTs but maybe just because they’re so far away from all of the players including the defense (lack of turnovers is about the only bright spot)
       

      The OL is performing poorly, particularly the right side, left side actually looked pretty decent last week.

      This team is screwed, if the Seahawks cook us this week it’s time to build draft picks and rebuild. Our guys are old, washed up, and overpaid now. Time to salvage some picks out of them and let Watson ride out the tank job (assuming we drop to 1-5…) If we win I’ll still hold out some hope until we get into division losses.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        ?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
          • 240 Posts
          • 65 Reputation
          PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
          #4

          Again, I was sticking with the Browns and don't like shitting on a team I like, but I just am kind of over the Browns for this season. I want them to do well, but I couldn't give a shit at this point. Part of it is that I don't feel Stefanski is capable of turning things around. Some think he is great, that some is not me. Stop with the excuses for nearly every coach the Browns have had. Most owners meddle. There have been coaches with meddling ownership that have been successful. You just need the right head coach.

          I think the Eagles steamroll them. I hope I am wrong. I don't think -8.5 for the Eagles is enough. Bet the Eagles for this one, if betting is your thing.

          Screenshot_20241010-0354492.thumb.png.ff1c29766e4e3e72a2a1d0898c2d94e7.png

          T Dutch OvenD 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • PackerNationP PackerNation

            Again, I was sticking with the Browns and don't like shitting on a team I like, but I just am kind of over the Browns for this season. I want them to do well, but I couldn't give a shit at this point. Part of it is that I don't feel Stefanski is capable of turning things around. Some think he is great, that some is not me. Stop with the excuses for nearly every coach the Browns have had. Most owners meddle. There have been coaches with meddling ownership that have been successful. You just need the right head coach.

            I think the Eagles steamroll them. I hope I am wrong. I don't think -8.5 for the Eagles is enough. Bet the Eagles for this one, if betting is your thing.

            Screenshot_20241010-0354492.thumb.png.ff1c29766e4e3e72a2a1d0898c2d94e7.png

            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @packernation said:

            I think the Eagles steamroll them. I hope I am wrong. I don't think -8.5 for the Eagles is enough. Bet the Eagles for this one, if betting is your thing.

            At this point in time I think even JFF could come fresh from his rubber swan in Lost Wages and play better than DW against anybody.???

            PackerNationP darkside5D 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • PackerNationP PackerNation

              Again, I was sticking with the Browns and don't like shitting on a team I like, but I just am kind of over the Browns for this season. I want them to do well, but I couldn't give a shit at this point. Part of it is that I don't feel Stefanski is capable of turning things around. Some think he is great, that some is not me. Stop with the excuses for nearly every coach the Browns have had. Most owners meddle. There have been coaches with meddling ownership that have been successful. You just need the right head coach.

              I think the Eagles steamroll them. I hope I am wrong. I don't think -8.5 for the Eagles is enough. Bet the Eagles for this one, if betting is your thing.

              Screenshot_20241010-0354492.thumb.png.ff1c29766e4e3e72a2a1d0898c2d94e7.png

              Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 15k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @packernation said:

              Again, I was sticking with the Browns and don't like shitting on a team I like, but I just am kind of over the Browns for this season. I want them to do well, but I couldn't give a shit at this point.

              And yet you're still here. 

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T TexasAg1969

                @packernation said:

                I think the Eagles steamroll them. I hope I am wrong. I don't think -8.5 for the Eagles is enough. Bet the Eagles for this one, if betting is your thing.

                At this point in time I think even JFF could come fresh from his rubber swan in Lost Wages and play better than DW against anybody.???

                PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
                • 240 Posts
                • 65 Reputation
                PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
                #7

                @texasag1969 said:

                At this point in time I think even JFF could come fresh from his rubber swan in Lost Wages and play better than DW against anybody.???

                "I resent any of those accusations."?

                sydS 1 Reply Last reply
                😂
                Quote Reply
                • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 5k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  A more normal looking TV map this week. 

                  All of us Buckeyes, save for our forsaken Buckeyes in Van Wert county get the Browns this week. And you can pretty much drive an arrow northeast from there up to Maine. 

                  The capital of Maine always reminds me of that conversation you have with your buddy the next day after he gets lucky on a date.

                  Me: You go out with that girl last night?

                  Buddy: Yep.

                  Me: Bangor, Maine?

                  Buddy: Yep.

                  Me: *initiates fist bump*

                  Aaaand for some reason New Mexico and Texas are all in on the Browns this weekend. I’m sure the folks in Houston love checking in on the albatross they unloaded, and Albuquerque is the site for both Breaking Bad and the High School Musical movies so obviously they have quirky taste. 

                  https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=6

                  IMG_2471.jpeg

                  OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
                  ❤
                  Quote Reply
                  • Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    For some reason I feel good about this game.

                    PackerNationP 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • JaxJ Jax

                      For some reason I feel good about this game.

                      PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
                      • 240 Posts
                      • 65 Reputation
                      PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
                      #10

                      @jax said:

                      For some reason I feel good about this game.

                      It's tremendous you feel good about this game. I think the reason may be your fandom and the fact winning would quiet some of the naysayers.

                      I hope your "reason" helps the Browns get the win. Though I don't share your sanguine outlook, I respect it.

                      I feel good about the Packers vs. Arizona as well.

                      JaxJ 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 23k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I get to see this one down here.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown

                          A more normal looking TV map this week. 

