Skip to content

Currently our 2025 first round pick is....

The Browns Board
684 34 21.1k 1
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

  • Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    I'm not a fan of Allar's foot work... He almost always throws off the wrong foot or is unbalanced... If we get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. ok Take a gamble.. But I don't see him as a first rnd pick.. If he proves me wrong then great... I'll never say never.. But much like Fields.. I see him doing things he won't get away with in the NFL...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

  • Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

    Very sloppy. Wind up motion, questionable footwork.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Sanders. 

    Wards throwing motion scares the shit out of me. 

    Yep. Sanders is the only one any team should take as a 1st rounder.

  • Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    The NY Giants will have the 1st pick in the draft.  Whadya think they need most?  🙂  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Allar's top wr on the list of draftees -

    is #34 on the list. Pretty terrific numbers for not having top wr's in college.

    But, I'm biased, he's my stupid mock draft pick, so.....

    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Drew-Allar-QB-PennState

    I'm not a fan of Allar's foot work... He almost always throws off the wrong foot or is unbalanced... If we get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. ok Take a gamble.. But I don't see him as a first rnd pick.. If he proves me wrong then great... I'll never say never.. But much like Fields.. I see him doing things he won't get away with in the NFL...

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I'm not a fan of Allar's foot work... He almost always throws off the wrong foot or is unbalanced... If we get him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.. ok Take a gamble.. But I don't see him as a first rnd pick.. If he proves me wrong then great... I'll never say never.. But much like Fields.. I see him doing things he won't get away with in the NFL...

    You aren't wrong - he may stay in college one more year, then watch him go too high for the Browns. He would not be ready for his first year, but with some pro coaching and experience here and there - I love his upside, like I loved Josh Allen's upside back then.

    .....Allen.....Allar.....hmm.

    https://nittanycentral.com/penn-state-football-news-drew-allar-nick-singleton-nfl-draft-predictions/

    "

    Drew Allar ranks 5th nationally in passing efficiency and leads the nation in deep-ball accuracy with a 63% completion rate on throws over 15 yards.

    Averaging 216 yards per game and boasting an 8:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, he’s 6th in overall QBR (87.5).While he’s an elite talent, another season could elevate him from a second or third-round pick to a top-5 draft selection. How he handles Ohio State and possible playoff games will be crucial."

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

     On the surface, Allar's stats are.... interesting.  Very 2006-ish.   You don't see a lot of volume in the Penn State passing game from him, 

     He went 30 or more passing attempts only twice, averaging 22 attempts per game.  He also has two RBs that accounted for 300 carries.   Meaning Penn State averaged 23 rushing attempts per game.  That's fantastic balance, so it makes me curious how the game script goes.  

     A bit more alarming is how Allar did against the two best defenses he faced all year.  Throwing at a combined 55.3% with 3tds and 3 INts.  

     I haven't had much time for these sorts of things this season. But being that he's draft eligible, I might go on a film dive of Allar. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Allar has had a couple of serious struggles - as I've noted - his wr's had big trouble getting open a few games, most notably, Ohio State. The Penn State wr group was a concern...

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/at-penn-state-the-wide-receivers-culture-is-different-this-year-01j27v2ne92c

    "Asked whether receiver being the team's biggest positional question, Hagans didn't duck the question.

    "I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter to us," he said.

    *********************************

    I really admire Allar's maturity - and he is very, very smart. He might very well stay another year with Penn - but if he comes out this next draft - I would draft him. If I could draft him in the second round, that would be brilliant.

    https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/penn-state-s-drew-allar-reflects-on-the-passing-game-and-ohio-state-01jc18f0jx24

    Penn State's Drew Allar Reflects on the Passing Game and Ohio State

    The Nittany Lions quarterback defends his receivers of criticism: "I don’t really find it necessary at all."
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Unfortunately we are in a year with only one 1st round worthy QB. Hopefully no one ahead of us needs one.

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who is the one first rounder? Sanders? Ward?

    Try not to laugh too hard at this one, but there is a guy I'm starting to think about who is contemplating entering the draft that could possibly be a good 2nd or 3rd round pick (that could be even higher if he waited a year).  Syracuse went 9-3 without the type of talent Ohio State usually has to work with so these are impressive stats IMO considering the situation under a 1st year HC there.  When I saw him play, he was much more decisive from good pre-snap reads helping him release the ball much quicker this year. Oh yeah, it's Kyle McCord and I'm not McKidding you!

    image.thumb.png.36b1c5fb87327fb304800f6b8728f311.png

    image.png.4e38f13ca43d8574601df66349cbe6bd.png

    Here's his top 3 Receivers:

    image.thumb.png.9bb101870717ddfe5af71a31b4b6e05d.png

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

  • Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Funny you'd bring McCord up @flugel, I just saw a 7 round mock draft that had the Browns taking him too, but in the 6th round.

    I'd much rather take Allar in the 2nd or 3rd (if he comes out) than McCord. 

    Thanks!  6th round projection might bring him back to Syracuse for the last year of eligibility.  Stay tuned...

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    Allar is a much better arm talent than McCord. And Better escapability and athleticism.  McCord sat for some time got his opportunity and then appeared to be spoon fed last year and had trouble reading defenses.  He is probably gotten better (competition weaker this year)  but the level ahead of him is three steps up. 
     

    Being fair and balanced, I don’t really want to draft Allar especially in the range where someone will view him- 1st or 2nd round…but he has a nice collection of NFL type throws.  He may throw the best slant route of anyone in this upcoming draft.  But Off his spot with guys in his face and tougher defenses he doesn’t get the job done and his mechanics are $hit. I don’t see a lot of bad decisions aside from that last INT in the Oregon game.  Some Correctable stuff…perhaps.  
     

    These two guys are major projection type prospects.  Lottery picks.  3rd or worse for Allar.  5th or worse for McCord.  If Allar makes it to the 3rd round I’ll be shocked.  Some good tape and athleticism will be enough for some team 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

  • It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's obviously early, but if you were of the mind that you'd love for the Browns to take a LT in the coming draft there could be an opportunity to get one and trading down to get more picks. 

    LSU's Will Campbell seems to be the consensus #1 OLineman, but his short arms make many think he might end up as a OGuard. I'd rather not take an overall top 10 pick on a guard. There's a few tackles from Texas and Minnesota that seem to be guys available outside the top 10.

    I'd love to get our future LT AND pick up more picks. I'd be one giddy guinea. 

    I’d prefer a Tackle or edge rusher.   I wouldn’t take a projected guard at the next level with a top 10 pick.  Setting up a support system for a guy in 2026 probably a good idea. If you go edge we’d have three picks within the top 100 to add this support.   If they are targeting a tackle and get to go back in the draft obviously an ideal situation - add picks in 2026 to secure a QB in that draft.  You can’t pass on a QB in 2026. 
     

    I think it is pretty simple in the top 10…best available…elite QB, tackle, pass rusher or some can’t miss unicorn toy (RB/WR). 
     

    Second level QB…after the teams ahead of us take “their guy”. No thanks.  

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149

    We are up to #6 after that 6 turnover performance 

    IMG_1438.png

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

  • So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So right now we sit at #6 overall... looking at Kiper's Big Board, I love where we sit. 

    There could be four first round tackles. There's even more DE/edge players. Want a corner? WR? TE? 

    We sit at #6 overall, and lo and behold, Kiper has on his board the #6 player Boise State RB Ashton Jeanty. Here's the question to you all: 

    Would you consider taking Jeanty with our first round pick? 

    No.