                          All of us Buckeyes, save for our forsaken Buckeyes in Van Wert county get the Browns this week. And you can pretty much drive an arrow northeast from there up to Maine. 

                          The capital of Maine always reminds me of that conversation you have with your buddy the next day after he gets lucky on a date.

                          Me: You go out with that girl last night?

                          Buddy: Yep.

                          Me: Bangor, Maine?

                          Buddy: Yep.

                          Me: *initiates fist bump*

                          Aaaand for some reason New Mexico and Texas are all in on the Browns this weekend. I’m sure the folks in Houston love checking in on the albatross they unloaded, and Albuquerque is the site for both Breaking Bad and the High School Musical movies so obviously they have quirky taste. 

                          https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=6

                          IMG_2471.jpeg

                          Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 9k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @ibleedbrown said:

                          IMG_2471.jpeg

                          Thanks for doing this.  MJP used to post it.....

                          BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          👍 ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • PackerNationP PackerNation

                            @jax said:

                            For some reason I feel good about this game.

                            It's tremendous you feel good about this game. I think the reason may be your fandom and the fact winning would quiet some of the naysayers.

                            I hope your "reason" helps the Browns get the win. Though I don't share your sanguine outlook, I respect it.

                            I feel good about the Packers vs. Arizona as well.

                            Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @packernation said:

                            It's tremendous you feel good about this game. I think the reason may be your fandom and the fact winning would quiet some of the naysayers.

                            I hope your "reason" helps the Browns get the win. Though I don't share your sanguine outlook, I respect it.

                            I feel good about the Packers vs. Arizona as well.

                            Nah, I think KS knows what he has now and adjusts, at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                            We'll see...

                            PackerNationP OrionO F 4 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • JaxJ Jax

                              @packernation said:

                              It's tremendous you feel good about this game. I think the reason may be your fandom and the fact winning would quiet some of the naysayers.

                              I hope your "reason" helps the Browns get the win. Though I don't share your sanguine outlook, I respect it.

                              I feel good about the Packers vs. Arizona as well.

                              Nah, I think KS knows what he has now and adjusts, at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                              We'll see...

                              PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
                              • 240 Posts
                              • 65 Reputation
                              PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @jax said:

                              Nah, I think KS knows what he has now and adjusts, at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                              We'll see...

                              I see the game went from -8.5 Eagles to -9.5

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 5k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I just realized Houston is the one part of Texas not getting the Browns game. Oops. I guess they’re done watching Watson…

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • JaxJ Jax

                                  @packernation said:

                                  It's tremendous you feel good about this game. I think the reason may be your fandom and the fact winning would quiet some of the naysayers.

                                  I hope your "reason" helps the Browns get the win. Though I don't share your sanguine outlook, I respect it.

                                  I feel good about the Packers vs. Arizona as well.

                                  Nah, I think KS knows what he has now and adjusts, at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                                  We'll see...

                                  Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 9k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @jax said:

                                  at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                                  This is something that the Eagles have done with us many times in the past.  

                                  BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                                  sydS PackerNationP 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • OrionO Orion

                                    @jax said:

                                    at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                                    This is something that the Eagles have done with us many times in the past.  

                                    syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 7k Posts
                                    • 3k Reputation
                                    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @orion said:

                                    This is something that the Eagles have done with us many times in the past.  

                                    to the giants ? LOL

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • OrionO Orion

                                      @jax said:

                                      at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                                      This is something that the Eagles have done with us many times in the past.  

                                      PackerNation PackerNationP Banned One Year In One Month Later Dedicated Collaborator Reacting Well First Post Week One Done
                                      • 240 Posts
                                      • 65 Reputation
                                      PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by PackerNation
                                      #18

                                      @orion said:

                                      This is something that the Eagles have done with us many times in the past.  

                                      The Browns are 1-5 vs the Eagles going back to 2000.

                                      If you go back to 1963 to 1979, then one could wonder if the Eagles "looked past" the Browns during that time. Not likely. The Browns had good teams during that time. Some good games in there during that era.

                                      JaxJ T 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • JaxJ Jax

                                        @packernation said:

                                        It's tremendous you feel good about this game. I think the reason may be your fandom and the fact winning would quiet some of the naysayers.

                                        I hope your "reason" helps the Browns get the win. Though I don't share your sanguine outlook, I respect it.

                                        I feel good about the Packers vs. Arizona as well.

                                        Nah, I think KS knows what he has now and adjusts, at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                                        We'll see...

                                        FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 4k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @jax said:

                                        Nah, I think KS knows what he has now and adjusts, at the same time catching the Eagles looking past us.

                                        We'll see...

                                        im with you, the team responds   - and (we'll see)

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • PackerNationP PackerNation

                                          @orion said:

                                          This is something that the Eagles have done with us many times in the past.  

                                          The Browns are 1-5 vs the Eagles going back to 2000.

                                          If you go back to 1963 to 1979, then one could wonder if the Eagles "looked past" the Browns during that time. Not likely. The Browns had good teams during that time. Some good games in there during that era.

                                          Jax JaxJ One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter One Month Later Reacting Well Collaborator Week One Done Dedicated First Post
                                          • 6k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          JaxJ Jax wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @packernation said:

                                          The Browns are 1-5 vs the Eagles going back to 2000.

                                          If you go back to 1963 to 1979, then one could wonder if the Eagles "looked past" the Browns during that time. Not likely. The Browns had good teams during that time. Some good games in there during that era.

                                          I thought teams changed every year and we couldn't predict based off their last season? Now you're going back through the ages?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate